Phantis Forums

Best N. American satellite dish for soccer?

Which satellite dish is best for soccer (not Greek soccer, but Champions League (ex. so I could have the choice of watching any game I want on gameday), English league, Italian league, German league, Spanish league, the whole deal...

How's DirectTV? What about Dish Network?

If you exclude the Greek soccer, than DirecTV and Dish are the same as they both carry the exclusively soccer channels such as Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel.

Something to watch for in the future though are two channels hat are not being carried by any of them. It will be interesting to see which satellite provider will be the first one to carry ESPN Deportes, which carries a lot of CL games. Another thing to watch for is the long promised Setanta Channel. recently there were rumors that the Setanta Channel will become available this summer on DirecTV.

When Sentanta and ESPN Deportes actually comes out and is available to the public, that's when you're going to see alot of favoritisms towards what to get. At the moment I know that CL and UEFA are the things to view and the Fox Sports Soccer Channel does a good job on covering those games.

Just my opinion.

Which satellite dish is best for soccer (not Greek soccer, but Champions League (ex. so I could have the choice of watching any game I want on gameday), English league, Italian league, German league, Spanish league, the whole deal...

How's DirectTV? What about Dish Network?

you might also want to check out RAI International if you subscribe to the channel you can watch live Serie A games on Sunday mornings and then they have a pretty cool highlight show called 90 Minuto. I know in the past they also used to show Live Uefa cup games with Italian teams etc.

Archived