Phantis Forums

Friendly: GREECE - Hungary

Ziaka

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There;s a kid ToRCHING the Austrian league Panagiotopoulos with 9 goals, you cant teach goal socring give hime a shot

There is a website that talks about all the greek players playing outside of Greece. I lost the link, someone else must know it.

Friendly: Sifakis,Giourkas,Kyriakos, tavlaridis,Darlas, Karagounis,Katsouranis,Tziolis,Lagos, Stelios, Papadopoulos

Subs:Kotsolis, Vyntra,Alexopoulos,Moras, Stoltidis,Masmanidis, Fotakis, Salpigidis,Mantzios,Amanatidis,Samaras

Great site, have followed it for some time now. We should do our bit to give the guy the recognition he deserves for managing the site. In a recent note on his site he indicated that updates the site himself, at no charge to us readers, but is upset that certain members of the Greek media are stealing his work and not giving him the credit.

players i tihnk should be involved in the national team are:

samaras, salp, amanatidis, charisteas(i think should be comin in of beanch)

karagounis, gianakopoulos, kafes,katsouranis, zikos, zagorakis, basinas(bench)

setiaridis, taualridis,kyriacos,delas,fyssas,kapsis(movin on to the bench though)

i think some new age players should be mixed into the sqaud with our best vetrens to mold the team together.. theres no point getting rid of fyssas , gianakopoulos, karagounis,zagorakis(not for whole 90 min) of the starting 11 cause they perform really well for there clubs and national side and are very expetrienced...would spell disaster, they are the back bone untill all the younger players settle in.

the potential is there to have a better team than the one we had at euro2004 but only time will tell, having otto stay on means there is still work to be done...otherwise he would have left all ready

Looks like Otto will do the rebuilding in stages if he stays on as the NT coach.

I agree about Basinas. He should not have been called again until he finds a team and gets in form. I still don't understand why he keeps caling up Gekas. He has not shown anything with NT when he got chances. As for Antzas I think he deserves a chance as he has been playing good for Xanthi. Another call up I don't understand is Anatolakis. I'd rather have a young player get some experience instead of Anatolakis who has no future on the NT.

The interesting fact is that he left out Karagounis and Haristeas despite the fact that he inluded them earlier last week among the foreign based call ups.

Here are the players called for the game with Hungary and the team they play for:

Zagorakis, Salpiggidis (PAOK), Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Darlas, Gekas, Vyntra, Goumas (Panathinaikos), Lagos (Iraklis), Nikopolidis, Kafes, Anatolakis, Kapsis(Olympiakos), Lyberopoulos, Katsouranis (AEK), Kotsolis (Larisa), Antzas (Skoda Xanthi), Kyrgiakos (Glasgow Rangers), Fyssas (Hearts), Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Gianakopoulos (Bolton), Basinas (no team)

there is not 1 single gain or positive about having Nikopolidis play this game. Absolutely none. This is a friendly and its time for younger players to get the chance and mold the new generation. Otto should start it NOW not when he resigns because the sooner the better. Playing the old guys wont be of any benefit----even to the result which doesnt mean anything anyways! Why should players with no future be getting chances now! its too late!!!

-----------------------Kotsolis-------------

Darlas----Kirgiakos----Antzas/Gkoumas-----Seitaridis

Lagos------Katsouranis-------Zagorakis/Kafes------Stelios

------------Papadopoulos/Mantzios-------Lyberopoulos

Zagorakis, Salpiggidis (PAOK), Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Darlas, Gekas, Vyntra, Goumas (Panathinaikos), Lagos (Iraklis), Nikopolidis, Kafes, Anatolakis (Olympiakos), Lyberopoulos, Katsouranis (AEK), Kotsolis (Larisa), Antzas (Skoda Xanthi), Kyrgiakos (Glasgow Rangers), Fyssas (Hearts), Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Gianakopoulos (Bolton), Basinas (no team)

There U have it folks,No clue what so ever! Antza Anatolakis Lybe and Basinas( til he is on a Squad and in form has no place), why not put Machlas(at least he's producing) in also. I would have rather seen the names Tavlaridis, Alexopoulos, Tziolis Masmanidis,Samaras,Amanatidis.

What the hell,Otto has chosen his squad,I'm curious who gets the start,I hope the Euro 2004 farewell tour is over.

GK: Kotsolis

RB: Giourkas

CB:Kyriakos

CB: What the Hell has Otto done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(this spot screams Tavlaridis) Can Vyntra play here,How OLD is Antzas??

LB: Darlas

Midfield: stelios,Kafes,Katsouranis(Capt),Lagos

Strikers: Salpigidis,Papadopoulos

* This lineup has 3 leftfooters. Think about it we can use both sides of the field now!

How bout 3-3-4 add Mantzios and push Katsouranis back.

The central midfield has no offensive creativity, so I think we will all be complaining about our horrid Strikers,remember if they cant get any good service from the midfield they R toast.

