Phantis Forums

Engomitis Annouces international retirement!

bides

Yiotis Engomitis annouced his international retirement stating he will not wear the Cyprus National team colours anymore.. Have been the heart and sole for the team a few years back he was frustrated Vucotic never called him up when he was fully fit....When Aggelos Annastiades took over as coach he thought he had a chance of playing again but was disgruntled when he was no called to the Cyprus Tournament in February...Aggelos did call him up for the March match vs the Swiss but Engomitis vowed he wont play again and turned down the call up....

Engomitis is only thinking about helping his team Paok turn there fortunes around next year...

Yes, I read this too. I also read that he wants to return back to Anorthosis. I believe that his days at PAOK are numbered. Yes, he is still a valuable player, and PAOK has an option to extend his contract by one year, but they might let him go because of his age.

Yes, I read this too. I also read that he wants to return back to Anorthosis. I believe that his days at PAOK are numbered. Yes, he is still a valuable player, and PAOK has an option to extend his contract by one year, but they might let him go because of his age.

I bet your right Ziaka he is getting up there in age.. Im sure he wouldnt mind ending his career at Anorthosis since they just won the league and all...

Archived