Phantis Forums

A-League Winner

Who will win the A-League in its 1st season?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the A-League in its 1st season?

• Melbourne Victory
    • Perth Glory
    • QLD Roar
    • Sydney FC
    • Central Coast Mariners
    • Adelaide United
    • Newcastle United Jets
    • New Zealand Knights

ive been wondering whos going to win it. my moneys on perth at the moment, because they always have been good. but then again you never know, as the other clubs have picked up some good players... Thompson, Vlahos (victory), Yorke (Sydney).

what do you guys think?

nai siga - vlahos!!!!! super signing

the guy is hopeless - archie will do alrite

wat im interested to see in how many games yorke plays and wat he does - is here for f*k around or to actually play!!!

if yorke kills it than sydney is in with a shot bc no one can deny the talent on this kid/(old man now lol)!

I reckon it will be Sydney as they have a pretty powerful line up

Plus they have been undefeated in their Dubai tour - check this:

Sydney FC unbeaten in Dubai

By Adam Gartrell

April 19, 2005

SYDNEY FC, boasting a cast featuring movie star Anthony LaPaglia (director) and ex-Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke (striker), has been hogging the limelight with its attractive sideshow.

But the Hyundai A-League club is backing up its performances on the field, too, with a successful pre-season tour of the United Arab Emirates.

Sydney return home tomorrow after going unbeaten in their two-week tour, with their most impressive results being 1-0 wins over Asian Champions' League winner Al Ain and Al Jazira.

Coach Pierre Littbarski's team also beat FC Hatta 7-1 in its opening match to begin preparations for the inagural A-League season on a high note.

Socceroo David Zdrilic scored the game's only goal against Al Jazira, while midfielder Steve Corica and man of the match Iain Fyfe dazzled in the final game of the tour.

"It was our best performance as a team, and against the strongest opposition," Fyfe said.

Sydney's head of delegation Lou Sticca said Littbarski was impressed with his charge's performances against tough opposition.

Upon its return, Sydney will step up preparations for its opening World Club Championship qualifying match against the Queensland Roar on the Central Coast on May 7.

AAP

Guest Protathlitis

the thing is the standard will always be no where near european and I can watch european so...

the only reason I care about aussie football is because of Hellas. did you support olympic much? are they in the NSW league now?

yeah i did support Olympic

they are in the state division now

But my mate used to play for them now he got signed for Newcastle Jets

Andrew Durante i reckon he'll have a future in europe

Poor bastard was suppose to make the Olympic team till that cock from Marconi broke his league :tdown:

ah well he'll be in the Green and Gold very soon B)

Archived