Phantis Forums

The Remaining matches

HOLLYWOOD

I reckon we will win it or lose it in Toumba!

Obviously the derby's are a must win and with home advantage! that goes without saying

but in my opinion its in Toumba - Olympiakos came away with a draw but we will need 3 points from there!

it's all open, because no team has shown dominance.... in theory, PAO should get it since it has OLY, AEK at home, and 5 of 8 there too.... But, anything can happen...

The good thing is that we control our future, since we're tied for first...

Another problem is that our team has alot of pressure (anhos) and it shows.... we have to relax and play our game....

We must beat gavroi in such a way so if we tie we have the advantage... because Touba is going to be a very tough nut to crack...

AEK is more like a cup team...I don't see them as a challenge

There is no excuse for us not to win. I think the manager had a fairly un-complicated task to gel the team and find its strengths, and I think it will really show in the rest of the season.

As for Olympiakos, if they didnt have so many fluke points i would of pipped them for relegation, they played very well pre-christmas, but now there a team who dont know if there coming or going. I watched them against Newcastle KE AKAMEN TIN HELLAS RESILEE!!!!

AEK is the true opponent we must beat, there team spirit is next to none, but I think we have the obvious advantage of playing them at home. Pao should lift the trophy, Olym will probably finish third, but dont under-estimate AEK for lifting an unforgettable double.

There is no excuse for us not to win. I think the manager had a fairly un-complicated task to gel the team and find its strengths, and I think it will really show in the rest of the season.

As for Olympiakos, if they didnt have so many fluke points i would of pipped them for relegation, they played very well pre-christmas, but now there a team who dont know if there coming or going. I watched them against Newcastle KE AKAMEN TIN HELLAS RESILEE!!!!

AEK is the true opponent we must beat, there team spirit is next to none, but I think we have the obvious advantage of playing them at home. Pao should lift the trophy, Olym will probably finish third, but dont under-estimate AEK for lifting an unforgettable double.

let me state this right now even though Olympiakos is in 3rd place currently

they won't finish at that position in season's end

unfortunately Olympiakos doesn't control its own destiny here

b/c if they are to win out the rest of their games

AEK does the same they win the title

but thats why we play the games

also do remember i have pointed this out before

Olympiakos has already played Paok in Toumba and AEK

Pao hasn't

and Pao hasn't played Olympiakos yet and that day will be coming soon

Guest Protathlitis

As for Olympiakos, if they didnt have so many fluke points i would of pipped them for relegation

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

this is the worst post ever written in these forums

as if Osfp is somehow the club who doesent play good football which deserves to win games but cant finish chances and is if OSFP is the club to fluke points this season

and for god sake this is coming from a gay!!! the worst shitty football playing, point fluking club in our league

I know you joking but its not funny unless your being sarcastic and making a point about your own shitty club.....is that what your doing?

our own shitty club...haha...see you in leoforo megale..let the football do the talking and right now it looks as though we are in first...just keep that in mind...this trash talking everyone is doing is ridiculous..are we two years old everyone??

Im with nightsurfer. I tend not to get involved in other team's forums but I was curious to see the vazeles' opinion on this matter.

Dont disrespect my team.....we have worked hard all year and deserve our spot and deserve to be treated with respect. Cup challenge e;

For the record, I think you hold the box seat because of the two home derbies, but the double edge-sword says that a derby is a derby and anything can happen.

7 weeks is a long long time......I cant see us beating Xalki let alone knowing what we are going to do in 5 weeks time.

Im with nightsurfer. I tend not to get involved in other team's forums but I was curious to see the vazeles' opinion on this matter.

Dont disrespect my team.....we have worked hard all year and deserve our spot and deserve to be treated with respect. Cup challenge e;

For the record, I think you hold the box seat because of the two home derbies, but the double edge-sword says that a derby is a derby and anything can happen.

7 weeks is a long long time......I cant see us beating Xalki let alone knowing what we are going to do in 5 weeks time.

i can see aek being a thorn on Pao's side once again during league play

but Olympiakos needs to care of its own business first off

Well, the future hasn't happened yet... so, we'll see! I don't underestimate your team, AEKtzides... I'm estimating..even! Besides, many of your players and your coach have stated that they're not aiming for the championship.... This could be a tactic, you may argue, but I think you should be happy finishing 2nd, and thus getting a CL spot. And, if I were you, I'd seriously go after the cup as the most attainable goal this season! Good luck mates.

You see the aim is about the next 7 games. The aim for us is to build and gel a team that plays consistently FREQUENTLY. Ok we beat Ergotelis convincingly, but if we go and play like dogs with Xalki, then we acheived nothing. You see consistency will bring trophies (in time). There is no rush. Its no tactic to say "We're not going for the title", its fact. We are going for consistency, for improvement in each performance. If you look after the small things, the rest falls into place.

In every game we are learning.......and we will continue to learn whether we finsih 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

i terms of pressure on the team aek has less than osfp and pao. because of that i think their players are able to play free, because nobody expected them to be in the title challenge this year. pao and osfp have much more pressure since osfp has to get the title back and pao has to defend it. but as it has been said: there are still a lot of matches to play. everything is possible.

i liked the last paparazzi:

paparazzi

it hits the spot once again. :LOL:

You see the aim is about the next 7 games. The aim for us is to build and gel a team that plays consistently FREQUENTLY. Ok we beat Ergotelis convincingly, but if we go and play like dogs with Xalki, then we acheived nothing. You see consistency will bring trophies (in time). There is no rush. Its no tactic to say "We're not going for the title", its fact. We are going for consistency, for improvement in each performance. If you look after the small things, the rest falls into place.

In every game we are learning.......and we will continue to learn whether we finsih 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

I would even say that AEK is the only team that's working long-term... which is unusual for greek teams....

I also believe that AEK, if it continues the current path, will be the team to beat in many years to come. This is not only my opinion, but of Domazos too.... who recently said that AEK today reminds him of PAO of the late 60s.... building on the fundamentals, having stability, improving in every respect, and having players with the RIGHT mentality! And, I don't know what you think of PAO's Wembley achievement, but I think it was indeed a great feat (especially given the resources of Greek football then).... so, likewise, AEK can represent Greece very well in euro play.

I just don't think this year--even with a few games left--AEK can go for the league title. We'll see. I'm an avid PAO fan, but when I see where AEK started from and its myriad of problems, I can always admire a genuine good effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived