Phantis Forums

WCQ: Georgia - GREECE

Ziaka

The next World Cup qualifying game for the NT is against Georgia on Martch 26, 2005 at the Boris Paichadze Stadium in Tbilisi.

Another must win game for the NT. We can't afford to drop points in this game. It will not be easy, but if we play like we did in the first half of the Denmark game, we should be able to come out with the 3 points.

Four days later we play Albania at Karaiskaki.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These 2 games have DANGER written all over them.

Georgia is no joke at home, and many NT's have dropped points there. We need to score their quickly, and lock them in their back. Hopefully we do that when the score is 0-0 and not like we did in Tirana.

As for the home game with Albania, as long as we shutdown their forwards like Tare for instance, I have no worries about us scoring on that defense. Anyone see the ALB-UKR match ? Exactly.

These 2 games have DANGER written all over them.

Georgia is no joke at home, and many NT's have dropped points there. We need to score their quickly, and lock them in their back. Hopefully we do that when the score is 0-0 and not like we did in Tirana.

As for the home game with Albania, as long as we shutdown their forwards like Tare for instance, I have no worries about us scoring on that defense. Anyone see the ALB-UKR match ? Exactly.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY... You are soo right w/ the danger part.

It seems like it to me that when we play at team that we're "supposed to beat" we choke..

EX: The Russia game during last summer (2-1) Loss, The Game in Albania (2-1) (Loss)

Don't get me wrong everyone, I want our team to succeed and succeed great. But this is why and how we don't get the respect that we do from other powerhouse Nations.

King Otto has to get these guys ready for these 2 games as if they are going to be the last 2 games for Group play and they are must wins. We need to win no matter what. The Danes are going to bounce back from their loss and will contend w/ us for the 2nd spot. Ukraine is not going to stop winning till they clinch the 1st spot, and finally Turkey.... Well we know the turks, we've already played them in Greece and we have to travel to Instanbul to play them there.

It's a tough group, and I'm nervous as hell come March time. I just hope that our boys will make us proud once again....

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

When the groups 1st game out both these games (+ Kazahstan) were an automatic 3 points (with possibly a draw). This obviously isin't the case. Greece used it's one ######-up game in albania :tdown: :angry: , and with the way the group is playing I doubt they'll get another one. I'm surprised how well Georgia :blink: is playing considering I know no one who is on that team. It'll be tough no doubt, but we must score quickly (and often) and our defense (notably Nikopolidis) can't screw up :unsure:. I think we'll pull out a win, but not without a big increase in everyone's blood pressure :( :LOL: . 2-0 Ellas :gr: :D !

As for Albania in Pireaus, I'll go 2-0 again. We just blew the Tirana game off and half-assed it. Everyone on this board know's it. Besides, Our defense will probably/hopefully be at full strength (we didn't have Dellas 1st game), we're at home (aparently not to drakos13 for some reason), the stakes couldn't be much higher, and it's a rivalry game (in my opinion, along w/ Turkey) :box: .

Re Greece is back!!!

2-0 looks good to me  :tup:

P.S cant wait til the Albania match!! what happened to our Albanian friends who joined to make fun of us for losin to em???

Hollywood,

Lets not get that started w/ the Albanians.

The best thing to do here is to show what we got and who we are on the field first, and THEN talk the walk.

Iralndos had anohter great pint about all those guys playing in Europe and they are VERY aware of Internation soccer.

I see a close scoreline 1-0 w/ Vryzas goal. (Too bad we really might not see Amanatidis on this match - He could make a difference in this game I think if he gets the chance)

This is a very crucial game for Greece. Georgia is an under-rated team.

1. They drew with the Turks in Istanbul

2. They drew with Denmark at home.

2 very good results.

The only way were going to win is to play attacking football (like 1st half of the Denmark game) if we under estimate Georgia they will punish us.

Early prediction Greece 2-0 ( after a slow start)

Can't Wait, can we find out what place will be broadcasting the game.

:gr:

any information on what channels these games will be on? i went to soccertv.com and it said directv pay per view and greece was listed under there. What is that all about?

It will most likely be at local bars through Setanta Sports, who have the rights. If they feel that there is not enough nterest, they might pass it along to Teleantenna Sports. Either way it will end up being available at your local bars for $ 20.

the game is in a month and half of time

alot can happen then

we saw that we were not a 100% v Denmark but still managed to win the game

obviously playing away is a lot tougher

but we are a seasoned and veteran team

and lets not worry about Albania first b/c if we do then we won't get the win v Georgia

my thinking is Georgia will look to push the tempo and pressure and try to score early b/c Greece tends to give up goals early rather than later

so counter attacking will be key

i think it would be great to have Charisteas and Amanatidis up front

especially amantidis who have speed and is better suited for counter attacking

Vryzas wil be great coming of the bench in my view

he is a veteran and knows the conditions of the game so subbing won't be a problem

again it's all up to the midfield to create chances

they did a great job in the first half of denmark game

second half went down considerably of course do to alot from Zagorakis and karagounis being taken off

i know Albania is right after this fixture and we all want revenge but we must be patient and deal with Georgia

we need to respect our opponent if we are to win

if we don't we will be suprised and King Otto knows that so he will really push it to their heads to remember that they are a quality opponent espeically being at their ground

so let's just take care of business and pick up 3 points that is the goal here the win at all cost

Hear me now everyone!

GREECE will top the group and won't have to enter the playoff to qualify for the world cup. Call me crazy! But it will happen... :P

your not crazy

your just being positive

and we maybe 6 points out of First

but do remember Ukraine has played 1 more game than us

so if we pick up on that one game with win then 3 point difference

with Ukraine coming to Greece and we all remember wut we did last time to them 1-0 with an 85th min goal i think

where we should have won this game by alot

plus Ukraine was up early in our group in European qualifying along with Spain

in other words Ukraine are chokers

but Georgia should be in our minds first off

were gonna flex our power in the next two games and win!!!

2-0, 2-0

easier said then done

do i think Ellas will win

i really hope so

but this game scares me a bit b/c its under our radar screen

alot of ppl are bypassing this game and worried about the game v Albania

we have won a couple of games in a row and thats great but we can't afford to take a step back

we are hunting for the 1st place so we need to worry about Georgia and being technically sound and man marking is to be crisp

we haven't left the friendly confines of Karaiskaki for a while now

we need to just keep moving towards to the top

Listen ###### Albania now

we have to worry about Georgia

Georgia game is important wiht a win it keeps us in 2nd place and striking distance of first place

key here worry about Georgia and after the game we can start killing on the Albanians

• 3 weeks later...

Listen ###### Albania now

we have to worry about Georgia

Georgia game is important wiht a win it keeps us in 2nd place and striking distance of first place

key here worry about Georgia and after the game we can start killing on the Albanians

YES YOU HAVE TO WORRY :LOL:

YES YOU HAVE TO WORRY :LOL:

well i think Georgia should be more worried then Greece

b/c if Georgia loses they will have not shot in making to the wc

if Greece blows it they still have a good chance to get in

but the pressure is on both teams

Greece is already used to that pressure

question is can Georgia handle it ???

Archived