Phantis Forums

Basinas dropped from national team

Green

It seems that otto has dropped basinas from the squad to face Denmark next month. This does not surprise me, as his performance on club level has been below par.

Maybe its a good thing to get his career back on track. Because it seems his ego is too big for club and national level.

Guest Protathlitis

what????????????????????????????????

where did you get this from? are you saying this because you saw the list of foreign players called up? hasnt otto so far only called up foreign players? I dont htink thats right

I want Basinas to get called up and I want him to start too

I'm not sure if anything has been said in Greece... but i dont remember a transfer window being open and Basinas not opening talks with a premiership side... last Jan it was liverpool, last jun it was portsmoth and this window he's been involed with Portsmoth, Barcelona, I mean, pardon my ignorance, but is his heart really for Panathinaikos? and if not could this be a massive factor affecting his form?

regardless if his form hasnt been that great as of late, which in most part is because he is injured and has been playin with pain killer shots, he should start against denmark no matter what assuming he is fit..and there is no way you can compare katsourani to basina in my opinion, if you just watch taht Russia game from teh Euro or the whole Euro i thought he was the worst player out of the whole line up

Guest Protathlitis

the russia game was a strange one, nobody played well really

Katsouranis had an awesome tournament but Basinas had an even better one. In this next games Id like to see Basinas start and katsouranis to come on later on with some fresh legs and reinforcements all over the field cos hes so versatile

This is the list:

The coach of the Greek team called on 14 players who compete in foreign teams: Michalis Kapsis (Bordeaux), Traianos Dellas (Roma), Thodoros Zagorakis (Bologna), Giorgos Karagounis (Inter), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton), Vasilis Lakis (Crystal Palace), Zisis Vryzas (Thelta), Panagiotis Fyssas (Benfica), Giorgos Seitaridis (Porto), Angelos Charisteas (Ajax), Vasilis Tsiartas (Koln), Kostas Halkias (Portsmouth), Giannis Amanatidis (Kaiserlautern), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers)

P.S i didnt know he had moved to portsmouth??? why isnt it on there site or espn???

This is the list:

The coach of the Greek team called on 14 players who compete in foreign teams: Michalis Kapsis (Bordeaux), Traianos Dellas (Roma), Thodoros Zagorakis (Bologna), Giorgos Karagounis (Inter), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton), Vasilis Lakis (Crystal Palace), Zisis Vryzas (Thelta), Panagiotis Fyssas (Benfica), Giorgos Seitaridis (Porto), Angelos Charisteas (Ajax), Vasilis Tsiartas (Koln), Kostas Halkias (Portsmouth), Giannis Amanatidis (Kaiserlautern), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers)

P.S i didnt know he had moved to portsmouth??? why isnt it on there site or espn???

cuz ESPN is the worst footballing news there is-they are anti football. go to contra.gr is very good, sportime.gr in greek, in english goal.com, uefa.com are good.

ego paratirisa oti apo tote pou pantreutike o Basinas.... ta paei xalia!!

ax autes oi gynaikes......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Protathlitis

illiana, he not out of the squad

Basinas shouldent be dropped because hes played great for the NT since euro. I dont know whats wrong with him at pao but im sure some of you have ideas

Archived