Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: PAOK - Stade Rennais

Ziaka

On Wednesday PAOK plays French team Stade Rennais in their last game of this years UEFA Cup. PAOK lost all hope of qualifying to the next round of the competition, so this game is almost meaningless. The game is also meaningless to Rennais as well, since they can't qualify either. The only good thing that can come out of this game is for PAOK to win and help Greece in the UEFA pount coefficient standings.

Considering thet some of our main players are nursing injuries (Zagorakis, Hasiotis, Mieciel, etc), I expect Kostikos to field a team of mostly young players. This will be a good experience for the up and coming players.

I think it will be a good game, but unfortunately I see a very low turnout at Toumba, because of the string of bad results recently. The game will be available on Supersport 1 in Greece, and Alfa TV in Cyprus.

Vaggelis, Megahed, Hasiotis and Zagorakis will miss the game due to injuries. Interestingly Andralas, who has been rumored to be on the way out has been included in the squad for the game.

Here is the squad for the game:

Unfortunately, I'll be at work tomorrow during the day, but I hope we do well. It's time we got back on track. Two wins before the holidays (this game and Ofi) would be a great pyschological boost for the players, the coach, and the fans.

Go PAOK!!!!! :box:

what a pleasant little surprise like it matters or anything but PAOK will take the points and the moral boost. the only thing i got a beef with is Iliadis only playing half the game and in this meaningless game the youngsters should play the whole time to get the experience

Little too late

but nevertheless a great result

the only question is where were these type of performances these past months

Paok is like jekly and hyde

they show some games where there solid and could be competing for something and then other games where they stink

maybe they can use this game as a stepping stone

by the way how many fans attended the game ????

Bravo PAOK!!! Our first win in Europe in about two years.

3,000 fans is unacceptable and embarrassing, even if it was a meaningless game. It's our lowest attendence ever in a European competition. The fans need to show some more support than that.

Nevertheless, hopefully it is a good stepping stone for greater things to come :tup: .

Archived