Phantis Forums

ONE TEAM ON THE PITCH...BRAZIL

I HAVE TWO WORDS PAIDIA. "F UCKEN NTPOPH". ITS MAKING ME THINK A LITTLE NOW IF WE WON EURO BY A MIRACLE LIKE MOST OF THE SOCCER WORLD THINKS, OR WE WON IT BECAUSE WE DESERVED IT BECAUSE OF GOOD SOCCER.

THERE WAS ONLY ONE TEAM ON THE PITCH TODAY AND LIKE I SAID WE HAVE NO GOAL SCORING PROWESS WHATSOEVER. WE CANNOT SCORE PERIOD, AND IF WE DO QUALIFY FOR THE WORLD CUP WE WILL GET ROCKED BADLY. I MEAN SURE REHHAGAL'S TACTICS WORKED IN EURO BUT COME ON. WE NEED A NEW SYSTEM AND NEW PLAYERS. THIS TEAM TODAY WENT ONTO THE PITCH VERY AFFRAID AND KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME FROM THE OPENING MINUTE. ITS A SHAME FOR THE 30 000 GREEKS THAT CAME TO WATCH AND CREATED SO MUCH ATMOSHPERE IN LEIPZIG. IF ONLY THE PLAYERS WOULD HAVE RESPECTED THAT AND MADE A GAME OUT OF IT. SHAME PAIDIA. :angry:

greeksoccerfanatic,

I couldn't agree more with you. They gave the Brazillians way too much respect and as you say, they didn't give the 30,000 Greek supporters any respect.

I think their needs to be a rethink on technical policy and player selection. They have to go through the team and clear out all players over the age of 30 for starters.

Zagorakis was generally acknowledged as the player of Euro 2004, but he is a pale shadow of the player he was a year ago.

With all due respect to Mr Rehagel, he may just be the cause of the current slump in our NT results. Why isn't he blooding more younger players?

ive said this b4 and ill say it again, we won euro coz of alot of things working in our favour:

1) Great Game plan that no one could figure out untill the tournament was over...

2) evryone playing there best 100%...

3) some nations didnt play 100% to there best...

These are the elements that made us win Euro...

Now

1) alot of countrys know our game plan and adjust them self against us e.g Albania, Ukrane, Brazil ect....

2) if we cant play 100% all the time (which is very hard to do) then we wont b able to score because thats our weakness!! we dont have a super star of a player in our squad like other medi-core countrys do e.g Ukrane = Shevchenko, Serbia = Kezman and even Georgia = Kaldenze c.o ect....

3) Not all the countrys we play are gonna play s%$#!, i mean there are gonna be at times where a country will play 100% or equal to greeces effort which then will show us our true strenghts.. e.g Brazil played 70% to there best while we played at the same level and we were shown how to play football...

These are the factors we face now, and its hard to adjust them... Im glad that we won Euro because i honestly think this will be our only trophy to show for the next 100 years...

P.S i think we should face some truths about our team and there abillity...

i think that the team of EURO 2004 is now past its prime, after todays performance it is clear that otto will have to bring in the younger stars of Greece slowly slowly so we can obatin our reputation as a good soccer nation, if we stay with all the older players we will just detiriorate slowly. Latey wwe've been playing hopeless, nowhere near EURO 2004 standards, and our crapnes lately has shown on the score sheets all of the following games we should have won easily...

Greece-Albania(WC Qualifiyng, in albania)

Greece-Turkey(WC Qualifiyng, in greece)

Greece-Ukraine(WC Qualifiyng,in Ukraine)

Greece-Turkey(WC Qualifiyng,in turkey)

Greece-Ukriane(WC Qualifiyng,in greece)

Im not sure if it's the older players being cocky thanks to EURO 2004 or if thier skills are getting worse but the whole team is playing bad.

Gekas, Salp, Ammantidis, Pap should all get roatated in striker with Charisteas and Vryzas shouldn't play as much anymore.

Guest GreekSoussou

^ Agree. I would really like to see the young guys get some more playing time up front, especially with Charisteas and Vryzas not preforming the way they did in Euro 2004

Archived