Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Larisa

HOLLYWOOD

Goalares simera, alla to goal tou Tzioli itan asullipto. To kalutero tis xronias.

MALEZANI ASE TON TZIOLI STIN 11ADA TIN ALLI BDOMADA! TO PAIDI THELEI NA DEIKSEI TI AKSIZEI. O BRAZILIANOS DEN EXEI EPIGNWSI TIS KRISIMOTITAS AUTOU TOU DERBY!

I think that we played like s%$#! in the first half.

To me Larisa is a very weak side. Defenantly will be relagated unless Kalithea never wakes up...

If I will see Biscan to play as a CB in the derby I will fire Malessani myself...

The guy was horrible today

Nillsson was totally raped by Aloneftis. Thank God we have Vyndra as a RB cause even though Vidra sucks he is not as horrible as Nilsson.

As a matter of fact Malessani had to put Tzioli on Alonafti as a right half and to put Leondiou in Tzioli's place (as a BH) replacing Haralabidi who had an ok game.

I feel that Gekas should always start next to Manzio. He is the best of what is left (with Olisadebe gone)

I know that next week the game will be totlay diffrent but I just have a feeling that we will manage to get a 2-2 draw.

ha typical post! of course its larisa sucks not that we played well!

never mind the fact that they actually played well, had a great opportunity hit the post and were coming up with counterattacks in the first half, they were fast and patient.....credit to them, and there fans were there in big numbers (2000 tonight!!).....this team will definitly stay alive man.....dont look for reasons why we werent that good and undermine a 2nd half great performance by the team.... seriously, i know when we play like s%$#! or mediocre im usually the first to critisize, but the last 10 mins of the first/ whole second half we were working together/passing great and making opportunities and working hard........why have a problem with that?

as soon as they decided to keep the ball on the ground and move it they were doing great! With the actual goal it was great to see confidence again in the team.....

as for Biscan------was not that bad as usual but he wasnt that great he did ok but Denis Serban was taking it to all the PAO defense....Aloneftis to was fast.....but when Gkoumas is back theres no reason for him to be playing at this club anymore...hes not worth the $$$ but hes ok......Id like to see him get another chance in midfield though because the first game i saw him play with Zaragoza he was unbelievable.....might of been just a friendly but still looked like a promising midfielder...

and

Larisa had some great players......Serban was all over the place and it wasnt nillson being raped it was all 4!!!!!!! Aloneftis was ok but Serban is was definitly good enough to be with us.....

definitly be relegated???? yeah right.....that teams got way more potential than mid table teams thats for sure...Panionios, Akratitos, Levadiakos, Kallithea, Aigaleo etc......no way as good as Larisa i know they didnt have a great october and caught some losses....Aigaleo we beat only 2-0 but nowhere near as dangerous as these guys...

thank god we have Vintra??? cuz he NEVER GETS RAPED sure....

honestly i have not seen a player get more beat/slack marking than Loukas Vyntra before on any team.....he has occasional games where he plays great but often he functions as an easy target for other teams...

i was about to post thank god we have Nilsson because even in the 10 minutes vintra played he was crap as usual! Nilsson did very well, contributed more to the offense....Nilsson looked very solid and reliable which is a releif compared to the anxiety Loukas Vyntra was causing.....Nilsson might not be the best we could have but slowly slowly hes getting better like the one that was playing for Sweden....

my take from OAKA....

Galinovic 8 -------this guy turned out awesome....i honestly feel Kota-Melos wouldnt be able to win a spot over him anymore.....

Nilsson- 6, average, not great first half, 2nd half came up and was more involved in the atacks and better on defense.....7 for 2nd half....

Biscan 6------was ok at first but then Serban tied him in knots....other than dealing with direct attacks into the box which he didnt take to well Larisa wasnt able to get anything promising off of crosses thanks to him and Morris....want Gkoumas back in...

Morris 7------a little above average..solid but trouble dealing with the attack sometimes.....like Biscan but played better overall

Darlas------6........not great.......again the defense had trouble with the speed of the Larisa players i think

Bidis- 5-6 ---------------not great....i dont know why the hell u would make short passes in the air but he seemed to first half.......his crosses, set peices were garbage. He crosses from way too high up and it didnt lead anywhere, got better 2nd half and made an assist as soon he was crossing from deep enough....

Eki 6------i think he was-our worst player today......it seems he doesnt know how to make a pass anymore.......again like bidis he got better towards the middle second half but first half his passes and touch was just trash.....he lost the ball all the time... the first pass where he didnt screw it up we got a goal (opened to bidis)......

id like to see us look into another attacking mid...we could use some depth here for when hes performing like this......

