Phantis Forums

PAOK players on strike

Ziaka

PAOK players have decided to strike until Friday, since they have not been paid since Christmas. The apateonas proedros Goumenos promised that the players wouldbe paid last Friday prior to the game with Olympiakos. The players waited until today to see if they would see any money. Since did not, they declared a strike.

We have another Batatoudis on our hands. And this guy wants to build a new Toumba. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

I never realized P.A.O.K. had financial problems of this magnitude. I could never figure out how teams are allowed to bring in new players during a transfer period when they can't even pay players on their current rosters.

what the hell is going on with not paying the players any salary since christmas. Just when the team is begining to click and play well paok has a payroll prblem .

Hopefully they'll get paid friday and its not totally out of control again.

Damn that's pathetic. Goumenos is another Batatoutidis...

I think Goumenos is worse. When Batatoudis first came to PAOK he put in some money. However Goumenos came to PAOK without any money. He is seeing PAOK as a chance to become rich using the team.

I think in the PAOK will enter the arthro 44. Something that Anastasiadis predicted few months ago.

Players are back at practice today. They are awating the next move by Goumenos tommorrow. If they are not paid they will stop practices on Friday and Saturday, and will show up directly in Crete for the game with Ergotelis.

Yet another example of how this club's admin is so out of place and really don't know the first thing about how to run a club effectively. What a fool.

Goumenos is going to run this club into the ground. That is, if he hasn't done so already. We don't know the full picture yet.

The 'Arthro 44' option is wrong. But it looks like they'll probably end up using it in the end. Brutal times my friends.

The players today expected some payments, but once again Goumenos did not deliver. The players finished the practice after being urged by the coach not to abandon do it. The players gave another ultimatum, which is next Tuesday. if they don't get paidf by then, they will resume their absence from practice.

Man this sucks. Pay the players for f*ck sake!!!

The players got paid today by Goumenos. After today's practice, 320,000 Euro was distributed among the players. Last Friday 90,000 Euro was distributed to some players, which means that the Goumenos distributed around 410,000 Euro out of the 1,200,000 Euro that is owed to them.

Archived