Phantis Forums

GR Sports on TV - Sat/Sun (24/25-SEP-05)

Here are the scheduled sports broadcasts of interest to omogeni in Europe, North America and Australia:

Saturday, September 24, 2005

17:00 GR: Div. 1: Olympiakos - Akratitos - Live - Antenna Satellite, Odyssey 1, Antenna Pacific

19:00 GR: EuroBasket 2005: GREECE - France - Live - ERT-Sat, Odyssey 2, NBA TV, Raptors TV

20:00 GR: Div. 1: Panathinaikos - Panionios - Live - ERT-Sat, Odyssey 2 - See note

Sunday, September 25, 2005

00:30 GR: Euro Basketoupoli - ERT-Sat

19:00 GR: EuroBasket 2005: 3rd Place Game - Live - ERT-Sat, Odyssey 2, NBA TV, Raptors TV (Depending on Greece - France result)

22:00 GR: EuroBasket 2005: Final - Live - ERT-Sat, Odyssey 2, NBA TV, Raptors TV (Depending on Greece - France result)

23:30 GR: Athlitiki Kyriaki - Live - ERT-Sat

NOTE: The Panathinaikos - Panionios game is not confirmed. ERT-Sat will most likely decide to pre-empt this game, so they can show the EuroBasket game between Greece and France in its entirety.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time conversion table

00:30 GR = 21:30 GMT (previous day) = 16:30 CDT (previous day) = 07:30 AEST

17:00 GR = 14:00 GMT = 09:00 CDT = 24:00 AEST

19:00 GR = 16:00 GMT = 11:00 CDT = 02:00 AEST (next day)

20:00 GR = 17:00 GMT = 12:00 CDT = 03:00 AEST (next day)

22:00 GR = 19:00 GMT = 14:00 CDT = 05:00 AEST (next day)

23:30 GR = 20:30 GMT = 15:30 CDT = 06:30 AEST (next day)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more details and times in your area on the soccer games check the TV Schedules page:

TV Schedules

Ziaka,

Is it not possible to give us the schedule in North Ameican Time?? Your conversion chart is confusing, I don't get it?

GRE- FRA game is scheduled for 19:00 local time in Greece, so that would be 12 Noon local time on the East coast (EDT) if you factor in the time zone difference.

Your chart says:

19:00 GR = 16:00 GMT = 11:00 CDT = 02:00 AEST (next day), what is AEST?? :blink: Maybe I don't know how to convert but I don't get this. Just give the time locally for N. America and be done with it.

Just a suggestion.

AEST I beleive is Australian Time

CDT is Central time in the U.S. and Canada so if you just add 1 hour to that you get Eastern time (EDT) WHICH IS THE TIME FOR NY, MTL & T.O.

Example 11:00 CDT = 12:00 EDT

Ziaka is from Chicago & probably has an inferiority complex to New York so he tries to screw up all us east coasters by posting Central time for N America :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Ziaka for the detailed schedule.

Bravo ERT. Keep up the good work!

As for N. American Times: There are 5 of them:

Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific.

Because N. York is in Eastern time, people tend to think

that this is THE time and we are done with it.

However, this is not the case.

Here is a chart that may be useful.

(Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_U..._Universal_Time )

Converting Universal Time to Standard (Winter) Local Times

Pacific Standard Time UTC -8

Mountain Standard Time UTC -7

Central Standard Time UTC -6

Eastern Standard Time UTC -5

Atlantic Standard Time UTC -4

Greenwich Mean Time/Western European Time UTC

Central European Time UTC +1

Eastern European Time UTC +2

Moscow Time UTC +3

Indian Standard Time UTC +5:30

Singapore Standard Time, Hong Kong Time,

Australian Western Standard Time,

Chinese Standard Time UTC +8

Japan Standard Time, Korea Standard Time UTC +9

Australian Central Standard Time UTC +9:30

Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC +10

New Zealand Standard Time UTC +12

You need to watch for summer time (daylight saving time)

which normally is as above plus 1 (+1), but some places

have different dates they change time and some other places

do not change at all.

Ziaka is from Chicago & probably has an inferiority complex to New York so he tries to screw up all us east coasters by posting Central time for N America :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bingo!!! We don't hate New Yorkers, we just think they weird. :LOL: The latest news here in Chicago is that the old time Marshall Fields department store, a long time Chicago landmark will be changing its name to Macy's thanks to the new owners. The owners of Macy's don't know what they are getting into.

Anyway I use Central Time because it's right in the middle of both coasts. Don't want to piss off the people on the west coast you know. :LOL:

Yes, AEST is Australian Eastern Standard Time.

All right to make it easier for you, next time I will include Eastern time as well.

Sorry guys,

I forgot that these schedules also apply to Austalia and not just N. America?!

I thought Eastern time is the default, after all this is where it all happens- Financial hub of the continent is on the east coast, majority of the population is in the east (at least it is in Canada- Ontario and Quebec are the two most populated provinces in the country). Didn't think that's my problem. :P

In the immortal words of Curly from the 3 stooges:

"I try to think and nothing happens" :D :LOL:

:gr:

Archived