Phantis Forums

Alter Globe and Movies

Anyone here know why Alter Globe does not air the movies that they show on Alter in Greece?? This is one of the things I was looking forward to with this channel when I heard it was coming. According to their website, they show some good stuff, comedies with Stathis Psaltis, Moustakas, Vengos, etc. So why can't they show it here, it would also add more programming so they don't have to repeat stuff over and over. Is it a rights issue?

Thanks.

this whole rights stuff is junk. when we pay so much each month to see a channel from greece we should see everything. what type of rights dont allow a movie from psalti from the 80's i just never got it. i see greek sat as a lame excuse and a way for them to steal our money b/c the programming we get sucks.

If things work in Greece just like they do here in the US, the rights to those movies belong to the movie studios. As for the availibility on TV, it depends on who and for what region do those film studios sell the rights to. My guess is that Alter only has the rights from those studios to show those movies in Greece only. As far as I know only Mega Cosmos shows Greek movies on regular basis.

edw to thlefwno filarakia parte kai kante parapona

1-800-306-7526 (Globestar)

kai pes toys kai gia tis diafhmhseis

etsi den gemizoun to programma ta pay tv channels

de lew kalo pou einai live , enta3ei kai oi epanalhpseis alla HMARTON

poses fores 8a 8oume to souvlaki restaurant sth florida pou exei chinese food?

kai greek night , 48 fores thn hmera.

egw pantws phra

egw pantws phra

Braovmegale,

What did they tell you? I called and for the movies she told me pretty much what Ziaka mentioned above that they don't have the rights to air these films outside of Greece. That sucks! :tdown:

I forgot to mention about the commercials because the lady I spoke to was rushing me and she did not know much of anything anyway. Apparently Stavro (I think he is the boss) is the only one who knows anything. I have called other times (cause I bug them about Mega and whether its every going to be available in Canada) and no one knows anything except this Stavro guy?! He is away for two weeks so I guess its not worth it to call unless you can get him who has Actual information.

Regarding the commercials, I think the problem is more to do with Greece then here. From what I undestand and have seen they only take one BIG commercial break and do not space it out like you see here in North America. Also these are probably the only advertisements they have, I am not sure if they are allowed to show local advertisements (meaning non Greek)? If Mega and Alter ever launch in Canada maybe you will see some Canadian stuff which will mix it up a little but other than that I don't see what they can do? How many American or Canadian companies would want to advertise on these stations, which are niche channels and only reach 'x' amount of people? I don't know how that whole advertising thing works but that may be why you don't see any other commercials because no one else wants to advertise on these channels.

On the other hand, since some shows take 10-15 min. breaks, you can go and do something else then come back instead of sitting there watching the same crappy commercials- which is friggin' annoying, as you mentioned! :angry:

Hellashab

the story is the same, did you mention that you will drop both alter and mega....

however they are bringing also mega they know what it takes to get the rights

if what they claim is true.

as for the commercials when its a live programm they have to insert commercials

but my point is why can't they have other stuff in between

do they have to show the same commercials 100 times a day...

some months ago dish was getting the signal as it was coming from greece

now according to dksat the get the signal insert the commercials and then they sent it

back to dish.

do they expect people to get alter if they continue to repeat the same commercials

100 time a day ...it will turn off everybody at the end.

i dont think they are very smart

they must have someone from greece in charge..............................

and they want to bring alpha......?

Archived