Phantis Forums

THE RESULT

thrylos

"Mechanical stimuli batman..."

What ever happened in this game? I thought that there was a great chance that Olympiakos got a victory. I didn't see it. Thoughts or observations on what happened?

Now for Olympiakos to advance, they need to win both at home and one away. OUCH!

What ever happened in this game? I thought that there was a great chance that Olympiakos got a victory. I didn't see it. Thoughts or observations on what happened?

Now for Olympiakos to advance, they need to win both at home and one away. OUCH!

i didn't see the game

all from wut i am getting from reports is that the turning point of the match

was when Olympiakos was up 1-0

they just stayed back for some apparent reason

that was constant by every report

Sollied and the club have alot to answer too

everybody just think about wut just happenned today

we not only lost our C.L. Hopes but our Uefa cup as well

we will be even lucky if we get a win at home in this years C.L. campaign

we have basically destroyed the aura of Olympiakos at home

we are also depended upon to win in Rosenborg

we have a better chance of beating Real and lyon at home then to beat Rosenborg away

lol

but as bad as things are today the bright spot here is maybe just maybe management can change its retarded and pitiful ways of getting players

we need to swing into the youth movement Pao is ahead of us by a year so lets get it started

our best two players today was a couple of young players Toure and Babaginda i wonder why ?

make the changes necessary or we will never do anything in Europe again

What ever happened in this game?  I thought that there was a great chance that Olympiakos got a victory.  I didn't see it.  Thoughts or observations on what happened?

Now for Olympiakos to advance, they need to win both at home and one away.  OUCH!

I didn't see it either. All I saw were the goals.

However I believe--to borrow an IT expression--that it was a CLUSTER FU<K.

auta.

So sad last night EVERYTHING went wrong from our playing to coaching to even putting it in our own net!!!!! It must have been real hard for the fans to watch.......but for some reason something tells me that we will bounce back real strong in this campaign this was a wake up call for everyone in this team and staff I believe in this coach i think if anyone is to bring us back it will be Sollied, as we all saw last night there is no small teams look at Real they got rocked in France and liverpool barely held...I hope for the sake of greek football that PAO shows their teeth against Udineze....all we need is another loss :tdown:

u can also question why Sollied didn't make his subs early enough

all 3 subs he made came during and after the 80th min

remember last year how we used to kill Bajevic for poor subings

lets not give Sollied any exemptions here

i have a question

if some how Greek teams do really bad this year

will we lose another c.l. spot or do we have enough points to sustain maybe one more year ??

Guest Protathlitis

From what im reading on the Greek sites the coefficients are dangerously low and we are in real danger of losing spots to portuguese and all the rest

I think this means that we have to support the teams from Spain, Italy, England (because they are allowed no more spots) in absolutley every match

everytime a portuguese team wins or a team not from the big 3 leagues it is bad for us

I cant bring myself to support pao even though what the coefficients need is good performances from both teams and if possible a prokrisi to the group stage

What this means is that I am supporting all English, Spanish, Italian teams in everygame as well of course OSFP and every team except Pao and Aek. Mpaok will get embarresed anyway so theres no need to root against them

what do you guys think which (if any) Greek teams apart from your own do you wish to see do well?

belgian is behind us but the best thing is for all teams other than spanish, italian and english to do s%$#!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficients

Current ranking

As of May 25, 2005, following the UEFA Champions League final.

Rank League Coeff.

1 Spain 73.717

2 England 63.224

3 Italy 61.186

4 France 49.469

5 Germany 48.989

6 Portugal 44.666

7 Netherlands 39.831

8 Greece 35.498

9 Belgium 31.750

10 Scotland 31.750

11 Turkey 29.916

12 Czech Republic 27.950

13 Russia 25.666

14 Austria 24.875

15 Ukraine 24.850

16 Israel 21.874

17 Serbia and Montenegro 21.249

18 Poland 21.000

19 Switzerland 20.875

20 Norway 20.200

21 Bulgaria 18.540

22 Croatia 18.125

23 Denmark 17.200

24 Hungary 16.331

25 Romania 15.457

26 Sweden 15.383

27 Slovakia 11.665

28 Slovenia 9.665

29 Cyprus 8.165

30 Bosnia and Herzegovina 7.165

31 Latvia 6.664

32 Finland 6.540

33 Moldova 6.332

34 Georgia 6.165

35 Lithuania 5.332

36 Iceland 4.832

37 Macedonia 4.497

38 Republic of Ireland 4.164

39 Belarus 4.082

40 Liechtenstein 4.000

41 Armenia 2.998

42 Malta 2.998

43 Albania 2.665

44 Estonia 2.498

45 Northern Ireland 2.165

46 Wales 1.832

47 Luxembourg 1.665

48 Azerbaijan 1.332

49 Faroe Islands 0.999

50 Kazakhstan 0.666

51 San Marino 0.000

52 Andorra 0.000

i saw the game, and our team played extremely well. it was a situation of everything that could go wrong did. toure was phenominal and babangida is an offensive force. the 2nd goal rosen scored was 1 in a million. if only we had spent some money to buy a tall young defender that could be trusted in the back. this team is a strong tema and will at least finish 3rd. i like sollied and i liked the team a lot. we were overlly confident a bit but thats vbetter than oly of old, where we would tremble at any hint of pressure.

