Phantis Forums

Iraklis v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

I think what is missing from the thread is a clear report of the conditions inside the pitch. Some photos at least. It was incredibly bad. After a heavy rain, it was like a waterpool. Players, esp. in the 1st half, were unable to dribble, make crosses, advance the ball, make passes. They were unable to cross effectively, even from static positions (corners, fouls etc).

It is quite indicative that Nikopolidis was rather severely injured during a collision with Anatolakis and he barely managed to avoid substitution.

I think that all Oly fans were fearing of a draw. Under those conditions, it was the most likely scenario. It was their determination to win which gave them the title. They showed huge reserves of strength and courage even at the last minutes of the game, when everyone would expect their age to show up. All players were up to their mission barring (maybe) for Giovanni who, in a lost chance, refused to pass the ball to Ribbo and preferred to make a weak shoot. As selfish usual.

Luz, you were right for praising Ribbo so much. When he was quarreling with the coach, I was started doubting the decision to acquire him. But the great players show themselves during decisive games. In the last matches, he was the Oly by himself. Today, he played one of his biggest games this year. He was everywhere, dribbling, marking, creating chances, scoring. And these for 90 minutes, all inside a pitch resembling more of water-polo pool. I wonder what we would see from him (and the rest of Oly) under different weather conditions.

i read about that on Olympiakos website

about the harsh conditions on the playing field

i kept hearing the commentator talking about how tough corners were took take b/c the spots were just a mess

was Toumba in the same condition v Aigaleo

I really wander how many of you people saw the match.....

Iraklis fought hard I do aceept that but I am always here to state the facts...

Even if Ribo didn't score I am sure that Terobitsas would have goten the ball himself and put it in Iraklis net.... Such embarassing refereing we hadn't seen for years!!!

1. Clear penaly when Kostoulas did a handball at the end of the first hal in one of Epalle's crosses... It was the DEFINITION of handball!!!!! (by the way the score was 0-0 at the time)

2. At least 3 offsides were given when Iraklis players were all alone to score against the melos... Especially the Fortuzzi offside was a disgrace!!!

3. Giannaki OKKAS clearly pushes a defender gets the ball and misses a chance in front of Abari...

4. Katsiki-Sardanapalos elbows an Iraklis player, 100% RED card and that wasn't even given as a FOUL!!!

5. Tasso Panto does a tacklin in near the throw in line where he should have had at least a yellow. That wasn't even given as FOUL!!!!! :o

Generally it was a disgraceful refereeing and that is why the 18.000 of Irajklis fans were shouting POULHMENE, POULHMENE for 15 minutes towards the end of the game!!!!!

Of course the objective journalism in Greece mentioned NOTHING about these incidents but preferred to stick with Rivaldo's goal....

But anyway h omada tou laou einai ayth mhn tous apogohteysoume kiolas....

Guest Protathlitis

I saw OSFP winning the double...

your biased summary of the refereeing is a waste of space vaselene

cry me a river vaselenes

ANTE GIA PELATES

Even if Ribo didn't score I am sure that Terobitsas would have goten the ball himself and put it in Iraklis net.... Such embarassing refereing we hadn't seen for years!!!

1. Clear penaly when Kostoulas did a handball at the end of the first hal in one of Epalle's crosses... It was the DEFINITION of handball!!!!! (by the way the score was 0-0 at the time)

2. At least 3 offsides were given when Iraklis players were all alone to score against the melos... Especially the Fortuzzi offside was a disgrace!!!

3. Giannaki OKKAS clearly pushes a defender gets the ball and misses a chance in front of Abari...

4. Katsiki-Sardanapalos elbows an Iraklis player, 100% RED card and that wasn't even given as a FOUL!!!

5. Tasso Panto does a tacklin in near the throw in line where he should have had at least a yellow. That wasn't even given as FOUL!!!!! :o

Generally it was a disgraceful refereeing and that is why the 18.000 of Irajklis fans were shouting POULHMENE, POULHMENE for 15 minutes towards the end of the game!!!!!

Of course the objective journalism in Greece mentioned NOTHING about these incidents but preferred to stick with Rivaldo's goal....

look whos talking in your match analysis of PAO - aek you didnt mention the penalty should have gotten and we know its a penalty.

and then u talk about the journalists who do the exact same thing

I DONT REMEMBER ANYONE ANALYZING THE PENALTY AGAINST AEK EITHER, NOR THE GAME AGAINST IRAKLIS WHERE THERE WERE 3 VAZELI OFFSIDE AND THE OFFSIDES FLAG STAYED DOWN. THE TEAM THAT WAS BEING PUSHED THIS YEAR WAS PAO AND IF YOU DONT SE THAT YOURE BLIND. OLYMPIAKOS IS A BETTER TEAM AND THATS WHY WE ARE CHAMPIONS AGAIN. ALL THE VAZELI WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT PASOK AND HOW THEY HELPED US WIN TITLES AND BLAH B;LAH BLAH. I KNOW ONE THING, KAI H HOUDA NA BGEI TO PROTATHLIMA THA MEINEI STON PEIRAIA

ANTE GEIA!!! KAI KALO KALOKAIRI!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I DONT REMEMBER ANYONE ANALYZING THE PENALTY AGAINST AEK EITHER, NOR THE GAME AGAINST IRAKLIS WHERE THERE WERE 3 VAZELI OFFSIDE AND THE OFFSIDES FLAG STAYED DOWN. THE TEAM THAT WAS BEING PUSHED THIS YEAR WAS PAO AND IF YOU DONT SE THAT YOURE BLIND. OLYMPIAKOS IS A BETTER TEAM AND THATS WHY WE ARE CHAMPIONS AGAIN. ALL THE VAZELI WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT PASOK AND HOW THEY HELPED US WIN TITLES AND BLAH B;LAH BLAH. I KNOW ONE THING, KAI H HOUDA NA BGEI TO PROTATHLIMA THA MEINEI STON PEIRAIA

ANTE GEIA!!! KAI KALO KALOKAIRI!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

of course trhey were but people like pappou and slick always ignore these things

they didnt even mention the penalty.

and bitch about the greek league when things dont go their way

it aek was denied the panelty vs US.... I can imagine ti tha legane

but as usual and this is true they ignore these things

AITE GEIA TO PROTAHLIMA TOU GKOLOU

ANYWAYS,,,ASXOLOUMASTE ME DIATISIA,,,PIOS FTEI PIOS DEN FTEI KAI m*****.ES..,,,,,,AT END OF DAY,,,WELL B SAYING THE SAME GARBAGE TO EACH OTHER EVERY YR,,,NO CONGRATS TO 1 ANOTHER .....NO NOTHING,,,,THIS MENTALITY IS A JOKE,,,,IT WILL NEVER CHANGE ,,

ITS LIKE WE WALK ROUND THE SAME CIRCLE AND TELLING EACH OTHER THE SAME JOKES.,,,,,,BORING BORING BORING

that is bullshit

this constant bickering towards refs have got to stop

PaO FANS face it u blew the title

we won it fair and square and deservadly so

face it we are champions!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest, i wasnt happy about how that match was reffed, but first of all i wasnt happy at all that the match was even started under these circumstances. at some places of the ground it would have been better to put in chatzitheodorou instead of a football player.

some scenes and decisions could have been given the other way around easily, but whatever other team being in osfps position, the decisions would have been the same. do you really think that in the greek league things would change the last matchday?!

and by the way, dont blame to lost of the title on this last match against iraklis. either team, aek, pao or osfp should have a look at the other matches they dropped points against "small teams" if they would have lost the title (ionikos, ergotelis, xanthi, kerkyra, etc).

Archived