Phantis Forums

Alter Globe now on DISH!

The 61.5 satellite is "falling" about 250 miles per year from the horizon. This is the reason that DishNetwork is switching channels to other satellites. By the year 2012 the 61.5W won't even be in the orbit (it will be lost in space).

I am surprised they added Alter on it. Unless they will do the change later...

WHOA! :blink:

How in the hell do you know that re SPIRO?? You're amazing..

So are you saying that we shouldn't get it?

Spiro by 2012 they will not be any Greek channels they all going to be Albanian , We are very lucky to have 4 Greek tv channels in North America and we are still not happy.O well thats the Greek in US. :nw:

As DKSat mantions Alter Globe is available on Dishnetwork as follows:

A LA CARTE - ALTER GLOBE

MEGA COSMOS/ERT SAT/ALTER GLOBE

The respective prices are $ 14.99 for A La Carte, and $ 29.99 for the Mega/ERT/Alter package.

I am suprised they are not including it in the overall Greek language package.

I assume the reason for not adding it on the Greek package is because they will have to reprice it and this means customers who already get the Greek package will be affected (and lots of them may not want Alter).

Their website www.alter.gr lists only the Greek schedule. Is that what they're rebroadcasting? If not do they have another site for Alter Globe?

The big looser is going to be Antenna Sat ,

The subscriptions for Antenna Sat will start dropping that now Alter is on Dish Network, (Unless you are a soccer fan) every one wants something new and they are tired of Antennas same old shows and repeats,

The new Greek pack ERT /MEGA/ ALTER for $29.95 a month is a great price for 3 channels and if you have a Dish at 61.5 and a Super Dish at 121.0 you also get the 3 radio stations for the same price ERT 5 , ERA Sport, Radio Greece .

Archived