Phantis Forums

Cyprus calls up 22!

bides

Cyprus coach Aggelos Annastiades called up 22 players for games against Jordan and Switzerland... He will drop two players after the Jordan game on Saturday for the upcoming World Cup Qualifier vs Switzerland...It will be Aggelos first big test with his new club..

1. Simos Krassas

2. Mihalis Konstantinou

3. Konstantinos Charalambides

4. Yiannis Okkas

5. Yiasemis Yiasemakis

6. Alexis Garpozis

7. Stathis Aloneftis

8. Nikos Panayiotou

9. Mihalis Morphis

10. Antonis Gerorgiallides

11. Lefteris Eleftheriou

12. Christos Velis

13. Petros Filionitis

14. Nikos Nikoloau

15. Loukas Louka

16. Marinos Satsias

17. Chrisi Mihail

18. Stelios Okkarides

19. Marios Ilia

20. Konstantinos Makrides

21. Lambros Lambrou

22. Goumenos

Good luck to Greece and Cyprus for there up coming Games........

Good luck!

Cyprus certainly have their work cut out for them v. Switzerland...

I agree with this. I'm wishing that Cyprus wipes them out but I think that this year the Swiss are something to content with...

Good Luck all...

:tup: :tup: :tup: :box: :box: :box: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Hey just stick morfis in goal, leave it to Okkas, Mihalaki, bidis, krassas, Aloneftis and what have you, and I GUARANTEE, victory over switzerland. Like so.

'5 SUI Johan Vonlanthen

'28 CYP Mihalis Konstantinou

'87 CYP Yiannakis Okkas

W-Morfis

L- Zuberbuhler

As usual Cyprus will concede an early goal, a beautiful goal by Vonlanthen. Also as usual, we will soon tie it, Mihalaki doing the honors. The Swiss start to control the match and gthe first half ends 1-1 but not before Morfis simply robs Frei. The second half is even more Swiss controlled, but they struggle breaking a stellar Cyprus D. But a free kick by Frei is sharply blocked, by a wall of Cypriots and gives Hakan Yakin an open look. The shot is hard and on target but Morfis does well to save and force the corner, which he ends up catching. Later, a weird bouncing ball seems to be going out for a goal kick, Morfis lets it go, but frei isn't giving up and from a horrible angle he has a nice effort that dings off the post, and Morfis who hadn't been paying attention, and found himself on the other, was fortunate to do so because the ball off the post goes off Vonlanthen's head and right into Morfis's hands. In the 87th a Swiss outlet pass is picked off by Okkaridis and finds Konstantinou who crosses up Murat Yakin and rifles a shot that Pascal Zuberbuhler stops but the velocity of the shot makes it nearly impossible for Zuberbuhler to hang on to and the ball hits off an unsuspecting Okkas and goes in. Okkas scores by accident, like he's done many times before, and cyprus achieves the upset. 2-1 over Switzerland, or Suisse, or Schweiz, or even Svizzera, damn CH too many languages

W-Morfis

L- Zuberbuhler

what is the point of this??? if the score was 2-1 wouldnt that be obvious anywys? football is not a battle of keepers....its very rare a keeper can take control and have the influence of his team to win a game.....

but whateceer........

GO CYPRUS SCREW SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck! if this game was closer to me i would go and cheer on Cyprus...i will at least see it on tv...cant wait to see bidis and mixalh eat swiss defense alive

FORZA KYPROS

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Hey Drakos you will be able to catch this game on tv...I will be in Mexico when they play I wonder what feed you will be getting.. I guess you live in Germany...

Drako, the best answer i could give u is that is just kinda comes naturally being where I live. However, can you please comment on the rest of the prediction.

good luck! if this game was closer to me i would go and cheer on Cyprus...i will at least see it on tv...cant wait to see bidis and mixalh eat swiss defense alive

FORZA KYPROS

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:

Hey Drakos you will be able to catch this game on tv...I will be in Mexico when they play I wonder what feed you will be getting.. I guess you live in Germany...
have fun in mexico - but im not in germany im in Switzerland.....

For some reason, Johan Vonlanthen didn't play against France :blink: :unsure:. This surprised me cuz he seems like their forward of the future and played pretty good at the Euro and is doing pretty well for PSV.

Switzerland getting a 0-0 result in France scares me a bit, although this means they'll go defensive as Cyrpus's strength is probably offense (Konstantinou). This seldom works (regardless of who plays it), so Cyprus should score (90% Konstantinou, 5% Okkas 5% other). I think the Cypriots will finally get in on the upset routine we pulled throughout the Euro 2004, and finally get something out of a dismal qualifing campaign.

FORZA CYPRUS! :o :la: :box: :D

Cyprus lost 1-0 in the 87th - i saw the game.....Cyprus has some good players but still isnt that great organized, they are a very physical and hardworking team. Best player was easily Mixalakhs who had some great chances and unlucky not to score.....Okkas sucks but he is an amazing dribbler. Passing, shooting forget it though he simply cant do it!

the worst player was Chrysostomos, this guy plain sucks. I was also surprised to see Krassas as a left back.......stupid move he should be on the right wing or something.

Bidis was dissapointing, He was pretty bad and really cocky, though in the first 20 mins he was good... an on/off player for sure.

first half cyprus made some chances but the second half was all swiss.....they were a more experienced and organized in their attack...

Cyprus lost 1-0 in the 87th - i saw the game.....Cyprus has some good players but still isnt that great organized, they are a very physical and hardworking team. Best player was easily Mixalakhs who had some great chances and unlucky not to score.....Okkas sucks but he is an amazing dribbler. Passing, shooting forget it though he simply cant do it!

the worst player was Chrysostomos, this guy plain sucks. I was also surprised to see Krassas as a left back.......stupid move he should be on the right wing or something.

Bidis was dissapointing, He was pretty bad and really cocky, though in the first 20 mins he was good... an on/off player for sure.

first half cyprus made some chances but the second half was all swiss.....they were a more experienced and organized in their attack...

Just got back from Mexico........... Great time.... Read up on the game down there... Cyprus should have scored in the first half... Drakos your right Chrystomos sucks... He was not suppose to start Satsias was..... I think Annastiades made one mistake all game putting on Yiasemi instead of Aloneftis>>>> Aloneftis is the fastest player on Cyprus and one of the most talented... I think Yiasemi is useless.. Good effort by the team this coach will turn the players moral around... I heard a very good showing of Greek supporters c ame to cheer on the boys....... bravo Ellas for getiing six points.... good look to Cyprus in the next matches...

Did you see Konstantinou is a keeper as well funny stuff..

What sucks is that from what I hear, Konstantinou got robbed by Zuberbuhler 3 times in 10 minutes. Well Drako, I guess that's one of those rare instances where a keeper takes control of the game. As for Aloneftis, he came in way too late. Hopegully, Georgallidis is back against Faroe Islands, maybe we can at least beat them.

• 2 weeks later...

Del Piero, Totti, Buffon, I hate to say but we'd have little chance.i don't see Mihalaki or okkas scoring on Buffon. If giorgallidis plays, maybe we steal a draw. I really see the keepers making a huge difference, especially for cyprus, because italy will probably only need a goal.

keepers rarley make the difference in a game like this.....any player (minus Okkas, who cant score even with no goalkeeper) can score on any keeper that is the nature of the game and the REALITY. It just depends on their shot, position circumstances.....if a ball swings in from a cross up closs and mixalh gets a clean head on it it will rip a hole in the net regardless of what jackass is in goal.....

Archived