Phantis Forums

Gonzales gets a 2 match ban from UEFA

athinaios

I just heard that our bad boy got an additional 2 game ban from euro play next season because Gonzo didn't leave the pitch right away when he was red-carded, and moved agressively towards a Seville player....

What's up with this kid? PAO has to do something about it. I like his game, and he can help, but his behavior is hurting PAO, and NO ONE is bigger than our team!

They should discipline him somehow. At the very least he shouldn't get paid for the matches he misses due to his stupidity....

What do you think guys?

PS> speaking of non-productive players... the situation with Sanmartean has to be resolved... I really don't like having a player who can't contribute (for whatever reason)...... what is he up to?

I don't know about the 2-game ban from UEFA, but considering the game was televised, and 1st-person takes (from PAO fans who went to the game) could be biased, there's no way to prove whther he really deserved a 2-game ban. Noone has a video fo the incident do they? If anything, it should be that Gonzalez can't play in PAO's 1st European game next year as a result of the red card. That seems fair.

They really should try to sell Sanmartean or at least try to loan him out for about 6 months to see if this kid really has any talent. As for Olisidebe, we should keep him, he's still got some good years left (he's in his late 20's) and we know what's he capable of when he is healthy (alot!)

I don't know about the 2-game ban from UEFA, but considering the game was televised, and 1st-person takes (from PAO fans who went to the game) could be biased, there's no way to prove whther he really deserved a 2-game ban. Noone has a video fo the incident do they? If anything, it should be that Gonzalez can't play in PAO's 1st European game next year as a result of the red card. That seems fair.

I think they dont go by video footage alot anyway, its the ref's and fourth officials report of the match that i think will determine whether gonzales is banned or not. And i'm sure there must be some cameras on the pitch, its not really possible not to.

I think its really stupid to have a ban in 7 months time. i mean can't UEFA see the fact that the dissapointment of going out of the cup be ban enough?

I think the ban applies to all UEFA competition so it should apply to the qualifiers as well.

Gonzalez is a bit of a loose cannon at the moment. I dont think UEFA relied on video footage for the ban.

Ti fobatai o PROEDROS kai o Tzigger?

Mhpws fobhsoun ton Eki kai fygei...?

...kai xasoun to malama?..

Tria gkol ebgale ola ki' ola ...

kai merikes kinhseis me thn mpalla pou ap' autes

O Mimhs mas ekane ntouzina se kathe paixnidi...

Gia pio hgeth milane?

O Mimhs oute kitrinh den eixe parei ...

htan megalh alepou o Mimhs...panexypnos paikths...

kai foberos texnitis...

O Eki..gia na fainetai olo auto to theatro ...

prepei nanai poly m#$%!S...

kai arketa KOUTOS...

oi exypnoi anthrwpoi den akougontai...

An einai etsi oi hgetes; Poios thelei tetoiou hgetes shmera;

Ante na baloune thn mpalla katw kai na akolouthisoune sisthma

kai na thn dinoun thn mpalla me thn MIA...

kai na xeroun pou tha paei h mpalla prin thn akoumpisoun...

oxi na apofasizoun pou tha paei h mpalla meta...

...dioti opws pane etsi...

mexri ton epomeno Fofonka na xyrizei to dokari...

apo mesa auth thn fora...

kai meta tha trexoune kai then tha ftanoune...

PAO FOR EVER :box:

As min poume kai O Eki den exei talento. Apo mpala xerei to paidi, kinietai sto ghpedo, mporei na stili tin mpala me ti mia gia epithesei, exei mualo gia mpala, einai kai ligo texnitis ki olas.

All nai symfono den einai kai exipno paidi

hgetis ton kaname kai oute misos hgetis einai....theo ton kaname otan pirame tin metagrafi kai mas gamei....as skeftoume ligo an kalo h zhmia tha mas kanei sto xrono

i forgot to say that it wasn't a video... it was the refs reports that burned him. UEFA said that any player who gets a red card should leave the pitch immediately.... Gonzo, according to the reports by 2 refs, argued with the ref, and with other Seville players....

UEFA said it was not only unsportsmanlike behavior but also because at that point the situation was tense and could have deteriorated rapidly by Gonzo's actions.....

Look, if you have a sport to protect you cut the problem as soon as it arises, not like in the greek league that there is no credibility.... I don't blame UEFA, although I think the ref shouldn't have given him the red, Gonzo, like any other professional who gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, should know better.

And, if it weren't this instance, he should have beeen thrown out in the first game in Leoforos where he clearly deserved the red for checking a Seville players...

GOnzo should be fined and discliplined and should have to explain his actions, to management. I saw the tackle it was bad,,,he obviously slid in like a trelameno,,,,and well he got what he deserved. Pae need to put this player back in shoes, cause hes costing us. He left us gimni agaisnt olymoiakos.and sevilla, its not good enough,,afterall he is suppose to be,,2nd choice captain. What a great role model :la: :la:

Archived