Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE-Albania

Ziaka

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that correct? If we beat them wont we have the advantage on games between us since we brought the tie in the Ukraine ?

I thought the tiebreaker worked with goal difference, and then if tied after that, head to head record is looked at, or maybe it's head to head record first and then goal difference.

I thought the tiebreaker worked with goal difference, and then if tied after that, head to head record is looked at, or maybe it's head to head record first and then goal difference.

1. head-to-head record

2. head-to-head goal difference

3. head-to-head goals scored (if 3 teams tie)

4. general goal difference

Group Two

OVERALL HOME AWAY

P W D L F A W D L F A W D L F A Pts GD

Ukraine 7 5 2 0 12 3 2 1 0 4 1 3 1 0 8 2 17 9

Greece 7 4 2 1 12 6 3 1 0 7 2 1 1 1 5 4 14 6 :box:

Turkey 7 3 3 1 13 7 2 1 1 7 4 1 2 0 6 3 12 6

Denmark 7 2 3 2 10 7 1 2 0 5 2 1 1 2 5 5 9 3

Albania 7 2 0 5 3 11 1 0 2 2 5 1 0 3 1 6 6 -8 :LOL:

Georgia 6 1 2 3 8 13 1 1 2 7 10 0 1 1 1 3 5 -5

Kazakhstan 5 0 0 5 2 13 0 0 2 1 3 0 0 3 1 10 0 -11

Remember when red army did this to us in round 1 with his little friends?? :nono:

A good win but a bit of a mixed performance. Some very good plays though, and some unluckiness there! Albania were absolutely terrible; 11 players in front of the goal is not the way to play this game.He should have brought in Amanatidis and Gekas earlier; what was Gekas supposed to do w/ 3 minutes remaining? I'm confident we'll beat Turkey.

We got the win, which was the objective. We were unfortunate in not adding more but it matters not. Unfortunalty both Ukraine and Turkey did their dues as well, but at least Denmark is out of the picture and it's a 3 way run for the moment. Ukraine though didnt look great at all with the Danes and were really lucky to win as they where being pressed throughout the match.

It's going to be a burner in the City with Turkey, and Zagorakis will surely be missed with his empeiria.

ELLAS !

PS: HellenicFront, leave the politics and other issues aside or put them to good use in the other forums.

anyone else noticing that otto might have phased out fyssas?

i don't think so, I think if Otto chooses to play 3 defenders instead of 4 like the last 2 games, then Fyssas is just the odd man out, I mean you need a sweeper (Dellas/Kats) 2 man-marking defenders (Kapsis,Kyrgiakos or Goumas). Should he choose a backline of 4 then we'll see Fyssas i'm certain, don't forget how good he was against Denmark.

as for tadays game, i think there was a spark missing, the first-half was all on the Albanian side of the field but the only goal was from a set piece and that shot by Vryzas off the bar was after a poor clearance by the defender. but i think Basinas was very influential in the first and Kyrgiakos played amazing except for that silly high kick but at least you can't complain about Nikopolidis, he had no work to do today.

i had the priviledge to watch the game

i mean i can't be satisfied anymore with the way we played today

we totally dominated the game from the out set

i don't know wut some of u in here are complaining about

i mean we could have scored 7 goals in this game only of being unlucky didn't allow that

we also did have a goal turned back due to offsides

we had 70% of possession

we did look lack luster in the first 20 mins of the second half but we picked it up

Basinas looked good with the touch on his ball

Charisteas was all over

Vryzas hit the post missed another chance and seted up teh Karagounis goal

Zagorakis looked pretty normal today

Kyrigiakos played real well till that Yellow card that almost ended being a penalty kicks

Karagounis won so many fouls today

i know he doesn't play much in Inter but he did learn some nbew tricks

his acting on was pretty good lol

overall good game enjoy the win don't criticize

Turkey we are coming

does anybody know who would replace Zagorakis in the lineup

BRAVO ELLAS#1

It's an up hill fight against turkey, especially now that we don't have our captain. Greece need to atleast draw against them. After the confederations cup and then ukraine, not a moment of rest for our team. Let's hope none of our players die at the worthless confederations cup. <_<

how can any of u think about a draw here

Granted our captain will be missing for this huge game

but his spirit will be with us

we haven't played a game w/o him since i can remember but our team is really a team

we do not depend on one single player we work as a unit

we have looked great since the first goal we gave up in the Georgia game

the formation as work wonders

Turkey gets a 5-2 win today and were suppose to go in their for a draw

###### taht s%$#! were going for the win

Your'e right olympiakos11 we can definetely shake them up in constantinople they didnt look that great against albania they looked real shaky the score didnt do justice to their performance....Turkey is NOTHING compared to the substance that we possess in our team which we have shown the last 5 games...Guys were on a roll and were heading to GERMANY!!! :box:

P.s Hey were doing a lot better than some of the "superpowers".....France...Spain....and were in a tougher group :tup:

Well, with Zagorakis out for the Turkey match, I can see Otto going with more of a "defensive" formation. He might just go with the standard 4-4-2 with Vryzas and Charisteas up front, Karagounis, Giannakopoulos, Basinas, and Katsouranis in the middle, and Fyssas, Dellas, Kapsis, and Seitaridis in the back.

