Phantis Forums

MAKEDONIKOS

Guest Protathlitis

Guest Protathlitis

Id need some info on Makedonikos

what division is the football team in? when was it formed?

I dont know about basket as well. Makedonikos has a good basket side am I right? what league is that in?

what is their logo and do any other football/ basketball sides have the star of Vergina in their logo?

maybe Ziaka can answe these questions

Protathlitis, the Makedonikos soccer team plays in the D' Division. In the last season they played in Group 2 of D' Division and they ended up in 7th place. I am not sure the year they were formed, but for some reason the year 1925 seems to be stuck in my mind. I could be wrong though. They were definitively formed prior to 1940's though. That I am sure about. The soccer team played several seasons in A' Ethniki in the past.

As for the basketball team, they use to be based in Thessaloniki as well and they were playing in A and B Divisions. Few years ago the team moved to the city of Kozani, and they have a fairly good presence in A1 Division. Last season they reached the finals of the ULEB cup.

I don't know what their emblem contains.

Guest Protathlitis

thanks for that

what is the uleb cup? how far down is it from the euroleague which Osfp, pao and aek r in?

Irlande, did go ahead and check the stats. I guess we are both right. :D

Makedonikos played in A' Ethniki in 1982-83, and they finished 15th and were relegated. However they also played in the 1946-47 championship, being one of the six teams in that championship that season. The other teams were Olympiakos (champions), followed by Iraklis, Panionios, AEK, Atromitos and Makedonikos.

For 1982-1983:

From RSSF.com

For 1946-1947:

*. Olympiakos 27-11 25 pts.

*. Iraklis 19-10 24 pts.

3. Panionios 23-17 23 pts.

4. AEK 15-14 19 pts.

5. Atromitos Piraeus 12-21 18 pts.

6. Makedonikos 13-36 8 pts. (lost all 10 games they played)

Btw, this was the dirtiest championship ever played in Greece: Iraklis would have been crowned champions even with a loss in their last game however, the referee of their last game walked off the pitch and claimed on the official match paper that he did so because an Iraklis player refused to leave after being ejected from the game. The Iraklis player in question, denied he was ever told to leave the pitch even years after the event. :tdown:

Archived