Phantis Forums

AEK-Gries

Original Melbourne 21

Brothers......

That time has come again where we set sail on another party and hopefully another win. Coming off two draws we really need to get back on track with 3 points here. Closer to home, the Dickens was rocking for the Cup tie with PAO as we sang and celebrated in style.....we hope to back that up with a solid performance this week as we have our first Saturday night game on TV.

Date: Sunday 20th Feb (Sat night/sunday morning)

Time: 4:30am (A Greece-Denmark replay may be shown if we go at around 2am)

Place: Charles Dickens Tavern :: 290 Collins St Melbourne (Betw. Elizabeth & Swanston Sts)

We hope to see everyone down there enjoying a beverage and hopefully a goal-fest.

ORIGINAL 21 Melbourne

good win, Katsouranis was impressive for one more time, he's earned that captains band. what a great header for the second goal !

iraklis though has a nice little squad operating under kofidis, they missed some good chances themselves (lets not forget they were up too) when the game was 1-1.

btw: kostas kapetanios is one kolopaido thats for sure. how old are kiriakidis and cesar just out of curiosity ? 22 and 24 right ? im just too lazy to search at the moment.

Paidia mipos fetos eiste ligo kolofardoi? Mipos o Iraklis itan safos kaluteros (oute o Ergotelis h o Panathinaikos-se duo match- na itane)? :blink:

Halali gia tin foveri prospatheia pou kanete kai gia tin voitheia stin omada sas!

Alla ta pramata na ta leme me to onoma tous... :hypocrite:

I tuhi voithaei touis tolmirous!!

Shouldn't Xiotis come out of his line

Possibly.. I would have to see it again to make sure.. but no defender was even close to marking the attacker so i eythinei prepei na pesei ekei.

Paidia mipos fetos eiste ligo kolofardoi?

Sigoura i tyxi exei kapoio rolo alla to oti ta perisotera gol pou bazoume fetos erxontai meta to 70 prepei na sou leei kati kai gia tin fisiki katastasi tis omadas kai tin thelisi ton paixton.

For the unbiased: (As I m biased on this subject) :whistle:

Shouldn't Xiotis come out of his line....and catch this soft cross 5,5 meters off his goalline......when Iraklis scored ?

Nah, not this time...

The ball strolled through 3 AEK defenders who totally failed to stop it, besides failing to mark rhe final recepient and scorer

katsouranis is playing above his own ability!

I disagree.. I think last year was a bad year for him and this year hes playing like he did 2 years ago when he was one of the best greek players in the league. He is a great DM, solid defensively, a very good option to bring the ball up, and he is scoring (8 goals so far). When he is on the ethniki he does not need to do everything for the team (like he does for AEK - he has carried us for more than a few games this year) because there are other class players in the midfield and he is usually playing as a defender. I personally cant think of a better all around player greek player playing in greece at the moment.

Den ftaei o Xiotis yia to gol kai a3ize na fonazei opws ekane se olous. Thumbs down to the defence.

With Ergotelis upset win, we are funnily enough in the mix. This season is comical. 19 games gone and we are 3rd, 3 points behind. Could not have asked for a better performance from the boys.

But the real test starts here with Kallithea. 3 away wins with 6 draws this season. We are going to be tested to see if we can get a big win here.

Archived