Although I am a bit surprised that Tsiartas hasn't gotten any playing time. Is he injured or is there just no room for him?

so who is expected to take up the role of Zagorakis

Basinas or Katsouranis

i can see one of the two taking over

Basinas with his experience and touch on the ball

Katsouranis much younger and becoming better

i wouldn't change the formation it controls the game

hopefully we have dellas back by then

i know Turkey has good strikers so maybe it would be wise to go with 4 back

but this new formation has transformed the team

more creativity on the offensive end and ball possession

we control the game

plus going into Turkey maybe a very tough thing to do but not like we can't get 3 points

do remember Ukraine did beat Turkey in Turkey 3-0

why can't we beat them in their own back yard ]

settling for anything less then 3 points is not acceptable

Ellas#1

So from 5 remaining games Greece will only win 2 huh? And Ukraine will win ALL the remaining games including the one in Athens!!! Ok you convinced me!!!! :P

But the only thing that strikes me most on your realistic calculations is how will Denmark with 5 remaining games and 9 points so far will end up having 26 points!!! :LOL: Do you know how to work a calculator?

So from 5 remaining games Greece will only win 2 huh? And Ukraine will win ALL the remaining games including the one in Athens!!! Ok you convinced me!!!! :P

But the only thing that strikes me most on your realistic calculations is how will Denmark with 5 remaining games and 9 points so far will end up having 26 points!!! :LOL: Do you know how to work a calculator?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well so what if our captain is out, so what if we're playing away in Istanbul or whatever you prefer to call it, we have enough depth on the bench to cover up.

I would love to see Tsartas start agaisnt Turkey, don't bother fielding a defensive midfield we need to do an all out attack,:box: and if we're wining then Tsartas should get subed off cuz he won't last the whole game. Maybe Karagounis can switch over to the right and Tsartas play in his place or something, his left foot isn't bad, remember free kick vs. Ukraine and he played in a left foot ball for Stelios to score in the first Albania game. I say this because I don't see Ukraine droping points @ home to Kazahkstan.:box:

Who do you guys think is going to wear the captain's armband? my bet is Vryzas, like in the Denmark game after Theo was subed. did you also notice against Denmark we were wearing the white shirt with blue shorts, usually it's all blue or all white whats up with that? <_<

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Watched the game with other 55 Greeks ( Gosh..they smoked like Turks...and my clothes stunk... when I m coming home ..I put the clothes outside and I always take a shower)

What I saw....

I saw a very mature Greek side...especially in the defense play... Very well organised....Hat off.....

After 70 minutes ..when they were tired... the Albanians had some space...and created 2 chances..... But no shoot or header on Goal.....

I was really amazed about the solid performance of the Greek Side.... (Till 70 minute)..

They controlled the game like Flight Guides soberly kept the ball by their side ... and scored casually 2 goals to take the 3 points .... Bravo Greece

Although after 70 minutes they lost a bit control.... and in Football things can change fast. (There I was worrying a bit the Albanians could land a lucky-punch for the equaliser)

Against the Turks 2 - 3 days ago the Albanians had much more chances...to score... I mean clear chances...hit also the post....and the Referee should have given them even a sure Penalty Kick against the Turks....

This says all about our team...... Therefore I m not afraid against the Turks....

I think Zagorakis place will be taken by Katsouranis and I hope Dellas is back as a sweeper....

Euro 2004 was not a coincidence....

Bravo to Rehhagel...

to the end it will end cosi.  Ukraina 32 p Denmark 26p Greece 20p Turkey 18p Albania 15p Georgia 5p Kasakistan 0p.

:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

Greece  Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :tdown:  :tdown:

oso nuxtonei ....

the rest edited for content....

Posted Image

YOU LOST HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH :LOL: :LOL:

nice calculations too.....they work out fine!

More remarks edited as being borderline racially discriminating

whats up with otto :huh:

subing 2 players in the 90th min. :huh: :la: :la:

when will he actually think of subing a little before and let amanatidis play man!

he should had subed vryzas in halftime with amanatidis.

im waiting for next game :gr:

Archived