Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS-UDINESE

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok...here it is... my prediction for the game....

PAO - Udinese.....

3 - 1

yes i somehow think that pao will score 3 goals...

but more importantly..everytime we think pao is down and out they always pull through and show us their europan class..

its happened more then once and will happen again tomorrow night....

FORZA PAO...

CL Preview: Panathinaikos-Udinese

11/22/2005 12:10:00 AM

Panathinaikos host Udinese at the Olympic Stadium of Athens in a decider for the second spot of group C, as both clubs are locked together on four points alongside Werder Bremen.

BACKGROUND

The winner will definitely get a big advantage in the race for which team will join Barcelona in the knockout stage of Champions League, hoping to capitalize on an expected victory for the Catalans against Werder. Judging from the first round triumph of Udinese, it seems like the Italians will have an easy job.

In the September fixture, Pana’s coach, Alberto Malesani, had to deal with the absences of Conceisao, Papadopoulos and Olisade, whose services always give boost to the Athenian club. Also, the Italian coach had then to overcome one of the worst starts to a season in Panathinaikos’ history, which included even a home-defeat in the derby against Olympiacos.

The Greeks now, though, seem to have found their rhythm as on Saturday they beat easily 3-0 Apollon Thessalonica. Of course they are still nursing their early elimination from the Greek Cup by the Second Division team Ergotelis and the heavy 5-0 defeat against Barcelona in the fourth matchday of the CL, even though some would say that as the Catalans stunned their arch-rivals Real Madrid, why not Panathinaikos too?

Meanwhile, Udinese are looking desperately for some good results too. On Saturday in Serie A they claimed their first win in five games against Messina by 1-0, but they know that the important game is this one against the Greek giants.

That can be apparent in the comments of Udinese’s scorer, the 21-year-old Brazilian defender Felipe after weekend’s game:

“I am really happy because this goal is important for the team. Messina played well defensively but we knew that set-pieces were likely to decide the match. The game against Panathinaikos is the really important one but this win will give us extra confidence.”

In their previous two games in Greece, Udinese were eliminated by PAOK Thessalonica and Panionios both times for the UEFA Cup. On the other hand the last time Pana faced an Italian club at home in 2001, they beat Juventus 3-1 for CL to finish second in the group and to secure a qualification for the next round.

TEAM NEWS

Panathinaikos: Loukas Vintra picked up a leg injury against Apollon and he is the only doubtful player for the Greek-side.

Udinese: The 25-year-old striker Iaquinta is doubtful after he was injured in Italy’s latest friendly against the Ivory Coast. Idinese’s coach, Serge Cosmi, though will be boosted by the return of Cesare Natali, Vidigal and Juarez, who recovered from injuries.

Referee: Graham Poll/ venue: Olympic Stadium of Athens/ 21:45 (local time).

PREDICTION

Maybe a narrow 1-0 win for Panthinaikos not only because they are the hosts but also because they want a win, which means almost qualification and as well as for revenge after their 3-0 defeat in the opening match-day.

Michael Paterakis

yes, Warzycha is right! Gonzo doesn't get the help he needs. Many times he plays way back, sometimes in order to get the ball, but he needs to play more forward. Flavio, still a big disappointment in my book--he's improved, but NO WAY he's earning his huge paycheck. Same with others who I see strolling on the pictch and not working hard enough.

I think we can beat Udi today, if we don't do something stupid like giving up a goal early. If we win then we can definitely play on in Europe.... though still I don't believe we've got a high-caliber team to do well there... maybe in UEFA.

Com'on PAO!

on a very cold night like this, i'll stay in cheering for PAO! actually to tell you the truth I just want a good and not boring game and since there's a greek team playing, go for the win!

A very cold night indeed and it's raining all day!!

Unfortunately,I'll watch the game from the TV because I couldn't find anyone to go with... :angry: :(

After the one against Kalamaria,this is the second time this season that I'm not going...

I hope we'll win!!Iacquinta is playing though....

But I believe that our supporters will help the team..if they are 20.000-30.000 it will be great!!

FORZA PANATHA!!!! :nw: :nw:

P.S.To akousa sto radio tis proalles.....Oi dimosiografoi pou eixan paei Italia sto prwto agwna me tin Udinese emenan sto idio ksenodoxeio me tin omada twn Italwn...Htan loipon o Kosmi kai eblepe ton agwna tou gabrou me ti Rozenborg kai se kathe goal panigirize san trelos...Enw itan 2-1 pige na parei to asanser kai apo ekei bgike enas filathlos tou Panathinaikou kai ton rwtaei o Kosmi:-"2-1?"-"Oxi,3-1"tou leei aytos,kai o Kosmi arxise na panigyrizei me to bazelo kai kollisan ta xeria!!!!(kolla to,pou leme?ayto!!) :LOL: :LOL:

Kapoios eixe paiksei stoixima mou fainetai!! :P

Seeing the line-ups Morris is playing right back and Leontiou left midfield.

Speaking of Leontiou, this year he has played only five minutes total in the Greek championship (with Akratitos) , but if he plays the entire game today he will complete 251 minutes in the UEFA Champions League :blink:

Good luck to Panathinaikos today

Archived