Phantis Forums

SETANTA SPORTS ON DISHNETWORK

As most of you already know direct tv is offering Setanta Sports channel under their platform for only $11.99 per month. They broadcast as you already know all the champion league games. I spoke with Dishnetwork and they have no problem to offer the channel as long as many people show interest about the channel and request it. Please call dishnetwork and request the channel to be added. Have everyone who has Dishnetwork to call. I think if all the greeks that have MEGA, Antenna, and ERT call will be enough. Please spread the news, so we can have the channel and stop paying $20.00 per game. Act fast, so they can add it fast. Call 1-800 333-Dish

It never hurts to let Dishnetwork know that we want the channel, but my understanding is that it will not happen easily.

From what I could gather Dishnetwork wanted to have an exclusive deal with Setanta. However Setanta wanted to offer the channel on other platforms as well. That's why they managed to get the channel on DirecTV and Globecast. Another sticking point was that Dishnetwork wanted the channel to be part of a package and not a stand alone channel.

The Setanta Sports USA that is available on DirecTV and Globecast does show some CL games and WC qualifiers live, but not the ones involving Greek teams. They know that they can make more money by showing those games on Closed Circuit PPV at your local bars. They might show the Greek games later (at least 3 days later) on Setanta Sports USA, like they are doing with the Kazakhstan - Greece game on September 12.

Archived