Phantis Forums

DENMARK-TURKEY live!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you behind a router and are having problem .... try these settings ....on my DLink router, I go to the home page of the router itself and then select the "advanced" tab, then on the left side select applications .... it will then bring you to the page where you can then add new ports for you applications you want to give access ...........

I created a new application entry called SOP, I then entered the following info:

trigger port # - 29019

trigger type - both (UDP and TCP)

public port # - 29019

public type - both (UDP and TCP)

Then selected apply and your settings are saved .. I repeated the same thing for

another application entry called SOP1, I then entered the following info:

trigger port # -3900-3920

trigger type -TCP

public port # - 3900-3920

public type - TCP

I tested this out and got 100% buffer when watching BBC World on Sopcast.

The routers brands should not differ that much but the principle is the same.

Going to the settings of the router itself rather than the Network settings works much better just as Exocet mentions above. Also the Ports 3900-3920 are very important as is 29019. Opening 3900-3920 has made a big difference for me. My uploads would alost never go above 80k now i am getting uploads of up to 200k

Mk21,

I believe that if people have a router they have to open the ports there in there along with those ports in the XP firewall.

I don't know if you have the XP firewall enabled, but the router itself acts like a firewall. I don't see the need for having the XP firewall enabled. I have tested my router's firewall with those tests you can run off those websites and it blocks everything out.

Software could never match up to the same integrity as a hardware firewall.

Guest gastone_1978

Yes indeed. Many thanks to our source.

Does the source have access to Supersport feed? Some UEFA Cup games are coming up.  B)

The source Ziaka has access to SS, all NOVA channels and many other satellite ones not included in the NOVA package.

In theory we will be able to watch whatever we like. The hard thing is that it is not very convenient because of the time difference between US and Europe.

All the games of Ethniki Ellados will be shown though. The same goes with UEFA and CL for all the greek teams. Low demand streams though of let's say Akratitos-panelefsiniakos won't be streamed even if one person asks for it.

Let's not push our luck I say :)

Exocet,

thanks for the info .. i also have a dlink router and was having the same problems w/ uploading. Let me ask you a question though.. did you also alter any of the settings on the firewall portion of the router? if you did could you give a step by step explanation like above.. it was very helpful. thnx.

There is no other settings you need to do to it. I just ran the setup wizard to connect to my ISP and then left the settings as is. Then also ran the wizard to secure the router whenever I go wireless on the laptop. The only other changes I ever made it the port/firewall were the ones outline in my previous post.

Like I had mentioned before you don't need the XP firewall enabled. I don't really trust it.

Hopefully, I answered your question, if not perhaps be more specific if there is anything you are not sure about.

Archived