Phantis Forums

Bosko Balaban

montechristo

AEK Athens are keen on Club Brugge striker Bosko Balaban, according to reports in Greece.

The club's technical director Ilja Ivic recently travelled to Brussels to hold talks with the Croatian striker.

Former Aston Villa man Balaban is free to speak with interested parties as his contract is due to expire in the summer.

Ivic believes the 28-year-old is interested in playing in Greece, although everything depends on whether he can agree terms.

from skysports

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...n&channel=world

This would be a great signing for AEK.

The one thing that I would question here though is how Lybe and Balaban will do... And when you throw in there Cesar... That's 3 forwards that are fighting for the number 1 spot.. Someone is going to have a headache on their shoulders.

That's 3 forwards that are fighting for the number 1 spot.. Someone is going to have a headache on their shoulders.

3??? There are more than that.... Lymbe, Cesar, Kampetanos,Soares, Vyslinski (if he stays) and now they are talking Salpiggidis....

Too many strikers here as far as im concerned... Personally I think our offensive problems stem from the issue that we absolutely no holding midfielders or playmakers to create the offensive chances...

We dump and chase still which should be OK, but I guess we even have problems scoring there....

Look the problem is that

1) Lakis... and ... Soares.. that play very often on the wings... have no many footballistic class ... they haven't got the killer instinct in front of the goals... nor the necessary techninc

2) Lyberopoulos in the centre, who has some class... is very slo o o o o o o o o o w...

.....The same Ivic, who is supposed to do some creative play making.........

3) Katsouranis..., Emerson...., Tschanko.... are solid workers...., but no genuine "mballadorides....

4) Our wing-backs... are very mediocre.. and nothing comes from them in offensive part.....

This is the problem for our offensive and constructive problems.......

5) Is Santos... He's a stubborn.... He could give some magic...

I saw Kone for only 3 minutes.. and 2 -3 ball touches by him... This guy is a promise.... and Santos must give him playing time....

Kone is the kind of player that AEK needs...

1) Lakis... and ... Soares.. that play very often on the wings... have no many footballistic class ... they haven't got the killer instinct in front of the goals... nor the necessary techninc

2) Lyberopoulos in the centre, who has some class... is very slo o o o o o o o o o w...

.....The same Ivic, who is supposed to do some creative play making.........

3) Katsouranis..., Emerson...., Tschanko.... are solid workers...., but no genuine "mballadorides....

4) Our wing-backs... are very mediocre.. and nothing comes from them in offensive part.....

This is the problem for our offensive and constructive problems.......

5) Is Santos... He's a stubborn.... He could give some magic...

I saw Kone for only 3 minutes.. and 2 -3 ball touches by him... This guy is a promise.... and Santos must give him playing time....

Kone is the kind of player that AEK needs...

Lakis didnt have it before he left for England, but we signed him back anyways. He is fast and can make some OK passes sometimes, but he has never been a scorer and probably never will be. But he is continually played in a position where he is supposed to...

We have no creative players in the middle. Period. To me that is the biggest problem.

The wing backs have been a problem for a long time. but nothing has been done about them. Its really too bad...

I will believe Kone when I see it... Hopefully it will be the start to some creative midfield..

I feel that the changes they are making are "bandaid" fixes and if they dont watch themselves, they will end up doing what alot of other administrations did at AEK... look for the quick fix...

...I feel that the changes they are making are "bandaid" fixes and if they dont watch themselves, they will end up doing what alot of other administrations did at AEK... look for the quick fix...

They're patching us up with "bandaids" when anyone can see we need surgery! :angry:

At least we could fix a very important Problem, which

was left for many years untouched: The Goalkeeper Problem :P

A team always reflects the character of the coach...... this is only meant, who visited the higher classes of football :P

And when you study Santos' face for some while... what do you see on it ? ?

Joy ? Wit ? Hillarity ?

For Jesus sake no !

You see on his face.... The Portuguese Saudade Culture (again these are expresions, for mankind with a wider horizon ...and some cultural knowledge :P )

Melancholy..., Egotism... , Seriousness

And this is the AEK you see on the field.....

Sometimes I question my self... why Nikolaidis (who I respect a lot)...is so fond of Santos.....

Often the questions are easier than one could think...... It could be that both are of the same size...

As a coach, after some boring offensive games... I would have tried a different formation..:

.............................. Venglisky........Kapetanios........................

.......................Kone...............................................Lakis................

......Katsouranis........................................Emerson.........................

