Phantis Forums

Kafes

thrylos

I nominate Panteli as next captain, and he must get a starting spot in the national team without a doubt. What a player, and he will be the one to lead us to defend our Euro title in 2008. Europe watch out, and Kokkali don't go out and do some m alakia and sell him to some European big-wig. Kokkali is prone to pulling off some m alakies as we have seen year after year, and this year is no exception. Obviously the man knows nothing about football, so he might go and dissapoint Gavroi once again by selling off Panteli.

Kafes is the man.... top player and im worried y greece dont have this player in the starting line up....... anyway i vote him for next captain... he is a born leader and is just class... for me one of the best greek players right now.... yeh if kokkali does sumthin stupid like tht i dnt knw wht he would be thinking? kafes is worth every euro he pays him.... anyway kokkali is kokkali and if tsoukala tells him or thyra 7 tells him theydnt like him hes done.... just like the way everything else works round thrylos lately....

did any of u 3 see both the Real and Lyon game

i mean the only impressive thing Kafes did in those 2 games was score a goal

i mean if he keeps that up yeah off course but teams will now not allow him to shoot it anymore

Kafes struggles to carry the load of the midfield

our best player in these 2 games have been toure

he creates us alot of opportunities

i mean Kafes as an offensive midfielder isn't working for us

to mee he is a defensive midfielder and the reason why he wasn't starting on the national team is b/c he just recently became a starter on Olympiakos

he was a starter when the season started or when we played Rosenborg

i do believe his contract is coming this season i would like for him to remain on th team but he must be in a defensive midfielders role and coming up from time to time to take shots like he did v Real and Lyon

Kafes would thrive if he had a better midfielders in front of him but he can't be the star player he just isn't that time he is a role player

now i can see why some of u are saying this b/c of his 2 goals and Djole is clearly declining before our eyes and i can see him out of the starting 11

hard for me to say that but the time will come its only a matter of time

so somebody needs to take that Captain arm band i see Stoltidis taking it cause he is a bit older and he has been big in big games for us as well but he was pretty quiet today

Oly 11, I agree w/your assessment of Kafes. He doies one thing that others don't and that is take the long shot. Other than that he, is a player that needs to pass it to someone open becuase he does not help create space for the receiving player or have the creativity to give it to anyone other than the most obvious choice. This all to often leads to opposing players intercepting the ball as they see the play as do we from the tv.

Guys c'mon he's not that young(27?)It's not like he's just out of the academy or something...I don't think he'll improve that much

listen Kafes is a solid player and again i don't mind giving in the arm band eventually b/c the captain of the team isn't necessarily the best on the team but the most vocal and his 2 goals were examples of that

but don't make him out to be something he isn't

he can't handle a midfield i mean don't put the guy in a position where he won't win

if Olympiakos produces a solid team with threats all over he would be a very important player

Kafes is a role player

endaksi re paidia, Kafes is not in the Beckham class as a midfielder.

(and to all those that wanna start a whole new topic about how Beckham is all image etc etc - then keep it to yourselves as I don't want the arguments.

One only needs to watch how he was the driving force for Real to get back into the match against Rosenborg. He clearly made 2 and scored a cracking free kick. Where has Djole or Ribo been the last few months?

He can certainly be questioned about his tacky fashion sense, his choice of women and his lack of any real civility. Also the fact he can't string more than 10 words together in any language, but as a creative and energetic midfielder he is second to very few. I'd have him on my dream Olympiakos any day! I'd have him before any Olympiakos player past or present!)

However, back to the matter at hand - Kafes is greatly underappreciated. He is a far more effective player when he is given some responsibility. The captaincy, in my opinion would add to his game.

Djole should be given some time with out the responsibility of captain to find some form and Kafes as a defensive mf with the odd attacking attribute should be given the duties.

Okay, he isn't that young and he is almost at his peak, I say it is the prefect time for him to step up.

Beats handing the captaincy to hacks like anatolakis. FU<K I can't stand how lame this loser is. Why on earth was his contact renewed!?!?!?!

Fair enough...Although i believe that Djole will be captain until he retires(honorary title,does not mean that he'll be up to it)and Ribo will most propably leave the team this summer anyway.Surely Kafes could give some solutions in the midfield

Guest Protathlitis

Stoltidis should be captain. dont we remember how pathetic Kafes was for the second half of last season

I wish we had an up and coming Greek youngster to be captain in his mid 20s. but we dont

Archived