• real madrid 56'-60'
    • inter 64'-65'
    • ajax 71'-73'
    • liverpool 77'-85'
    • milan 89'-90'
    • ajax 95'
    • juventus 96'
    • bayern.m 2001'

If we judged them within their own time period, there would be no doubt: nobody dominated European football the way Real did in the late 1950's.

But even in absolute terms I am not sure if any team since, could face a club with Gento running down the wing, Puskas unleashing the most lethal left foot ever seen in football stadia and Di Stefano handling the ball, directing his teammates and almost taunting and challenging anyone to come near him...

since i am quite young to know the older teams and my interest in football started in the early ninetees i just have to vote for ajax' 95 team. i just loved that team. most of the players very young and hot on getting titles combined with some expierienced players. most of them are now playing for some of the biggest clubs in europe.

kluivert, van der saar (in his great days), litmanen, davids, reiziger, de boer brothers, ... :nw: :tup:

i remember our highschool class sitting all in a pub and adoring their skills. for me it was one of the best teams ever.

i also liked monaco very much during the time henry and trezeguet were playing together. imaginge them playing together again. i'd say they would be one of the hottest attacking duos in our days.

Archived