Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Atromitos Athens

Ziaka

Our next A' Division game ia gainst Atromitos at Toumba on Saturday, September 10. Following the openig loss to Xanthi this game is definitively a must win for the team.

Unfortunately EPAE has scheduled the game for Saturday. The problem for PAOK is that 10 of the players are members of various national teams that well play official games on Wednesday, September 7, and will not return to PAOK practices until Friday, September 9. That's only one day before the game with Atromitos. Hopefully this will not backfire on the team.

My prediction: PAOK - Atromitos 2-0

The game will be shown on Supersport in Greece, and possibly on ERT-sat everywhere else.

Also of note is that the game will be played behind closed doors as PAOK finishing a 2-game ban for the fan trouble last season.

Don't know about ERT-Sat my question to them went unanswered as sual. Also their schedule says they will have all kinds of live broadcasts from the Thessaloniki Ekthesi, so who knows. Never hurts to check them at 18;45 GR to see if they will show the game.

I guess Akiel is benched because he only gets one practice before the match.

Rumor has it Mietsel will play up front with Salpiggidis this time. And Megahead will return to the midfield position.

Sikabala will probably come in the second half with Iliadis. I don't see Teo playing a full game after just 3 days.

A disappointment game but not all that surprising. This team (Atromitos) is not to be underestimated. If I remember correctly, this was the last game that PAOK had to play without any crowds at Toumba..so hopefully with that ban lifted, they'll be able to get behind their team and help them out with a little bit of intimidation.

Bad result considering you are up 2-0 and have just 45 minutes to hold the result. Instead of scoring one more by the 60th minute and then start conserving energy for the hard UEFA Cup match. It's apparent that PAOK as a team still has to mature to become a good team.

PAOK played with:

Archived