Phantis Forums

Upcoming rising Greek youth

AnthonyM

Hi all! I want to compile a list of the rising Greek youth, ideally a top 10 list. People please share your thoughts and opinions, giving reasons on why a certain player should be considered... If feasible, the list should go up at www.footballtransfers.info once completed.

Criteria:

Player cannot be older than 21 by the beginning of 2004/2005 SEASON.

Player can either be of Greek nationality, can play abroad, or be a foreign player playing in Greece.

Some players I had in mind:

The Kapetanos brothers at Iraklis (of who Markarian paid tribute at his farewell interview from Iraklis)

Panagiotis Lagos, already a regular at Iraklis this season at only 19 years of age, which is considered very young (unfortunately :( ) in Greek soccer mentality.

Christos Bourbos, who is gradually breaking his way into the AEK team, and should take advantage of the team's increased amount of injuries to get decent playing time.

Patrik Ogunotso - Ergotelis striker has been target of several clubs (Advantages: Strength, speed?)

Wandse Sikov (U21 international for FYROM), signed from Xanthi and is a regular and consistent defender at Xanthi.

Deniz Baikara - Young Turk of massive potential

Alexandros Tziolis - versatile Panionios defender

Vaggelis Mantzios

Ilias Kyriakidis - Impressed in first half of season with Ionikos; now at AEK

Andriolas - future GK of Greece? Recently impressed tremendously helping his Chalkidona team earn a draw against Aigaleo. (Strengths: Height and jumping). Could be first-choice Chalkidona goalkeeper by the end of the season.

etc. please comment on players that you choose if possible!

Guest Protathlitis

So you want to list foreign player too? for a second there i thought you wanted a turk in our NT!!

Iv been impressed with Tsiolis for the elpidon. As you say, he looks very versaltile and offers something going forward, reminds me a lot of katsouranis.

Mantzios is definatley a stiker to look forward to, once he moves to OSFP or another big club, we'll see what hes made of.

Also lagos looks very good considering his age.

I'm really feeling your choiuces, spot on.

Some of these guys have been around for ages, its depressing that they're onl ygetting attention now. Kapetanos K. scvored a corner kick last year and nobody was talking abou it. P Kapetan and Mantzios have been around scoring for 2-3 years now.

Kiriakidis has also shown good talent apparently, tsigas too, but maybe hes a little older. Has anyone seen Kazakis or Melissas?

• 3 weeks later...

Kazakis is a blend of Figo and Pires, only slightly more skillful. Delightful right foot, a true genius!

Mellissas on the other hand is a spectacular midfielder, reminds me of Viera with a hint of Redondo...

Grafike, e grafike....

ok man u made youre point

I think I'm the nastiest 18 yr old Greek. Forget Mantzios and Lagos and all them, JCL bitch :LOL:

i am already a star in the swiss league (5th division) i think i should go in the greek abroad forum....

they say i will be the next giourkas once i stop drinking/smoking/cursing and start going to practice and running/playing more games and get more skills.

Dude, D3 NCAA is so much better than the Swiss 5th League. And I'm the only non-Israeli kid on the team :tup: The coach told me he wanted me on the team to promote cultural diversity :LOL: Naw ok, I'll be fair, we've got a Jamaican too. And Drakos, are you a right back too!? :huh?: I smell a battle brewing for the starting RB spot on the Greek National Team after we both depose Giourkas :LOL: Get ready Real Madrid, you've found your Greek right back :LOL:

• 2 months later...

So you want to list foreign player too? for a second there i thought you wanted a turk in our NT!!

Iv been impressed with Tsiolis for the elpidon. As you say, he looks very versaltile and offers something going forward, reminds me a lot of katsouranis.

Mantzios is definatley a stiker to look forward to, once he moves to OSFP or another big club, we'll see what hes made of.

Also lagos looks very good considering his age.

both tsiolis and mantzios is of to us :P :tup: :nw:

Archived