Phantis Forums

Okkas

DUDE

The Cypriot news said that Man City and Udinese has expressed an interest in Okkas. Andy Cole is expected to leave City in the Summer, and Okkas could link up with Samaras there. Udinese on the other hand want a 'creative and hardworking forward' to partner Iaquinta up front and Okkas is being considered. When asked Okkas said he is very happy at Olympiakos. Do these rumours have any truth in them??? Could we lose him?

i dont think any team would pay thrylos to break his contract at ths moment in time especialy as his contract ends next summer... but... next summer it could be a possibility, especialy if he makes some good games in CL..

i dont think any team would pay thrylos to break his contract at ths moment in time especialy as his contract ends next summer... but... next summer it could be a possibility, especialy if he makes some good games in CL..

I think Okkas contract is coming up in the summer so he would technically be a free agent and could go anywhere he desires

Not sure if all these Rumors are true

dont understand why anyone outside of Greece would want this player??? :blink:

therefore i would believe this if it happened

Okkas is an unusual talent. He has skill, passion, nerve; he works hard and he is very clever. However he is not playmaker (typical number 10) he is a centre-forward. And for a 'number 9' he just doesn't get enough goals! If he was more of a goalscorer he'd be great. Maybe teams like City are seeing the talents he does have and want to improve his eye for goal. Things like movement in the box, a calmness when posed with a chance and positioning can be taught to a player. If they were able to do this with Okkas he'd be very effective.

dont understand why anyone outside of Greece would want this player??? :blink:

therefore i would believe this if it happened

My friend I have to agree with you...

I feel that he's a decent player for the club and that's about it. I believe that this is the highest he'll play at his carrer unless he has a tremendous CL season next year... (And I don't see that happening)

Well he's quick, has tons of experience, not afraid of taking defenders on, and he's a work horse. It's true that his finishing is subpar, I remeber back in his AEK days during the CL I'm sure he should have had 10 goals, but other than he could make up to be the perfect player to support another striker. I can see why Udenese wants him. He'd be ideal to partner up with Iquitana(sp?) in Udinese price range. They're not going after him because he can score but because he can support and setup. He has a rugged playing style, suited for Italy. I think this guy is Bajevic's favourite player, doesn't go anywhere without him, god forbid if he forgets poor Okkas. Somehow I think Bajevic is behind all this. What ever happened to Bajevic anyways?

Well he's quick, has tons of experience, not afraid of taking defenders on, and he's a work horse. It's true that his finishing is subpar, I remeber back in his AEK days during the CL I'm sure he should have had 10 goals, but other than he could make up to be the perfect player to support another striker. I can see why Udenese wants him. He'd be ideal to partner up with Iquitana(sp?) in Udinese price range. They're not going after him because he can score but because he can support and setup. He has a rugged playing style, suited for Italy. I think this guy is Bajevic's favourite player, doesn't go anywhere without him, god forbid if he forgets poor Okkas. Somehow I think Bajevic is behind all this. What ever happened to Bajevic anyways?

How much do u think Olympiakos can get for Okkas.

I have always liked Okkas but the problem with him is that he came in with high expectations and he just isn't that type of a player

he is a player that brings energy to the club and can create something out of nuttin

if Olympiakos gets a nice offer for him that will be fine by me to let him go

especially knowing that Pappas will be on the squad for next season

As for Bajevic i haven't heard anything from him.

I mean where can he possibly go

the guy for some reason is the most hated coach in Greece and everybody forgets teh winningst coach in history.

But for Olympiakos he had to go but i think Bajevic can thrive in turning some club around.

A club currently in shambles is Paok and he has once Coached Paok and was pretty successful in winning the Greek cup with them.

But again Paok has problems with paying wages and they have this hardcore side which Bajevic may not want to deal with

again this is speculation but for the good of the game i think Bajevic should get a call to a club but i think he is taking a year off just to get rid of all the unwarranted hostility towards him

How much do u think Olympiakos can get for Okkas.

I have always liked Okkas but the problem with him is that he came in with high expectations and he just isn't that type of a player

he is a player that brings energy to the club and can create something out of nuttin

if Olympiakos gets a nice offer for him that will be fine by me to let him go

especially knowing that Pappas will be on the squad for next season

As for Bajevic i haven't heard anything from him.

I mean where can he possibly go

the guy for some reason is the most hated coach in Greece and everybody forgets teh winningst coach in history.

But for Olympiakos he had to go but i think Bajevic can thrive in turning some club around.

A club currently in shambles is Paok and he has once Coached Paok and was pretty successful in winning the Greek cup with them.

But again Paok has problems with paying wages and they have this hardcore side which Bajevic may not want to deal with

again this is speculation but for the good of the game i think Bajevic should get a call to a club but i think he is taking a year off just to get rid of all the unwarranted hostility towards him

Okkas is better than Pappas, no contest. Pappas is ok, but lets not get carried away!

As for Bajevic he is an excellent coach. Had Zahovic not been imposed on him he would have done great things at the club. The only 2 times Olympiakos have done well in the CL, Bajevic was coach! He can make a good side out of an avergae group of players by making them a unit. I guarantee if Bajevic was at Sunderland they'd have much more chance of staying up! Whether people like him or not he knows his football, and there is a reason he rates Okkas highly!

Okkas could go for a cool mil, since he has interest from more than one club and clubs with dough. I've always thought of Okkas as good player, works very hard, but his finishing could be better.

When you consider the amount other mediocre strikers are sold for I'd value Okkas at

Okkas could go for a cool mil, since he has interest from more than one club and clubs with dough. I've always thought of Okkas as good player, works very hard, but his finishing could be better.

so wut the hell are we waiting for

i mean its good for Okkas and good for Olympiakos

the big teams always do this as well they sell away players and get other players to fill in positions

so wut the hell are we waiting for lets get negotiations going

So the english want a new Klinsman do they???

They want a player who will fall like a bag of s%$#! if u just touch a little trixa on his head? :LOL:

By no means do i compair okkas to Klinsman in any form of skill as a player...

other than dyving.... :LOL:

They want a player who will fall like a bag of s%$#! if u just touch a little trixa on his head? :LOL:

Okkas is better than any forward you have so doesn't matter if he dives does it? I suppose PAO players don't dive then?

okkas is a usefull tool that he has and can help so i would want our team to keep him.He has performed good for our club and unless we have someone better to replace him he should stay here.

They want a player who will fall like a bag of s%$#! if u just touch a little trixa on his head?  :LOL:

Okkas is better than any forward you have so doesn't matter if he dives does it? I suppose PAO players don't dive then?
Pao has class strikers like Manzios and Gekas lol

yeah, but gekas has great hair.

i think if any team offers us money for okkas we should give him. i think sollied can turn a mill. into a much better player than okkas.

although i am not a big fan of okkas, i do believe that his style of play would suit him well in the premiership. he runs a lot, he fast , hes a hard working player, he returns to play in his defensive zone, and he can poach in on the occasional goal. he's a poor mans stelios.

also i like seeing olympiakos players on other teams, it spreads our name out.

Archived