i saw the game, and our team played extremely well. it was a situation of everything that could go wrong did. toure was phenominal and babangida is an offensive force. the 2nd goal rosen scored was 1 in a million. if only we had spent some money to buy a tall young defender that could be trusted in the back. this team is a strong tema and will at least finish 3rd. i like sollied and i liked the team a lot. we were overlly confident a bit but thats vbetter than oly of old, where we would tremble at any hint of pressure.

listen your right about the team playing strong

but the result was the same as usually except this time we lost at home

why didn't things go bad for Rosenborg ?

i mean at least they played with there hearts

they gutted it out for the win

our team lacks heart

Guest Protathlitis

the turkish team performed even more disgracefully than ours in CL and UEFA with Besiktas and Gala losing to teams of never heard of

turkish league is about the only one we dont have to look out for by the looks of it

u can also question why Sollied didn't make his subs early enough

all 3 subs he made came during and after the 80th min

I don't know, but when some norwegian trainers feel that the teams problem is that they are too stressed to play well, they try not to warm up substitutes in order to not increase the stress level. I guess that was on sollieds mind.

The alternative would have been substituting around 60 minutes, I guess, that would have changed the play between 60 and 80 minutes. But as I remember you dominated the game completely in that period.

Luck is a part of football. You made more changes against us than any other team I can remember this year, you must see the difference between bad play and bad result.

the turkish team performed even more disgracefully than ours in CL and UEFA with Besiktas and Gala losing to teams of never heard of

turkish league is about the only one we dont have to look out for by the looks of it

That would be Malmö, who I believe won the entire UEFA-cup somewhere in the eightees, and Tromsö, who beat Chelsea last time they were as lucky with the weather conditions.

That would be Malmö, who I believe won the entire UEFA-cup somewhere in the eightees, and Tromsö, who beat Chelsea last time they were as lucky with the weather conditions.

Getteborg won 2 UEFA's in the mid-eighties.

Malmo got the the old Champions Cup final in 1980 and lost to Notts. Forest.

You might be right, but the Turkish league still attracts decent talent. They have a greater pulling power than the Hellenic championship.

I was watching ERT-SAT tonight and they showed highlights from Turkey and they had players like Nicolas Anelka, Stephen Appiah and Kleberson and managers like Del Bosque and Christoph Daum and in the past they had players like John Carew in their league.

Whereas PAO got a Turkish league reject like Conseiscao.

I am not promoting their league however as they too have their fair share of rubbish players like Rustu and Hakan Sukur.

However it appears that both countries have fan rivalries that leads to crowd trouble.

This is a disgrace.

I can't speak for the Turks, but as a Greek we diminish ourselves when we carry on like the English of 2 decades ago. They at least had the courage to change.

Guest Protathlitis

Akritis there is ONE reason and ONE reason only for player like ANelka going there. its not the pulling power because the turk league has an even worse reputation than us; look at there coefficient

that one reason is that there are a few billionare turks who spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and get very little in return

Akritis there is ONE reason and ONE reason only for player like ANelka going there. its not the pulling power because the turk league has an even worse reputation than us; look at there coefficient

that one reason is that there are a few billionare turks who spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and get very little in return

i know Fenerbache spent good money this year but doesn't look like they will make it out of the group stage

fact is Turkey spends and we don't

if Olympiakos spends its just for a washed up name

Guest Protathlitis

trabzonspor has an 80-millipn euro budget and got knocked out by Ano with a 3 million budget

we just have to be very grateful that even with all their spending the turks are still crap

Well that might be the case. The Vardinogiannides and Kokkalides are also billionaires but I don't see the same calibre of players playing for their clubs.

Dragutinovich, instead of Dani ;) ?

Guest Protathlitis

Well that might be the case. The Vardinogiannides and Kokkalides are also billionaires but I don't see the same calibre of players playing for their clubs.
erm yes but the thing is that they DONT spend their money. If u think the Turk league has some kind of pulling power apart from rich Turks wasting tens of millions then your wrong bro

Archived