Zagorakis, Salpiggidis (PAOK), Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Darlas, Gekas, Vyntra, Goumas (Panathinaikos), Lagos (Iraklis), Nikopolidis, Kafes, Anatolakis (Olympiakos), Lyberopoulos, Katsouranis (AEK), Kotsolis (Larisa), Antzas (Skoda Xanthi), Kyrgiakos (Glasgow Rangers), Fyssas (Hearts), Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Gianakopoulos (Bolton), Basinas (no team)

There U have it folks,No clue what so ever! Antza Anatolakis Lybe and Basinas( til he is on a Squad and in form has no place), why not put Machlas(at least he's producing) in also. I would have rather seen the names Tavlaridis, Alexopoulos, Tziolis Masmanidis,Samaras,Amanatidis.

What the hell,Otto has chosen his squad,I'm curious who gets the start,I hope the Euro 2004 farewell tour is over.

GK: Kotsolis

RB: Giourkas

CB:Kyriakos

CB: What the Hell has Otto done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(this spot screams Tavlaridis) Can Vyntra play here,How OLD is Antzas??

LB: Darlas

Midfield: stelios,Kafes,Katsouranis(Capt),Lagos

Strikers: Salpigidis,Papadopoulos

* This lineup has 3 leftfooters. Think about it we can use both sides of the field now!

How bout 3-3-4 add Mantzios and push Katsouranis back.

The central midfield has no offensive creativity, so I think we will all be complaining about our horrid Strikers,remember if they cant get any good service from the midfield they R toast.

lyberopoulos has been scoring a lot for aek this year.....

Masmanidis is not ethniki caliber at all.

lyberopoulos has been scoring a lot for aek this year.....

True, but for the NT he has not done much except for the game winner in Kazakhstan. In the most important game for the NT in Denmark he was non-existant. Having said that though I believe he deserves a spot before Gekas and Papadopoulos.

From the aforementioned squad my changes:

Drop: Anatolakis, Gekas, Basinas,

Add: Lakis, Tavlaridis, Dellas, Amanatidis, Alexopolous

Nikopolidis should start for the first 45, then let Kotsolis play the 2nd half.

Defensively, Darlas. Kyraigos and Goumas, (I wouldn't trust Antzas yet), and Seiteridis.

Midfield should have zagorakis, kafes, and katsouranis.

At attack, Lymbe, Mantzios, and Pap would make a good starting 11 IMO in a 4-3-3.

Your thoughts...???

About time he called up antzas, definately deserves more respect than he is getting. Machlas is a great player, but he hasn't done anything special,he bagged a few goals but lucky ones... the one against Olympiakos was laughable. Lybe should be pulled back to be an attacking mid, in the striker position he is too limited to his true potential. Darlas and Lagos can't say much on, haven't seen them play.

Good to see Mantsios, Lagos and Darlas

Why bother with Machlas - he has no future here - Lybe is probably the better wily veteran anyway - the guy who fills the role that Vryzas had

I am pretty sure that Antzas had played for Otto before - but what the heck did Tavlaridis do in Germany in the Confed Cup to get pushed so far down the list - the guy meets three important Otto criteria - plays in a strong international league, plays in big game (CL) and is young (ok that is mor my criterea than Otto's)

Just a thought - do you think that Otto tends to fill the last few spots on the roster with veterans (Anatolakis, Goumas, Gekas, Kafes) so that he doesn't mess around with the egos of some younger players - where the sit at the end of the bench or don't get called up every game? Just a thought.

Also is Kotsolis the Gk of the future or Sifakis?

From the aforementioned squad my changes:

Drop: Anatolakis, Gekas, Basinas,

Add: Lakis, Tavlaridis, Dellas, Amanatidis, Alexopolous

Defensively, Darlas. Kyraigos and Goumas, (I wouldn't trust Antzas yet), and Seiteridis.

At attack, Lymbe, Mantzios, and Pap would make a good starting 11 IMO in a 4-3-3.

Your thoughts...???

I'm so disappointed Otto didn't call up Stoltidis, how could he? :angry:

Sifakis what from what I've seen (PAO game) and heard is been very bad this year. Kotsolis on the other hand is having a good year. Both are young and are bound to play at some point in the future. Obviously Kotsolis should get the nod right now over Sifakis.

i agree........sifakis has been quite mediocre and of highlights ive seen kotsolis looks pretty good.....also from his PAO matches we knew hed be reliable one day..

there is not one possible benefit or reason of Nikopolidis playing at all in this game.

Your thoughts...???

My thoughts.....where is STELIOS, get lybe on the bench, his only good match was 1 vs an omada kafenio, his one chance to shine he disappeared vs the Danes. He is a nice option off the bench. My Machlas comment was drenched in sarcasm due to Basinas and Anatolakis additions. Your midfield lacks that "LeftFooted" player we need one just to pose some kind of threat from that side of the field..Zagorakis can start since the game is in Athens for 30min then get Lagos in there. I believe Salpigidis/Mantzios/Paps deserves amajor shot ala CharisteasVryzas, let see if they can go thru a golaess drought ala world cup campaign.

Why cant Otto pull a Belgium, in that friendly they must have had 5-7 players U-22!! Goergia dressed virtually the entire U-21 team. Cant see if there any good if U dont play them!

Why did we only schedule 1 friendly...after the qualifications this team should be on the field as often as possible.

Archived