Phantis Forums

Platini lecturing Greek National Team

Exocet

Did anyone hear about Michel Platini lecturing the Greek National Team on the return flight from Kazakhstan?

My friend told me that he heard on the Greek News that on the flight Platini stood and up and basically told the Greek National Team that they should be embarassed of their performance with Kazakhstan and during their other WC qualifying matches. After barely beating Kazakhstan they are not playing like Euro champions.

Hopefully, this lecture from Platini will wake up the team. They should be embarrassed.

Platini hates the Greek NT... it's my theory. He never once said anything good about Greece during euro 2004 and praised portugal and czech rep. He even said they were the best 2 teams and one or the other should have won. He should go up the French Nt and tell them to wake up, while he's at he should go to England and tell them off. The team shouldn't be embarrased, had we losted he had have reason to say something. But we won and we deserved it, no questions.

Guest Protathlitis

pffft ###### off platini paliop*****.....still ctrying about Charisteas' 1-0

we dont need some french clown to tell us we are not playing like we were at euro

Otto needs to wake up and using ridiculous formations etc, we need players to stop getting injured. these players should never be embarressed they are Gods and always will be. our s%$#! qualifying campaign has nothign to do with a lack of heart

Did anyone hear about Michel Platini lecturing the Greek National Team on the return flight from Kazakhstan?

My friend told me that he heard on the Greek News that on the flight Platini stood and up and basically told the Greek National Team that they should be embarassed of their performance with Kazakhstan and during their other WC qualifying matches. After barely beating Kazakhstan they are not playing like Euro champions.

Hopefully, this lecture from Platini will wake up the team. They should be embarrassed.

This is truely sad. We don't need some corrupt has-been lecturing us.

1st off, we should already know that we have been atrocious for a good 8 matches now.

2nd, if we can play to our true potential and Otto can start selecting players outside of the "Aghio Euro kiklo" then we can stick it up Platini's k0l0.

Have the players caught on to the fact that we are being so heavily criticised around the world? This should snap them out of their recent mallaise.

Avte pe paidia, ksipnisetai!

On the other hand we can take it as a bit of advice from a soccer legend re paidia. I mean lets give some respect to one of the greatest number 10 of all time. Give some respect to the guy because he was a great player, and was voted by World Soccer as the sixth or seventh best of all time. The Ethniki needed something like this and hopefully we will take it , and smarten up against Denmark. A thank to monsieur Platini is inevitable, so thank you.

It's very simple: if we win the last two matches, then we're in the playoffs. All else will be forgotten.... The goal is not to be perfect for every match in every tournament. The goal is to win the tournament....

As for Plantini, it's also simple: we should be very proud and happy that expectations for us AROUND THE WORLD have risen to the point where a soccer legend is getting upset at our mediocre performance for 89 minutes of a world cup qualifier. Is there any doubt that we have become the European ambassadors of footbal to the world -- and that it absolutely kills this frog!!

Yasas!

Guest Protathlitis

It's very simple: if we win the last two matches, then we're in the playoffs. All else will be forgotten.... The goal is not to be perfect for every match in every tournament. The goal is to win the tournament....

As for Plantini, it's also simple: we should be very proud and happy that expectations for us AROUND THE WORLD have risen to the point where a soccer legend is getting upset at our mediocre performance for 89 minutes of a world cup qualifier. Is there any doubt that we have become the European ambassadors of footbal to the world -- and that it absolutely kills this frog!!

Yasas!

hes not doing it because hes upset for us

didnt you hear how he said either portugal or czechs should have won euro even though we beat them in three different games??

did you see him when we beat france? the guy was crying

why does this frog deserve to be on the same plane as the current european champions :P fuk off paliopoust.i platini

Exactly file AEK66. A little constuctive criticism from one of football greats should be met with some respect. Many in here seem to have no clue and are telling Platini to blow goats, and other m alakies. We should take his criticism for the best and maybe , just maybe we will wake up against Denmark. The mentality in this forum is so close minded and disrespectful it makes me wonder what ever happened to the sevasmos we Greeks are so known for. Wake up some in here, and like AEK66 has said, na vgalete tis foustaneles sas, and speak with some sense when you post.

I'm surprised they didn't throw him out the airlock; guys like Platini and Pele have to be given their props, but there's a time and a place for lecturing, and I'm sure after that game they really didn't need that lecturing. When France lost to Senegal four years ago, was Machlas on their plane telling them na g*****ite? I know they felt bad.

A lot of these old-timers think they've got a stranglehold on the game as it should always be played, and maybe they're right. But it really isn't his place to stand up and say anything, and if anybody's gonna do the yelling, it should be our NT's management, and nobody else.

Guest Protathlitis

I have no problem with constructive criticism

I think our media should be more critical of Rehaggle even

but i know exactly why platini did it. and if you think its because he cared about the NT then your a fool. his previous comments and the look on his face when we sent france home says it all

how true is thiss? if he did say it he is right but should keep his mouth shut, how can he say that to a bunch of strangers..i hope someone told him off......as for those that want to thank him and say we cant take critisism, your all crazy...did he say to zidane and the crew they should be ashamed when we beat them? as for critism, yes we can critisize them because we love them....but he cant....its like i can call my sister a bitch, but if someone else does their dead...know what i mean....he should be smarter than that , and i hope france misses the world cup, henry is injured as of know , i hope he is for a few more months...................................

what's the problem? (if this story is true) at least platini cared enough to say something. if platini didn't give a rat's k0lo about greece, he wouldn't have said anything.

some of the people in here must wear foustanelles when they post. no one can criticize the greek n.t.? we do it all the time.

ancient greek civilization was what it was because the ancient greeks analysed, criticized and finally, perfected what they wished to do.

seems like a many 'modern' greeks feel personally attacked if anything greek is criticized. and most of these people don't even live in greece. the diaspora to the rescue...