Seric 7.5--- plays great....hes really fast, in fact the rest of his teammates can never catch up with him had opportunities/crosses all first half but nobody on the end....made a good presence on the left wing and he was working well tonight

Tziolis----6, not as good as Conceicao i didnt think........Tziolis worked but hes not good enough for the team yet, yeah great goal but it suprised the hell out of me because the guy was finding himself with plenty of outside shooting opportunities and they were all awful......but hey he finally got the one he wanted and smashed it home good for him..... i prefer Conceicao though to be honest...latley he seems to know what hes doing where Tziolis is just running around often......i think the goal embelishes his performance a lot...vs bigger teams like OSFP/Europe i wouldnt feel comfortable using him just yet...

Papadopoulos 7 ----- could be better, hes looking more and more like a winger....made good dribbles, won a lot of fouls and was holding the ball up and starting up the offense......I liked Mantzios more

Gkekas--9--wait everybody here says he ###### blows!!! seriously have some patience...he had a bad start to the year everybody knows that but hell get his touch back and is starting to when the team is confident he comes through he was all over the place today.....him and mantzios worked well together towards the end....

he played great, came desperately close a few times to scoring, ended up hitting a post once ( i think the second post was his too?) unlucky, but eventually found the net twice.....was ready for chances and even made a few himself........

Leontiou 7---- great player.....looks very confident and skilled for his age hell definilty be a big player in the next couple years.....good touch, set peices passes.....

Vyntra- not in long enough to do damage

Mantzios 7- looked good yet again.... with him and Gkekas in form + a solid defense (dont see the second part happening) i think they can take us to the top of the league.....

as for next week:

we have everything to gain, if we win this well just grow like a rolling snowball in the protathlima and be contenders again....for sure

and our defense looked bad today but seriously we only have to worry about the speed of Okkas maybe Babginda if he plays...... Kota-dinou, Rivaldo...not nealy as fast as the larisa players.....

i dont know what to guess......1-1/2-2.......but i think a win there is long overdue....its a derby and anythign can happen.......

crowd was disapointing when i first got there but just towards the end it filled up some......it was really dispersed/spread out but i expected way less, was much better than i expected i cant tell maybe about 12000? we can do better still...

also a funny chant was:

valte, olo

to allogo ston kolo,

gia sas, gia sas, g*** th larisa sas......

took me a second to get it but it was pretty funny i thought

please......larisa didnt make us look good, we actually played good ball.....

some people bitch cuz the teams not playing ball and when it does play ball for a change you still bitch.....

forget about it. support the team and colours this is PAO and fans should be supporting the team because it is there team not because they are currently winning or not.....

The team played very well against Larisa. I watched the game (minus the first fifteen minutes of the second half that ERT Sat had problems with), and as a fan of many years I agree with Drakos' assessment. It was the first time in a long time that I enjoyed watching our team.

Galinovich had a couple of very good saves.

Nilsson played tight on defense and had a couple of excellent runs down the right. The fake on the right side of the penalty box and the assist that Gekas missed was really cool.

Tziolis had a very good game (my only disagreement with Drakos). He is 20 years old, and played his first whole game of this championship (78 minutes total as a substitute up to yesterday-only other whole game was at Werder Bremen). Mind you, not a stellar game, but I like to see more of him. He was strong and gave the team what we lack with Conceicao: he pressed the opponents tenaciously when we gave up the ball on offence. As a result, Larisa did not have the quick first pass for a counter-attack most of the game.

He scored an excellent goal, and was not affraid to attack with several runs and shots. I think this is our fist long range shot this season (besides free-kicks).

Leontiou was superb. The assist to Gekas on the second goal was a 30 meters diagonal pass from left to right (last time I remember such long, accurate passes was with Rotsa wearing number 10)! Too bad he did not wear the red shoes. I like to see some flair on the pitch, and I hope the misguided booing from the fans against Iraklis did not get to him. He was great as defensive midfielder, and pushed the team forward like no one else has in the last years from this position. He is only 21 and very tallended.

Gekas had an excellent game. I am always surprised to hear people booing him, and it was sad to see him so reserved after he scored. I hope it was that he likes Larisa (he started there), and not because he was booed against Iraklis. He missed the easy goals, but some of these chances looked easy because he made them so. He made two excellent goals.

Mantzios had an effort on goal that showed class. The way he stopped the ball in the air before he shot we don't see very often in the Greek championship. Kotsolis saved the goal by chance, but it was a good effort both ways.

