Phantis Forums

looking back

bar7

we had a coach that nobody wanted because he was a jew,with a team that wasnt very good on paper

we win the double but didnt do very well in Europe, then we axe him

those days arent that far behind us, but we had much more to build off of that season than after we fired him... hhhmmmmm

Please, get real. It was never about racism, just pure incompetence. Like I said on an earlier post, PAO won one NOT because of Schum's genious but out of luck, crappiness of other teams, and brilliant INDIVIDUAL play at critical moments. I watched so many videos from that season, that made me sick how the team(?) was playing... in plain words, CRAP!

Schum was really bad, in how he insisted preferring bad players (like his loverboy Zuta), and yes Schum looked bad "on paper" because he was! And, he wasn't building any team for the future--not that anyone of late has...

PAO has some serious internal problem in the last 10 years. Unless they find what it is, PAO won't be a great team.

yes but at the end of the day we must look at the trophies not at the play!

i clearly remember pao playing superb football in the last 10-15 games of that season and he took every player to the max level. He had a shiity squad with epalle-raguel-zutautas-demba.

we did not play brilliant footbal with rocha either but he won tittles.

in a lot of the awy games in the cl we where standing infront of our own penalty area for 90% of the time.

Please, get real. It was never about racism, just pure incompetence. Like I said on an earlier post, PAO won one NOT because of Schum's genious but out of luck, crappiness of other teams, and brilliant INDIVIDUAL play at critical moments. I watched so many videos from that season, that made me sick how the team(?) was playing... in plain words, CRAP!

Schum was really bad, in how he insisted preferring bad players (like his loverboy Zuta), and yes Schum looked bad "on paper" because he was! And, he wasn't building any team for the future--not that anyone of late has...

PAO has some serious internal problem in the last 10 years. Unless they find what it is, PAO won't be a great team.

I hear some stuff like that and I become so pissed off !!!

Why do you all have to say that Schoum was not a good coach.

Why all of you think that we were lucky to win the title and all like coaches like Malessani at the same time.

Who the ###### is that Italian to praise him su damn much ?

-Shoum had to to win the title with 1 loos and a few draws with Osfp right next to him in the pionts table.

AND you say that the other teams sucked so bad !!!

How the hell can that happen ????

Unless you mean tha the only way to win the title is by winning every single game !!!!

GET REALL PEOPLE

Shoum had to face the fact that the team just lost 3 of the best players of the team:

Lyberopoulo, Karagouni, Kolka

plus had to play without inured Olisadebe.

plus he was pressed by the managment to stop using Hengrisen

Plus he had crapy signings !!!

You keep blaming him about Zuta while he was the only player he wanted to bring to the team and he was mostly injured...

What else do I have to add ???????????????????????

Scum was pathetic.

The only advantage that team had, over the current one, was that the players were not on a "RETIREMENT PLAN"...

Many of them were trying to get established and gave all their effort, which in most cases was barely good enough.

Please do not even mention Juan Ramon Rocha (Boublis...) in the same topic with Scum.

Rocha was a delight to watch as a player, and one of the best coaches PAO has had in the last 25 years of pro football.

Semifinal in '96 and playing TEAM football. The ball was constantly passed around, and the cohesion of the team was unparalleled.

Juan was unjustly fired, due to one bad result and CL elimination to Rosenborg...

Same as Markarian... :nono:

PEACE

^^^So do you call pathetic his record.

Double.

Not one loss in a derby.

Last time that happened was God knows when.

And a team that was the gost of the one that Marcaran was coaching (having so many important starters moved out of the team)

As for Rotsa you should get real

It is all about the fans idotic favoritisms.

Ivicha Osim made that team.

BUT

He made one mistake:

HE HARDLY EVER USED BORELI.

Rotsa form day 1 trusted Boreli and the team fially after having him for aready 2 years used him as a starter and we found an actual replacement to Saravako (defenantly not as good as " mitsara " but pretty ###### importand to help the team achive great results)

The summer before the Rosborg game. Vardinogianis having earned so much money form Europe went and bought NassIopoulo and Kola nad the last minute renewd Boreli's contract, who had already signed with Oviedo and we lost him by midseason (everybody was blaiming Boreli's incopetense after the 0-3 with Ajax and demanded form Vardinogiani to get someone better than him...imagine the stupidity)

So please look at the facts and do not favor anyone.

Malesani yes he won the Uefa

But do you know he led 2 teams to division B in Italy

Do you know that he was unemplyed for 2 years ?

Do you know that he never coached a team that was competing for the title ???

You might have a short memory, or do not like the passing game.

PAO has rarely played better than the Rocha years. :artist:

Of course having Warzycha, up front, Kalitzakis back, and Juan Jose Borelli in the middle among others, DID help... :tup:

So do you call pathetic his record.

SCUM is the worst coach PAO has had since Daniil... :LOL:

The record I count is the worst CL PAO to date, even worse than this year!

Only when he let the boys play at Ibrox we saw a great game. :tup:

Top that, with a shameful couple of games vs Auxaire :tdown:

PEACE

^^^I ALREADY TOLD YOU ABOUT ROTSA. WHAT ?? Are you saiyng that Osim din't like using Kalitzaki and Warzecha ??? :LOL:

PLUS: DID YOU JUST ASSUMED THAT I SAID THAT PAO PLAYED BETTER AFTER ROTSA ?

HE BUDDY SERIUSLY... HOW CAN YOU ASSUME THAT about me ??:

THERe IS NO PAO FAN THAT WOULD BELIVE THAT WE HAve PLAYED BETTER EVER SINCE ROTSA.

BUT IT IS NOT THE FACT THAT ROTSA WAS AN AWSOME COACH. THE FACT WAS THAT THAT TEAM WAS SO DAMN GREAT AND THE GREATEST I REMEBER BECAUSE IT WAS MADE OF A BUNCH OF GOOD PLAYERS THAT REALLY LIKED THE TEAM AND PLAYED FOR EACH OTHER. plus those players we made a team by Osim and were teamates for quite some time.

If it was Rotsa's work. Please tell me were else has he coached and did a great job ?

Nowhere ....

NEXT

ABOUT SCOUM PUT IN YOUR MIND THE FACT THAT THE MANAGMENT PRESSED HIM TO NOT SCREW UP WITH THE TITLE AND TOLD HIM NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE EUOPEAN RUN,

AGAINST AUCCERE HE WAS PRACTICLY TOLD NOT TO GO TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!

DID YOU FORGET THAT???

AND PLEASE ALREADY SCOUM HAS A BETTER RECORD THAN MALESSANI.

OR DO YOU HOPE THAT WE WILL TAKE THAT 3RD PLACE WITH OUR SHITTY ASS TEAM ???

WE'RE HOPELESS IN GERMANY DUDE.

Archived