Phantis Forums

Reserve team football?

ukchris

Quick question for you, which I've been trying to find out the answer to online but with no success...

I'm writing a piece for a UK football magazine about Reserve Team football - which is a long established part of the game here in England. All professional sides have a reserves side, which often plays at a smaller stadium (Arsenal Reserves play at Barnet, Chelsea Reserves play at Aldershot, Man Utd Reserves play at Wrexham etc). These days, with the quality of squads so high, there will often by several internationals in the reserve team. And they can get quite big crowds, there were 2,600 at Arsenal Reserves v Chelsea Reserves the other night.

I just wanted to know how it works in Greece? Do all the clubs have a reserves team? Do you have an organised reserves league? Do they play in the usual home stadium or a smaller one? Do fans go to see the matches?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Ah, so if a player is coming back from injury, but he's over the age of 21, there's no way for him to get back to match fitness other than playing for the first team itself?

The English reserves league mainly has U21 players, but older players are allowed to play.

Do fans go to watch the U21 teams?

no many times they play at clubs main training ground wich alot of times hold atleast 1 stand for spectators.

i know that pao had some 10000 spectators againts olympiakos 2 years ago!

also pao played the derbies at leoforos the past years until this season.

Archived