Phantis Forums

NOT AGAIN!

LUZ13

Sorry, here is the text

Greek Soccer Champion Punished

By Associated Press

ATHENS, Greece -- Greece's league and cup champion Olympiakos Piraeus was ordered to play three home games in an empty stadium next season as punishment for fan violence.

The same penalty was imposed on relegated Aris Thessaloniki for the mayhem before the clubs' game in the Greek Cup final last month, a sports tribunal said Friday. Both clubs had been disciplined for fan misconduct earlier in the season.

Olympiakos also was fined the equivalent of nearly $37,000 while Aris will have to pay more than $18,000.

Several stores and cars were damaged but no injuries were reported. Three fans were arrested

Sorry, here is the text

Greek Soccer Champion Punished

By Associated Press

ATHENS, Greece -- Greece's league and cup champion Olympiakos Piraeus was ordered to play three home games in an empty stadium next season as punishment for fan violence.

The same penalty was imposed on relegated Aris Thessaloniki for the mayhem before the clubs' game in the Greek Cup final last month, a sports tribunal said Friday. Both clubs had been disciplined for fan misconduct earlier in the season.

Olympiakos also was fined the equivalent of nearly $37,000 while Aris will have to pay more than $18,000.

Several stores and cars were damaged but no injuries were reported. Three fans were arrested

Unfortunately my friend this is not only this reason that coaches don't want to come to Greece and coach. It's also many more other than things like "inside politics" :angry:

dam this really suks

we can't start the season on a clean slate

i mean this didn't happenned in Karaiskaki or near it for that matter

why don't they just punished those who do harm

The Greek League is so poorly run in every way shape an form

typical.....of course my opinion will be thrown out immidiately because it is 'obviously biased' according to you but it should get more games. Its the 4th instance this season. The more you do it the higher the punishment should be, it just makes sense.

I agree with this punishment because:

If you do the crime you do the time, maybe fans will begin to realise that disrespect to clubs and other fans dont get you anywhere.

I disagree because:

This is draining alot of money out of greek football, and is becoming fairly ridiculous. The passion is fading slowly out without any fans, for the greek league to keep up with everyone else there must be another solution, possibly internal punishment....

This thing with fans bans is rediculous must stop.

If attendance in the Greek League games was not bad enough, with these bans our stadiums become uglier when completely empty.

What I propose? The guilty club to lose all its match revenue.

Empty stadiums are a horrible thing.

I agree with this punishment because:

If you do the crime you do the time, maybe fans will begin to realise that disrespect to clubs and other fans dont get you anywhere.

I disagree because:

This is draining alot of money out of greek football, and is becoming fairly ridiculous. The passion is fading slowly out without any fans, for the greek league to keep up with everyone else there must be another solution, possibly internal punishment....

yeah but u have to ask yourself why everyone has to eat it because of actions of a few morons?

I am sick and tired of this

the team is not the problem

its the fans and if u punish the team 5 years with no fans when they come back they will start this s%$#! all over again

the only solution is jailtime

No 3 points.. no e,pty stadiums.. no fines

this has not worked and will not work

JAILTIME

What I propose? The guilty club to lose all its match revenue.

Good idea. A similar take on that idea is to have the clubs who OSFP (or any punished team) were going to play at home and make them play away to that team and bar and bar any (insert punished club fans here) from entering the stadium.

I'm sure that even with an unexpected home game and oppertunity to get some $$, clubs would discount ticket prices for this game, and still get some revenue in the end (what Greek soccer needs).

Though this idea seems really far-fetched, I'm curious to see what people here think? Granted this is a OSFP forum/thread so I doubt it'll get great reviews...but still...your thoughts???

@ trifili

i agree with you about the punishment being fair and not fair at the same time. but i disagree with you about the fans learning their lesson out of this. if some of them would have at least one brain cell in their heads they would have started to realise that they just harm greek football in general.

@ WOS88

wouldnt be bad. especially for the "smaller" teams, having the opportunity to get some more money. but it wont work. this would be far too complicated for the greek football organisation to arrange it like that. ;)

the only thing that could really work is to put them into jail. put them away for half a year or a year. this would probably also harm their pride. and their family would turn away from them too. since greece is still a conservativ country and the family pride still counts a lot, it might work. and additional to that they would have to pay a fine, plus their name etc. should be saved so that it could be possible to keep them out of the stadiums. also difficult to achieve though, because of the same reasons like epo wouldnt arrange matches the other way.

the best thing though would be, if the rest of the fans would finally wake up and stop these idiots from destroying greek soccer.

p.s. since osfp has already taken measurments to fight the decision and it most probably will be put down to a one game match ban, the fans wont realise what kind of consequences their actions could have.

Archived