Phantis Forums

New All-Time Top scorer in Greek top 4 divisions

jimstam

Michalis Klokidis of Asteras Tripolis is now the all-time Greek goal scorer for the 4 top divisions with 261 goals. He surpassed Thomas Mavros (formerly with AEK) and Antonis Antoniadis (formerly with PAO) when he converted a penalty in a 1-0 win at Apollon Athens in the Greek 3rd division game played November 27, 2005.

incredible feat but i think these ratings are very flawed....dont get me wrong, this is a very impressive important achievement, but he hasnt scored one goal in the top division...if vazeha or mavros had played in the lower divisions, im sure that this record would be unsurpassable....there is a reason why some players are lower division players, and some are higher....i rememeber reading a stat from a nation where the man who set the scoring record was a third division player who scored an average of 3 goals a game, against the awful teams and ending with some stat like 41 goals in the season, but when got transfered up two divisions to the top flight he could only manage scoring 5 goals during the whole season...just food for thought...

very impressive feat though..congratudlation to Klokidis even though i was hoping krystof would set the record!

Archived