'it's never our fault', 'the world is against us greeks' and 'an anti-greek conspiracy did us in'. mboupdes.

You make some good points and I know that there are people on these forums who take it personally when anyone expresses personal opinions, be it negative or constructive towards the NT.

I am one of the harshest critics of us as Greeks when it deserves criticism. I don't blindly support whatever the Greek nation and it's people do like some rabid and chauvinist patriot.

Go and read some of my previous posts where I criticise some of the value systems of our modern Greece and it's people.

I have expressed my disgust so strongly that I even have a warn level rating due to this fact. (when is this going to removed, I feel victimised :P )

Over the last year, people have been defending the indefensible when it involves the ethniki in relation to their performances. They have used excuses like we are tired, we are a small country, we don't have the infrastructure, we don't have talent or depth, other nations are jealous of us etc etc etc.

I for one have never resorted to petty and lame excuses. We are a pale imitation of what I expected us to be as Euro champions.

We should not need others telling us in condenscending tones that we need to lift our game. I have been calling for this for some time.

Over the last year, people have been defending the indefensible when it involves the ethniki in relation to their performances. They have used excuses like we are tired, we are a small country, we don't have the infrastructure, we don't have talent or depth, other nations are jealous of us etc etc etc.

actually we don't really have an infrastructure or even if we might we lack the educated people to run them.

and anyways this platini issue coming from greek media, i would begin to doubt if it's even true.

Protathlitis,

If you can be true to your self than you should realize that Platini knows something when he stated that Czechs or Portugal should have won Euro. Footballing wise they are very talented nations and sorry to say better than our Ethniki. We won Euro by playing ninety minutes of defense and nothing else except heart, and its true that no one can deny the heart of a champion. But our football is along way from what the Czechs and Portuguese, and even France can produce. Put our Ethniki against France today, and you will see what embarrasment we will face. Never mind Euro and our 1-0 wins over and over. We defended to the death, and this is why we won Euro, and not by playing a good brand of football. We are capable of better, and with the talent that is up and coming I don't see Otto's tactics getting us any further. Time for a change maybe, but we still have two games too see what he can do. After this it is all up to EPO to decide if Otto stays or goes, but failure to qualify for Germany would likely spell the end of Otto's reign as coach of our Ethniki.

Guest Protathlitis

yeah ok mate

we COMFORTABLY beat portugal twice yet alone having the toughest ever route to a final and now we didnt deserve it

dont forget that we had more chances in the France game and won because we were the better team on that day. we might not be able to sustain such incredible level. but for that tournament we were in the zone and everything came right and its something ill never forget

i know exaclty why platini thought hed stand up and make his little speech

aek66, thats the second time youve made your comment about the ancient Greeks....why your bringing up our ancestors in this situation is beyond me. maybe if you stuck to tangible concepts and actually thought about this then you would understand

this has to do with this paliopous.ti trying to take out his own hangups on our NT. I dont give a ###### if he doesent like defensive football.

ill ask you this, if italy had won euro2000 when thy played jsut as defensive as us would he have tried to get up and make a F***en speech

look in one sense Platini is right about the team

they aren't performing to Euro 2004 standards

but in the other sense who the hell gives him the right to hate on us when in fact he didn't give a dam when we won the cup

###### wut everybody says

just beat the Danes to shut our critics up

IM glad that he did do some critisizing...

I hope it pisses them off enough so we rip thru our next two games... maybe thats the motivatiing factor to play well... OK some people say that Otto's tactics suck. Well guess what... tactics only suck if our individual players are playing WELL... They are not playing well. Period. People are complaining that we are not scoring. That is true. Since Dellas has been out Otto has been looking for a hole in the damn. Well by doing that he has had to move back offensive minded players from a team that already has LIMITED offensive prowess. If he attacked without a sure defense first (which since Dellas got hurt has been shaky at best) then we would have let in 4 to 5 to any of these teams... including kazahk...

Maybe Otto talked to Platini and asked him to piss on our team so that they start playing like the euro champs that we are... not like the uninspired Greek national team that has been pretty much showing up since last september. I dont fault Otto for his tactics, I fault the players (most of them) for not showing up to the matches. Maybe otto pulls Platini's quotes out prior to the match against the Denmark to lite a fire under our collective asses.

he couldnt play olis. and pap against udinese...if he could trust me they would play, and they will play next game for sure.................flavio couldnt play yesterday either or he would be in too, even though he sucks, and vyntra blows my ..ase kalitera proi poi.......................Platini ante kai "ganosou" re bro, palio pou....mou fainetai oi galloi ki emeis thamaste stis eksedres sto mountial....are platini pesta sto zidane kai sto trez..auta giati de mas noiazi ti lees.....opoios nomizis to aksize to kupello, asxeto...emeis to exoume to g*****eno...kai s'ehi fai i zilia paliogalle....fora aposmitiko giati vromas re file

look in one sense Platini is right about the team

they aren't performing to Euro 2004 standards

but in the other sense who the hell gives him the right to hate on us when in fact he didn't give a dam when we won the cup

###### wut everybody says

just beat the Danes to shut our critics up

Do you remember seeing the look on Platini's face when Greece was winning 1-0 against France??? He was VERY upset and not just because France was losing.

All the big Euro teams are part of this elite group that only want to see their teams succeed because they dont want the small teams to suceed, for they are a "threat" to their elite group.

Archived