• 2 Winamp
    • 3. Real Player
    • 4. Video Lan Player
    • 5. Jet Audio Player
    • 6. Quick time Player
    • 7. BSPlayer
    • 8. MusicMatch Jukebox Player
    • 9. I use more than one
    • 10. Other (pls post which one so others can learn about it)

hi, nice work there with the new section,

i am creating this post for suggestions about media players

So my sugestion is jet audio player 6 for multimedia. This player can play all audio, video formats (including divx, real player staff and quick time!) also rip cds and record sound (e.g stream radio, or line in) with time programming (so i stoped using audiograbber) and all this for free! There is a pro version with some cost which adds an mp3 encoding output for the rip and record tools. So there is no need to have windows media player, a rip aplication, a record aplication, quick time player and real player (which comes with some adaware) installed....i am using the pro version for everything even to play dvds and its cool...until now i did not have to install any audio or video encoders, everything is included even an alarm so i wake up with music :) . You can find the programme here:

http://eng.cowon.com/product/jetaudio5/about.html

(just a hint if you use it, after adding a stream manually or from a web link you can go to the programs playlist, right click on it and choose export, this will create a playlist. So each time you want to listen to your favorite stream you can double click the stored play list from your disk -no need to visit web pages - i guess this aplies for play lists of other players as well )

i also have the free video lan player (thanks to gastone_1978 and picos1 ;) ) which can play many audio, video formats (which are played by audio jet as well) but does something interesting, you can stream video or audio (i want to make clear that, the number of sources sending audio or video to, depends on bandwidth and video quallity, that is why a user with an adsl conection can not stream easily e.g can stream footbal games of an accepted video quallity to no more than 2-3 users. Mass streaming is done by other software, which are peer to peer and use not only your download speed but your upload as well. Gastone_1978 is analyzing them thoroughly in other posts in this section), but still, i use it to stream films from my laptop to my flatmates laptop in our home network of the 100 mb bandwidth ;) you can find info here:

http://www.videolan.org/

Also the free Winamp player is good. In addition, it offers some stream interent tv ( i think through shoutcast, i ll be back to it if i learn more) but it did not offer anything interesting enough for me to keep it ( i only liked the channels streaming Simpons and Monty Python flying circus episodes!) also i suspect that the peercast plug in, for it, conflicts with jet audio (not sure 100% about that, i formated for other reasons and not installed winamp again) for info here:

http://www.winamp.com/

(of course i have left windows media player in my system as it is, because it is pain in the ass to uninstall it properly).

:gr:

Guest gastone_1978

VLC by far!!!. It is the lightest of all, the most flexible, and offers most of the capabilities one could ask from a Player.

Not to mention how many options it offers in order to create your own TV stream.

• 1 month later...

sxedon to eixa xexasei auto to post...iparxei nea ekdosi tou agapitou mou jet audio..kanei oti kai prin alla kai encode se alla video format .....elvetikos sougias exei ginei! (to video encode den to exo xreisimopoiisei)

Archived