Phantis Forums

Team Line Up With Transfer Targets

Its the depth that impresses me - you have members of the national team on your bench - that's quality and absolutley necessary in this day and age of so many games played

I'm a PAO fan but I cheer hard for Greek teams in Europe- listen on Sport FM or read the play by play on UEFA.com - this is a very important year - but more so for PAO which is losing a crap load of points next year from their (and in turn Greece's coefficient)

Check this out

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../trank2006.html

same is true of AEK and PAOK over the next two years - we need to get going - and to be honest Olympiakos has not been doing their share (although last year was OK) - if we continue our pace in 2 years we will have lost 2 of our UEFA spots - which will lead to a downward spiral

Also we must realize that some of the Eastern leagues - Russia in particular - are likely to step it up soon

Anyway I expect you to move past the group stage - although - you are still a 3 seed most likely when they draw the groups so you could be screwed (for example you may be put in with Chelsea - PSV or Juve plus one of the top seeds)

Best of luck

The homepage for this great site :

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/index.html

after the new rumours lets make another line up:

-------------------------------------------konstantinou-------------------------------------------

-----------------djordjevic--------------------------------------------------zairi-----------------

---------toure------------------------------rivaldo------------------------------stoltidis---------

---venetidis-----------------kapsis-----------------anatolakis-----------------patsatzoglou---

--------------------------------------------nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

bench:

iversen

kafes

schurrer

mavrogenidis

castillo

okkas

bulut

valas

taralidis

georgatos

giannou

this is what i would like to see. a team that has equivalent replacement for nearly all the positions. with toure and stoltidis blocking anything coming from the opponenst out of defense and djole zairi messing up the defense and creating chances for konstantinou who will get all the needed passes from rivaldo.

something i wonder now is, that sollied wants to have iversen as konstantinous partner in offense. wouldnt that mean he wants to play another system? 4-4-2?

I simply CANNOT understand how one can place the "ninja" Anatolakis in front of Gabriel SHURRER ? This man has experience and class written all over him, Bajevic was a TOOL for not using him once after the OFI match. It was Panto's square head that made us pay the price, and if it was injury that kept Gabriel sidelined, then whatever.

That lineup and setup will have Mixalaki cut up and all alone holding thermopylae all by himself. It needs another striker playing with Konstandinou. Some sort of diamond formation, and to be honest I'd rather see Bulut or Georgatos start at LB, I've lost faith in Venetidis and Pantos. But we'll see how they perform.

don't understand why u want venetidis instead of georgatos or bulut.

second why have anotolakis too in there.stoltidis instead of taralidis.u haven't seen the shot that kid has,mind he also knows how to handle the ball.

I WOULD PREFER STARTING ELEVEN LIKE THIS:

------------------------------MIXALAKH---------------------------------------

-------------------CASTILLO----------------------IVERSEN------------------------------

----------TZOLE------------------RIVALDO--------------------------TOURE------------------

---GEO-------------KAPSIS--------------SHURRER----------------PATSA/PANTOS

-------------------------------------NIKOPOLIDIS-----------------------------------------

I THINK THIS LINEUP WOPULD KILL N-E ONE FROM GREECE AND SERIOUSLY PLAY VERY WELL IN EUROPE. :D :D

don't understand why u want venetidis instead of georgatos or bulut.

second why have anotolakis too in there.stoltidis instead of taralidis.u haven't seen the shot that kid has,mind he also knows how to handle the ball.

I WOULD PREFER STARTING ELEVEN LIKE THIS:

------------------------------MIXALAKH---------------------------------------

-------------------CASTILLO----------------------IVERSEN------------------------------

----------TZOLE------------------RIVALDO--------------------------TOURE------------------

---GEO-------------KAPSIS--------------SHURRER----------------PATSA/PANTOS

-------------------------------------NIKOPOLIDIS-----------------------------------------

I THINK THIS LINEUP WOPULD KILL N-E ONE FROM GREECE AND SERIOUSLY PLAY VERY WELL IN EUROPE. :D :D

don't know if were good enough to play that well in Europe with a 4-3-3 formation

we still have lot of questions that we haven't answered yet

but i like the optomism

what about this?

-------------------------------------------konstantinou-------------------------------------------

-----------------djordjevic----------------------------------------------ljunberg-----------------

---------toure------------------------------rivaldo------------------------------stoltidis---------

---venetidis-----------------kapsis-------------------schurrer-----------------patsatzoglou---

--------------------------------------------nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

Archived