Kontis.................................Alexopoulos.....................................Cirillo..........

......................................................Dellas................................................

...............................................Sorrentino..........................................

Lyberopoulos ...and Ivic are out..........both ........too sloooooooooooooooooooooow

And why hire Dellas and leave him on the bench ?? ....We have neither no good backs.....

Cirillo would be better than the other backs.. and Dellas could also play.....

There you would see a different AEK .. .. I m sure of it ....

But Senor Santos.. likes the boreness..........

I thimk Salpigidis will be a good signing for us. He is fast and he will help us score more often. I agree with all of you about Lybe that he is slow but he is still our number one striker and every time he gets the ball there is always 2 defenders blocking him and that's why SANTOS keeps him in because he will get 2 defenders on him and then leave the other striker alone. About eveybody going against SANTOS decisions i think you are wrong. He is the best coach by far. SANTOS will be the next Bajevich. Give him some money so he can get some players with talent and i bet you he will make us champs again. My views guys.

FORZA AEKARA FORZA SANTOS FORZA DEMI

I thimk Salpigidis will be a good signing for us. He is fast and he will help us score more often. I agree with all of you about Lybe that he is slow but he is still our number one striker and every time he gets the ball there is always 2 defenders blocking him and that's why SANTOS keeps him in because he will get 2 defenders on him and then leave the other striker alone. About eveybody going against SANTOS decisions i think you are wrong. He is the best coach by far. SANTOS will be the next Bajevich. Give him some money so he can get some players with talent and i bet you he will make us champs again. My views guys.

FORZA AEKARA FORZA SANTOS FORZA DEMI

I completely agree. I don't think we should start getting excited about Santos. He is a great coach that has a vision for the team. Lets not forget that last season, his strategies kept us winning. The team lacks money and that is the biggest problem. Personally i believe that he is doing the best anyone could do under the circumstances. Lymbe is a great player, but very slow. We lack creativity and that is due to the lack of great talent. We have some nice young prospects that need time to develop and not be thrown onto the pitch because we think they are good.

We aren't at practice, Santos is. And if he feels that a player is ready to play he will include him. There are a lot of things we don't see and that we don't know about football to judge who should start and get more playing time.

Someone said something about not playing Dellas. Yes he is a great player, but obviously he isn't 100%. He was injured again in Saudi Arabia. When he came to the team he hadn't played in a 1 year and a half and did not completely recover from his injuries. During the game with Iraklis he missed a lot of crosses that should have been cleared and forwards ran past him several times. And I'm not diminishing his abilities but the guy is still not ready. If he was they would have given him a contract guaranteeing his pay for this season.

Anway, what i want to leave off with, is that we should be like the gavroi and the vazeli who complain about their coaches once things start to look a little bleak. I think we have one of the best coaches in the league and I hope he has a long future with AEK.

Oh and by the way lets try not to use the name Bajevic in this forum. It makes me want to vomit. ;) ;)

I agree with all of you about Lybe that he is slow but he is still our number one striker and every time he gets the ball there is always 2 defenders blocking him and that's why SANTOS keeps him in because he will get 2 defenders on him and then leave the other striker alone

That's why we score so many goals.. and clean the games early :whistle:

lybe is a good player, he's just being employed in the wrong position. He should be playing behind 2 strikers, as an attacking midfieldler, lybe has great passing and shooting vision.

Either way though, if AEK plays like this I'd rather see them finish 3rd and in the uefa cup, rather than 2nd and in the CL and embarrasing themselves. It's hard to believe AEK is in 2nd, playing like that would get you relegated in some leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Venglisky anti Lybe... grafoun...

O Portogalos.. eftiaxe olh thn "offensive" organisation apano ston Lybe.... opos to grafo pro polou... oxi apo tote pou irthane ta arnitika apotelesmata...

Afti thn thesi eprepe na thn edone ston Venglisky apo thn arxi ths saison... se afton apano eprepe na ftiaxi thn omada otan vadisoume "mbrosta"....

Giati apo thn perasmeni saison fenountane oti o Lybe then travouse.. opos kai anixa kai topic persi.......

Ton Lybe tha ton metaxirisa os Joker... sthn ilika pou ine

Tora erxete o Santos kai lei ekana lathi....

O allos "agapitos" mou ine sto kato meros..... kai girnai pali piso....

Tha ithela poly na estisa ego thn omada... sta teleuta 10 match....

Tha vlepate mia diaforitiki AEK..... oxi melancholiki....

Archived