Above all, and besides individual performance, the team played as a team. At times we played with some fluidity, we pushed the ball in the penalty box constantly from many different angles, and we were not predictable. For the first time I saw some cool plays down both flanks and the center that I had not seen before. Getting the ball in the box gives you chances to score, and we did that.

All three goals came as a result of excellent group plays. The three goals came after a cross from the right, a cross from the left, and a quick-pass play down the center that left the defenders in the dust (the Tziolis goal).

Finally, we were the team with the players first on the ball. This was missing from many previous games this season.

First half was mediocre. The second half our players showed some spirit and they even seemed to enjoy themselves on the pitch.

This second half reminded me what the fans and the players had forgotten up to now: It's a game.

This one was fun.

Hey Drakos I just want to say one thing about Serban he probabaly had his worst performance this year and you say he played well..There were cutting him up on Athlitiki Kyriaki...

hey bidis

athlitiki kiraki doesnt know s%$#! except for OLYMPIAKOS like "paikste mpala"

i dont know the numbers/larisa team by heart. i think i confused aloneftis with him during the game..i remember seeing larisa cutting up our defense and it wasnt always the same guy im pretty sure one was serban..... but he was making some trouble for pao so id say he played well.....

also paikste bala tonight said bidis played great.........YEAH RIGHT!!! the first pass he doesnt screw up leads in a goal.... (not meant @u bides but im speaking on the topic of these sunday show "analysis" not credible----logia polla and it takes ###### 2 hours to see the goals.....they need to make a show where they show everything from a, b, and g leagues, foregin leagues, highlights of the bigger games, SOME after match comments and NO DISCUSSION IN THE STUDIO!!!

they need to make a show where they show everything from a, b, and g leagues, foregin leagues, highlights of the bigger games, SOME after match comments and NO DISCUSSION IN THE STUDIO!!!

That's television on-the-cheap. Unfortunately, It is very popular in Greece (and everywhere else for that matter) where television and radio stations have elevated "Opinions" to the level of phrenology.

All news on Greek television consist 80% of people who just speculate and generally give *their* opinion. If it's not in a studio its on the streets where reporters run around asking random people for their opinions. Then they spend a long time talking about them (the opinions). It costs money and it takes skill to do research and constructive reporting.

I think it would be good if we all remembered what Dirty Harry said about opinions...

:whistle:

Look Drakos, I like you attitude about supporting the team, you defenantly are a hard core fan.

I admire the fact that you can see far in the future on the potential of this team with Malessani.

I just want to say this.

I fail to see what you see. It pains me watch this mess of a team we are. I makes me feel sick that a team like Larisa (at their current playing behaviur) could give us trouble.

I will say this:

WHEN YOU ARE A BIG TEAM YOU KNOW HOW TO DEFEND. DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THE DAYS WHEN THE OTHER TEAMS COULD NOT EVEN TOUCH US.

WE COULD NOT EVEN THINK THAT A TEAM LIKE LARISA WAS NOT AN EASY WIN WITH A BIG GOAL DIFFRENCE.

I STRONGLY BELIVE THAT RIGHT NOW WE STILL HAVE THE PLAYERS TO HELP US DO THE SAME WELL OR AT LEAST VERY CLOSE TO BACK THEN. IT IS THAT OUR COACH HAS MESSED UP BOTH SYSTEMS AND POSSITIONS OF PLAYERS.

NIKOPOLIDIS <<< GALINOVICH

RB: SEITARIDIS >> VYDRA

-------------------->>>NILSSON

LB: FYSSAS < SERICH,

------------->>>DARLA

CB: HENGRISEN > MORRIS

CB: KYRIAKOS > KOTSIOS, GOUMAS

------------------>>>BISCAN

BH: BASIANS > BISCAN, TZIOLIS

--------------->>>>>>CONSEISAO, ANDRICH

WHEN I SAY WE COULD DEFEND I MEAN WE WOULDN'T LET THE OPPOSSITION EVEN THINK OF MAKING A CHANCE.

NOW ALL WE DO IS LET THEM PLAY AND CHANCES ARE GALINOVICH WILL SAVE OUR ASSES.

IS EVERYBODY BLIND THAT OUR WEAKES LINK BACK IN THE DAYS WAS NIKOPOLIDIS (CREDIT TO HIM, BECAUSE HE KNEW ONLY ONE THING TO TAKE GOOD POSSITIONS OF WHERE TO EXPECT THE BALL CAUSE HE COULD NOT MAKE A DECENT SAVE WITH HAVING TO JUMP TO ONE OF HIS SIDES. WHEN EVER THE BALL GOES TO A SIDE THAT HE IS A BIT FAR OF HIM, HE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE AN ATTEMPT. HE JUST WATCHED THE BALL LIKE A STATUE.)

