Phantis Forums

Hr8e h eukaria

Original Melbourne 21

Plain and simple......we have played the worst soccer in the last 2 months or so. Look at the standings today and it says AEK are 5 pts behind the kotes and 7 behind the scum.....heres the deal:

- In the next 3 weeks, PAO play OSFP (A), PAOK(H);

- In the next 3 weeks, OSFP play PAO (H), Ira (a);

Hr8e to anoigma pou perimename. We got an important win over PAOK and now we must look at capatalizing on this. Those 4 matches above will see someone drop some points. Its important now for us that we take this opportunity with every single hand and we peg back the difference to a chasable total.

Big big opportunity fellas........lets strap on and see how we go.

I agree OM21, this is our chance... especially since our program (not just for the next 3 weeks) is "easier" than Oly and PAO.

Also, as a side note, remember something else...

A win in Holland, and then a win Athens with Monaco and maybe a tie in spain may be a surprise for most of us.

The use of younger and new guys in the starting 11 lit a fire under their butts... maybe that will domino and get the older, "usual" players to motivate them and get their mindset on winning.

Otherwise, get rid of them at winter break.

I am tending to disagree with you here. I dont think we are a sniff for CL, the only thing we can do in CL is take a step and get our first win. It will be a huge confidence booster.

Keep in mind we only have beaten PAOK and that is only 1 win. Unless we back it up with consecutive victories we are back to where we are.

But as I said........here is an opening. Lets not make the same mistake twice.

In any case the youngster should remain in the team...... this is the future...... they give a certain competion and pressure... to the old ones... .. which will make that they will show 1) more physical presence.... 2) and being more disciplined on the pitch...

In CL only the 3rd place is realistic.....and even with a draw..in Holland the chances are still here...till the end ...

I dont think we are a sniff for CL, the only thing we can do in CL is take a step and get our first win. It will be a huge confidence booster.

Keep in mind we only have beaten PAOK and that is only 1 win. Unless we back it up with consecutive victories we are back to where we are.

I agree that this is only one win. But remember, this is soccer. A game where ANYTHING can happen.

The reason why I think this win was more positive than any other win was because we played with most of our defensive players hurt or out. And we also played with a totally new line up of younger players that WANT to play and excel. And we won with them. Now these new guys have confidence.

As nightsurfer said, now the older "regulars" see that they have legitimate competition and have to either perform or be ousted...

Obviously this is all speculation, but realistically we were a much better team than we were showing and that had alot to do with the players not really trying. On my team, we had a saying:

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesnt work hard.

My opinion, is that if the REAL AEK showed up during many of the previous games and I would stress the CL games, the results would have been different. Not saying we would have won all, but I think we would be sitting alot differently now...

Archived