• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no way could it be Rommedahl - he signed a 4yr deal

with Charlton last summer and to break that contract Tzigger would

have to offload many Euros.

Anyway, Malezani stated he requires a player similar to the qualities

of Seric on the right and Rommedahl is more offensive minded - great player

but I think he's out of our price range.

I've never seen Kristiansen play so got no opinion of him (though it's

good that he has represented his country).

What I would say is if we don't get a Latin American player I hope

it is someone from Scandinavia with some decent Euro exposure.

These players always give their all with a 100% professional attitude

and mentality ... eg Mykland, Henriksen, Michaelsen

Helveg would be very likley.....esp since he played in Italy..... and nobody seems to want him

I believe he has signed with Borussia in Germany - see link

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?...=336577&cc=3436

Tzigger also mentioned that Flavio will be the 'pappou' of the side

so that definitely rules out Helveg (who's 34).

If the Dane was 6 or 7 yrs younger he'd be a top acquisition.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I also read in a newspaper here in greece that another possible player for the right side is Mendietta. He's too old and i think that Kristiansen would be a much better signing cause from what I hear he's is considered a great talent. Plus I always liked Danish players. Rommendahl might not be as hard to sign as you think because Charlton may have signed him last year but they have financial problems and would consider selling him.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I also read in a newspaper here in greece that another possible player for the right side is Mendietta. He's too old and i think that Kristiansen would be a much better signing cause from what I hear he's is considered a great talent. Plus I always liked Danish players. Rommendahl might not be as hard to sign as you think because Charlton may have signed him last year but they have financial problems and would consider selling him.

GAIZKA MENDIETA! i forgot about him, he was so incredible then he went to Lazio and dropped off the earth......where is he now? He is an amazing player and it would be great to have him on set peices....

I have seen him as I live in Sweden.

He was very good when he played for Halmstad. Has been a Swedish national player for a few years now, and the last two as a regular in the starting lineup. He played as right back in the national team, but is more effective as a winger. He is much better offensively than defensively.

I like him. He is very proffesional, quiet type that does not create problems.

Panathinaikos to Sign up Nilsson

Swedish midfielder Mikael Nilsson was chosen by Alberto Malezani to cover Panathinaikos’ right flank. The 27-year-old footballer played with Southampton last year, while previously he belonged to Halmstads. Nilsson also plays for the Swedish National Team, while last year he participated in all the European Championship matches. Panathinaikso has not announced anything about the player yet, but according to sources, it has entered into negotiations and is close to sealing the deal.

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=9902

He sounds good

I remember in EURO 2004 (what wonderful memories) Sweden reached the quarter finals where they lost to Holland in a penalty shootout. In the first match of the EURO , Swedish right back Lucic got injured and Nilsson replaced him. He then kept that position throughout the EURO. He is not a natural right back, he is more of a right midfielder. In Halmstad , the team he played before going to Southampton, he was right midfielder and team captain. He helped them win the Swedish championship one year and were third the last year, after he left for Southampton.

I read two Swedish newspapers today that both anounced the transfer. They claim that the teams have reached an agreement, and that he will come to Athens tomorrow for the medicals.

Nilsson stated that PAO gives him the chance to get that regular national team position back. He is very happy to move to Greece

Definitely a good signing.

Dont forget Kritikos guys him and Gantsev not to sure of the spelling??

But these two palyers need to slowly be brought into the first team by next season be at least on the bench every game..

With players like tziolis,mantzios, leontiou, kritkos and gantsev the future for greens is looking good and darlas i have always beeen a little skeptical about i think hell just be on of those A Ethniki players who will get a chance at national level like vyndra coz hes playing for PAO!!

Archived