Phantis Forums

filippakos

CH-Thrylos

i am curious if this kid is really good. since i havent seen him playing at all i cant judge him. but since the red papers are making such a noiz about him, like being a improved version of stelios i wonder how good he is.

does anybody in here have a better picture of him and has him seen playing? how good is he? does he have the potential to become a good player?

pao123: I don't know much of Philippakos or your backround, what level are we talking about back in the states ? Colleagant ?

Anyways, the only time I've seen him play was this past weekened with Chalkidona. The first thing that was evident, is he is rather quick. His pressing was very nice, and reached very deep into Chalkidonas goal.

On the ball, he seemed rather natural with it good movement, and he had a prettry decent vision of the feild. On some occasions though he tried to do too much, but thats natural for a lad that wants to prove his worth.

I particularly liked one play with his backed turned on the right and being makred closely, flicked it over chalkidonas defender, cut inside and with the ball still in the air makes a dead straight center with another defender in his face in which turned to be the first goal.

I really do believe the potential is there and I trust in Dusan and the rest of the coaching staff in molding this guy not only to become the next stelios, but even better.

Hopefully everythings goes well, I see this guy giving us lots of great moments in the future.

i played him in club ball...he played in new york for some team hewlitt something or other...i forget the name...i had missed an easy chance and screamed in greek and he came up to me and started speaking to me...he was quite a friendly guy...after the game we talked for two minutes and that was all...i was kind of impressed with his skill..he was a good/solid player and stoodout a fair bit...he had a good partnership with this black guy cameron or something..the guys worked well together but i didnt think that either of them would make it to european ball...i am acouple years younger then those guys and this was like 4 or so years ago so who knows what has changed...

all in all Philipakos does have potential right

is he worth the wait and time ??

u say he is quick to the ball and does have good awareness

does he have a good shot ???

is how long passes accurate??

was he born in United States and if so does he take up the 5 limit rule for any player outside of Europe??

Guest Protathlitis

hes not that young; 22 or 23 I think

He was ok but his technique left a bit to be desired........pao123 or someone, can he play more of midfield winger role?

thats something we need on the left

For the first time he was participated in an official game (I don't know about friendly matches but I doubt Bajevic used him even there, at least not for more than a few minutes). he did very well I think. He is quite fast, good dribbler and his lost chance shows skillful finishing (imo, it was the experience of the goalkeeper that prevented him for scoring a VERY nice goal in Giovanni style).

What I didn't like is that he doesn't seem fit enough for continuous pressing. But I may be wrong. Anyway, I think this guy has a lot of potential.

Pao123, Bajevic may have positively affected this guy to the extent of making him worth of participating in european games. Now you know that, by slipping Bajevic's attention, you lost a great opportunity in your professional career and a chance to become gavros :)

22 years old.... so he is still considered a young talent. it is a pitty that in greece there is not that much trust in the players skills like in other european leagues. in france, the uk, spain, italy etc. these players get a lot of play time already. this would be one thing that has to change in greece, so that our football makes some more steps into the right direction.

Pao123, Bajevic may have positively affected this guy to the extent of making him worth of participating in european games. Now you know that, by slipping Bajevic's attention, you lost a great opportunity in your professional career and a chance to become gavros :)

even if that was my only chance at football, i still wouldnt become a gavro :D

He is reffering to the Armenian Hovanisian.

His contract beigsins this summer, he even played with us in our match against the omada neon and scored a goal. Word on the street is Dusan is very impressed, and considering his father is also the owner of the top club in Armenia, Im sure he'll see some playing time. :P

D'akol has been ver y impressive as well in my opinion, look for him to develop much for next year. (hopefully)

Archived