Phantis Forums

All Change at United

Its official, yesterday afternoon Glazer brought shares off Mcamanus and Magnier to have over 50% of the shares and took control over Manchester United. If he buys more to get 75% he will beable to raise ticket prices and fire the manager. And when he reaches 90% the other shareholders MUST by law sell all there shares to Glazer.

Good News for United:

When he took over Tampa Bay the underdogs they won the Superbowl. Ermmm... i think thats it.

Bad news for United:

When he took over Tampa Bay, he raised the ticket prices for matches over 200% and he may do the same here.

He knows nothing about football and as soon as he begins work at United he will do anything to get his money back.

DO NOT MISTAKE HIM FOR A ROMAN ABRAMOVIC!!! He needed to loan money from banks to buy at 3 pounds a share.

He will be able to fire Sir Alex and there is no doubt he probably will.

He is ruthless and will probably fire managers and players if he gets pissed off with them.

With Mcamanus and Magnier, there was stability, but now that it is owned by someone in debt it is effectively owned by american banks.

Ermmm... I think thats it.

It could work out for United, they could win alot of trophies. Of course they may not. He may change United into one big advertisement. This could be interesting....

We were a circus before, we will noe be a bigger circus with the top-clown Glazer...

Also we do have other entertainers in the show, such as the Neville sisters, Howard, Caroll, Silvestre, Rio Ferdinant, Wes Brown, Quinton Fortune...

Most likely we will get rid of Ruud and we will be a side to watch for a laugh!!!! :angry:

Bring Cantona back!!!!! :nw:

Since he was 8 years old, and I quote from his sister 'he has one dimension, money, money, money'. The fact is he wouldn't have worked so hard for almost a billion just so he can finish united off. He knows to make money with the club the club must suceed. He is ruthless, but also a genius. However, he made sucess with tampa before they landed to the foot of the league and pretty much ruined the club, but he made money off them. What i'm saying is dont expect administration in the first year, wait a few years first.

BTW, I made a mistake in the top topic, when Glazer owns 75% he will beable to take it out the stock market and no-one will beable to buy shares anymore. He will thus beable to change the name of the club if he wanted to, but he would be stupid if he did that. He has control over the club NOW. He can fire fergie now

he wont change the name of the club.............its a brand name and a huge asset to the company.

also didnt Tampa win the stanley cup the other year??? but NHL has nothing to do with football. Not in organization/investment anythign

yeah he knows how to make money but the thing is he doesnt understand the field hes in that well. Yeah prices will rise for tickets and merchandise but he is a business man and im sure hes read a good deal about the team and industry its in...he knows that raises in ticket prices there is still enough demand to fill the stadium! hell half the fans are tourists anyways! in fact now that i think of it hes going to help united by being a cheapass on signings.......United make the WORST signings at the WORST prices (2nd to chelsea---but they can afford it) 10 million pounds for Alan Smith!? what are u kidding me!? 6 million for Djeba Djeba!??!? id rather take Konstantinidis over that loser!!! Kleberson!? Man U were idiots before!!!

This has been such a story, it has gotten massive press over here! I hate this franchise, I'll take any italian team anyday, even Milan, serves Money U right. Oh and drako, Glazer doesn't own the Tampa bay Lightning that won the Stanley Cup. But his NFL team the Tampa bay Bucaneers did win the 2002 Super Bowl. Oh and , Money U is INDEED none other than an advertisement!

Archived