Phantis Forums

Champions League 3rd round draw

lamborghini

Panathinaikos will be seeded as expected - so we'll be drawn against one of unseeded teams:

SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

Real Betis Balompie (ESP)

FC Basel 1893 (SUI)

Wisla Krakow (POL)

Udinese Calcio (ITA)

FK Partizan (SCG) / FC Sheriff (MDA)

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Malmo FF (SWE) / Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR)

Everton FC (ENG)

Shelbourne FC (IRL) / FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROU)

FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Brondby IF (DEN)

F91 Dudelange (LUX) / SK Rapid Wien (AUT)

KF Tirana (ALB) / PFC CSKA Sofia (BUL)

Debreceni VSC (HUN) / HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)

Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP) / Trabzonspor (TUR)

Valerenga IF (NOR) / FC Haka (FIN)

All of them are beatable - but it will better if Pao avoids Betis, Udinese, Everton or Shaktar.

And it's pretty obvious that Valerenga or Haka would be ideal :nw: .

Big win for Anorthosis ! :box:

All most all of those teams should not pose a threat with the exception of Shakhtar the new power in Ukr footy.

Something tells me it's either FC Basel or one fo the balkan clubs, Sofia/Tirana. See you bastids in the group stage B) (hopefully)

hey, couldnt we meet liverpool aswell, provided they qualify?

No. Liverpool will also be in the seeded group, as we are. So we each draw a team from the unseeded group.

But we can draw Everton which would be a good draw because they are very poor and we will be favourites.

Apart from the 2 Spanish and Italian teams, I really think we can beat whoever we play. We have a good record in these qualifiers.

I really don't think Everton are that hot. Like most English teams they are tactically naive and I am prepared to bet they will struggle to make it to the group stages, no matter who they play.

i dont remember where i read it, but some site said that this years 3rd qualifying round is the hardes for some years!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'd say whoever you play you should be able to qualify. even the strong teams arent impossible to win against. good luck anyway.

Not sure about that one. Everton qualified for CL unlike Liverpool who had to get UEFA to change the rules for them. To finish where they did in the EPL wasn't a fluke either. They are a very competitive side who have a good coach behind them.

Could PAO beat them...I think so.

Would it still be good to knock the English teams out just so we wouldn't have to hear that crappy bias that always goes along with every English club. DEFINATELY!

But we can draw Everton which would be a good draw because they are very poor and we will be favourites.

I hope your wish comes true, asxete.

The more you post, the more humor you give this forum. Giasou re arxonta !

Where do you live, you bandwagon jumping Johnny-cum-lately? :P

Tell me, how many Everton matches did you watch last season?

I live in England and watch football religiously, anybody who knows anything about English football would tell you what a lucky run Everton had last year! They will also all tell you what a dull and unattractive team they are. They often ran out of ideas.

Why did they finish 4th in the league? Simple. The rest of the pack wasn't good enough. Liverpool choked big time because they weren't good enough either.

If you think Liverpool are the best footballing team in Europe because they won the Champions League, you even know less about football than your writings here indicate. Liverpool won a cup competition you idiot, otherwise they were pretty poor. s%$#!, even Olympiakos scored a goal on them :P

Anyway, back to Everton. Even Everton fans think they were lucky last year.

You think Everton are hot only because they are from England, showing how little actual football you have watched.

Once again I have served you, and served you well. Come back tomorrow for more of the same ....you know what ;)

Stop throwing words around to act as your cover. Everton still does not cease to be an EPL club that on top of that finished fourth last seaason (as you mentioned). And you made it brutally clear with your prior comment that out of ALL those clubs you would hope to draw Everton of all of them (!), when there are clubs that are unseeded and potential opponents that some of us can't even attempt to pronounce, let alone know anything about and play in nations known as the 3rd word.

Of course MAYBE you cannot express what you were initially thinking and posted, but since you do "live in England" , one would think you can read, write and express yourself in the language propery, right ? :rolleyes:

Ante geia !

And you made it brutally clear with your prior comment that out of ALL those clubs you would hope to draw Everton of all of them (!)

I said it before, I say it again. Everton are NOTHING special. They played some very very poor football last season. They finished fourth because the chasing pack were also useless. Everton finished nearly 20 points behind the 3rd team. That tells you everything.

when there are clubs that are unseeded

Everton ARE unseeded, which is why they are in the unseeded group :P PAO are seeded, which is why they are in the seeded group :)

Do you know WHY Everton are unseeded? Could it be that they haven't played in any European competition for nearly 20 years? That's what I am talking about. I'd love to see players like Hibbert and the 30-something year old Watson play PAO :D

and potential opponents that some of us can't even attempt to pronounce, let alone know anything about and play in nations known as the 3rd word.

You mean like Artmedia Bratislava? Don't even pretend you have heard from them. or don't pretend they are not one of the '3rd world' teams you refer to.

Here's a result from last night,

Artmedia Bratislava 5 - Celtic 0

Celtic, who are way better team than Everton and have far better European pedigree and recent experience than Everton.

Everton are crap, I think every team seeded has a good chance against everton. but PAO-everton aint gonna happen, cause UEFA already have a merseyside derby lined up

Very true ;)

I believe that because I am as synical as you. UEFA want no more than 4 English clubs aqnd they will make sure of that ;)

But on trhe other hand, picture this:

Igor Biscan going back to the City of Liverpool to play his former city rivals, Everton! He will get booed of course by the Everton fans, and to get his own back, he will score the goal that decides the tie :P

Only football can throw up such stories!

Panathinaikos will find out their 3rd-round CL opponents today at 11:00 BST (9:00 GR).

Among the teams they could be facing are Everton, Udinese, Real Betis, Slavia Prague and the winner of the Trabzonspor - Anorthosis contest.

Vasili0s, you're a neat respectable guy but c'mon admit it, Everton are quite s%$#! at the moment. As Pano said they were very very very lucky last year. Their main star was Cahill, the Austrialian who sucked at Confed Cup. Not only Panathinaikos but several of the seeded teams will take them out.

Something is telling me that there are two arranged ties, hope I'm wrong:

Everton v Liverpool and

PAO v Anorthosi - Trabzon...

Something is telling me that there are two arranged ties, hope I'm wrong:

Everton v Liverpool and

PAO v Anorthosi - Trabzon...[/size][/color][/font]

oops! fortune tellers may lie sometimes :P

It's...

WISLA CRACOW v PAO, ladies and gentlemen...

Archived