Phantis Forums

GRE - FRA SEMI-FINAL

Unbelievable!!!!! We were down by 7 points with only 50 seconds left, and were showing no signs of making a comeback. In fact, the French were actually pulling away from us. The French absolutely self-destructed. And the three-pointer at the end - incredible. No other way to describe it. Tomorrow we go for the title against the winner of Germany - Spain.

Pame Elladara. Na to sikosoume ksana!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had almost lost faith when we were 7-8 points behind...but somehow, like Zisis said I had the feeling that we will win!!

BRAVO PAIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nw:

I rewatched the last two minutes of the game. The amazing thing is that we were down 58 - 51 with only 1:12 left to play. We scored 16 points in the final 1:12! Think about that for a moment - 16 points in the final 1:12. That is absolutely amazing. We were still down 7 with only 47 seconds left (62 - 55), yet we responded with a 12-4 run to end the game. Unbelievable. Incredible. How else cn you describe it? And then that beautiful 3-pointer by Diamantidis. By far one of the most amazing comebacks I have ever witnessed - a shame for anyone who missed it.

In case you did miss it (those in the US anyway) NBA TV will be reshowing the game at 8:00 eastern; they will also rebroadcast the Spain - Germany game immediately following.

Gold medal match tips off tomorrow at 3:00 eastern (U.S.).

Congrats to the boys! They made us proud.

I see they've re-assembled the bandwagon again! Way to go!

yeah the glory hunting bandwagon lol BUT... we are not used to our ETHNIKI giving us so many happy times so twice in 2 years brings everyone together. Let's hope we do as well in the World Cup, as long as we get a medal we can say we are a world class team and not a firework!

ELLLLAAAAADDDDDAAAAARRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived