Phantis Forums

AEK-Aigaleo

Original Melbourne 21

This is something that hasnt happened this year, where we are coming off a league loss and Im very curious to see how we will react. Without doubt we were undermanned against Kalamaria but it does not excuse the result in any way. It was a bad loss.....we dont care that we are not on top when we should be, we care that the performance over 90' was our collective worse for the year.

Next is Aigaleo @ home. A day of mixed feelings as we face our old friend Count Ntoumi. Lybe is back (thank god!) but Alvez is out logo kartwn. Malpasa should start left-back with Kostenoglou moving into the middle with Moras.

Santos now has to right a wrong. Playing against Kalamaria with 4 defenders and 6 midfielders was wrong. In his defence, Dr did not warrant another chance, but now with Lybe back we definately need to re-structure and improve dramatically on the crap we served up last week.

Aigaleo wont be easy....and this will be our biggest test to date.

Original I agree with you totally.

Santos to me has been shaky with alot of his tactics and player selections. Without Soares in there to play long ball, it seems he tried to change tactics to a passing game and failed miserably.

I guess I just hope he does not try to "change" the tactics of the team to one he wants instead of one that we can field. He did that at PAO and it really did not go over too well.

Guys dont forget that last week w/ Kalamaria Santos did not have many options due to injuries/cartes. This week will be difficult as well. Ivic, Malbasa, and Sezar have not had enough time to gel w/ the rest of the team so I forsee another long day for us..especially if Assu and Katsourani are off their game like last week. I'll be watching at Byzantio anyways and hoping for the best..I'm also curious to see the new adidas jersey we will be wearing.

Romanian Ilie Dumitrescu has been named as the new coach of Alpha Ethniki side Egaleo FC.

I am sure AEK remembers him just a bit lol

it just adds a lil more spice to the game

i mean both teams tied on opening day 1-1 at Aigaleo

the return leg at OAKA should be a good game

AEK hopes of an undeafted season ended last week by lowly Apollon Kalamarias and we will have to see the teams reaction to that sudden and bad loss

A great win by the boys, not easy, but we got the 3 points and thats what we were after:

AEK pounce as leaders wobble

A hard-fought 1-0 win against Egaleo FC enabled AEK Athens FC to move alongside rivals Panathinaikos FC after the reigning Greek champions were held to a draw.

Hiotis heroics

Konstantinos Katsouranis' close-range header on 50 minutes, following good work from Julio Cesar, proved enough to see off the challenge of Egaleo at the Nikos Goumas stadium. But AEK were also indebted to their goalkeeper, Dionissis Chiotis, who pulled off a number of fine stops to deny Ioannis Chloros and Dimosthenis Manousakis as Egaleo threatened towards the end.

(from uefa.com)

Well, sounds like Hiotis finally came to the party. I didnt see the game, so can someone else comment on how we played, and how hiotis play????

Cheers boys!!!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

Here is my spiel on the game.....I beleive we played well but I beleive our style is slow. The game was not a great spectacle in terms of chances klp but we controlled the play and basically knocked it around and tried to break them down through Krassas and Cesar on the wings but it didnt really work.

Notable highlights:

+ Alvez was in the stand with ORIGINAL

+ Katsouranis went nuts after the goal

+ Xiotis had two shots that went straight at him and he saved them both

+ If we add an in-form Soares to this side..popoppo

+ Malpasa was getting destroyed at left-back

+ Moras is a superstar or is going to be

om21 i would like to add the flair show after 2nd half as a highlight as well as santos not smiling on the pitch one more time hahahaahha.

hiotis was solid not spectacular his starting to get a bit of confidence lets see how he continues.

malbassa losses his marker and position very easy needs to be careful. a olisadebe might have got a draw from us in that situation.

cesar was most dangerous player for aek without having fifnishing touch. he needs time and this should arrive can dribble just needs to calm down and not overdo it sometimes.

Cesar definitely has skills. question is ... does he know how to use them???

And can he make a proper cross?

Xiotis did a good job being shot at. He got hit with the ball both times. Actually its funny... Dumi knows our team and especially Xiotis. Did you see how all of their crosses were HIGH and LOBBED into the middle. Smart move by Dumi. ;)

Malbasa was eaten alive. I hope he was missing a leg for that game and is really not that slow. Jeez.

Hopefully Santos wakes up and plays Moras consistently and we dont see him sitting when Alves gets back.

How many REAL shots did we have in that game? Man you need to SHOOT to score goals.

Don't worry AEKtzides, there will come a day, sometime soon, that Hiotis starts playing better than Galinovic. Because

A. Hiotis is playing better, and had a good performance against Aigaleo

B. Galinovic, decent for now, but he will falter, and Halkias will be missed

C. Hiotis is 1-0 all time against Galinovic head-to-head :LOL:

Archived