I didn't just say that Larisa sucks with no reason. I saw them this past month agaisnt Osfp and Klamaria.

The Osfp game is nothing to talk about. Really even Dabizas had to score an own goal in order to help the gavrus wake up and win.

(Last season the same thing happened with Amantidi at the Osfp Kerkira game.)

The game that they made me feel that thet are a weak side was the one agaisnt Kalamaria. Kalamaria missed many chances to win that Cup game way from home. To be more specific. Aloneftis sucked. Kyparisis is their only real lead to scoring. Serban is a playmaker for a weak team. He was way worse than Kalamaria's Cleiton who could make a jump to a good team indeed.)

So, why could I blabe like you about Serich as a LX ???????? :huh:

To me Darlas in only his back up LB. Darlas one day might become great. But I do not care as a fan. We already pay a lot of money to a player that can play that possition and deserves his paycheck as a LB and only that.

Nilsson ? :blink:

I think he after Andrich is the worst player in the team. I won't say more, just that he is not Pao caliber. All he does is nothing. I would rather see him as a Lx if anything because he doesn't know the Rb possition at all.

Gonzales:

You say he was the worst player. FINALLY YOU ADMIT WHAT I TRY TO SAY ALL THIS TIME. HE IS WORTHLESS IN THAT POSSITON. HE ALWAYS GETS A YELLOW CARD. IT IS NOT NEWS THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE THE SKILL TO THROUGH A LONG BALL THUS HE USUALLY MAKES MISTAKES.

He used in a possition he can't perform as the great Gonzales we all knew about behind the 2 strikers as a playmaker.

Biscan: the same goes for him. We have a World class BH in our team and we use him as a CB :tdown: WHO ACTUALL CAN'T PLAY THAT POSSITION AT ALL.

Tziolis:

This is a player to actually give more playtime. He is by defenition the replacement of Basina in our team.

I would prefer to see Biscan next to Tzioli and we should be set.

Papadopoulos is not good at finishing chances. Thought he tries a lot and I respect that. To be honest I would try to make a LB or RB out of him and if it wored I would be happy since he can defenantly run.

Gekas: is nothing but a better and that his injury probelm wasn't that big to be banned by the team as Malessani decided.

And I strongly belive that Gekas is failing to score against tough teams.

I hope he prooves me wrong agaisnt the Kafrous.

Leondiou:

I strongly belive he is only fit to be a LX or a LH but not a BH to depend our defnese on him.

EX: Michalesen was a RH that was helping out Basina but we couldn't really depend on Michalesen as much for his defensive capabilities.

Michalesen was usually making runs as a RX and his crosses were as good as Leodiou are I at least think. -------That is why Serich sucks as a LX he can't cross the ball well.

dont u ever believe that the greek league could be somehow getting more competitive? afterall thts wht greeces main plan is? yeh myb pantha and thrulo a few years ago could be untouched by teams like larissa ioniko etc etc but hasnt it crossed ur mind tht somehow in this bour***o of a protathlima there has been a step forward..? myb at least on the competitive side?

the greek league is not getting stronger... the teams at the top are having a hard time playing aginst the smaller teams because.. OTHER thern larisa.. they all play with a 3-7-0 system... they sit back and hope to get a tie....

as for larisa sucking.. brother they come to play.... they went into oaka and karaiskaki and played offensive football... what more can u ask from a ''small team''

all the other teams come to karaiskaki and oaka and play defensive.. not including the big teams of course...

u guys need to see the little things about our soccer league.. in my opinion, larisa is a breath of fresh air to the usual defensive football displayed by small teams..

good for larisa and u will see they will not get relegated...maybe kalamaria will...

the greek league is not getting stronger... the teams at the top are having a hard time playing aginst the smaller teams because.. OTHER thern larisa.. they all play with a 3-7-0 system... they sit back and hope to get a tie....

as for larisa sucking.. brother they come to play.... they went into oaka and karaiskaki and played offensive football... what more can u ask from a ''small team''

all the other teams come to karaiskaki and oaka and play defensive.. not including the big teams of course...

u guys need to see the little things about our soccer league.. in my opinion, larisa is a breath of fresh air to the usual defensive football displayed by small teams..

good for larisa and u will see they will not get relegated...maybe kalamaria will...

totaly agreed... thts y i am saying tht myb sum teams who are finaly in the A ethniki deserve to be here... and tht footy may develop even more in our protathlima with teams like them...

Archived