Phantis Forums

M.Schumacher gives $10M

Iliana

from f1racing.net

Schu's $10m pledge 

F1 world champion Michael Schumacher donated $10 million (US) to the relief effort following Boxing Day's devastating tsunami disaster in south Asia. The German's pledge, announced by agent Willi Weber on a German TV fundraiser for the UN Children's Fund and German Red Cross, is the biggest so far in the world of sport, and possibly of any individual. 

"What happened to so many people is so unfathomable and horrible," 36-year-old Schumacher, the Ferrari driver, said. "One cannot simply blind it out -- we're suffering with them."

Earlier, the International Olympic Committee pledged $1m, the English Premier League $2m, while German soccer squad Bayern Munich offered $400,000. The Asian death toll is at 146,000.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

I have contributed 10 euro in yesturday's "telemarathonio" you dirty mouse... I don't expect the ugly face of Schumi to save mankind.... I am sure he has couple of hundred mn USD kept in a bank account in Switzerland... The 10mn he gave was his last month's interest!!!! :P

However I must say, credit to him, because they were others financially similar to him who did not give anything.... ;)

These kind of actions must always be applauded!!! Even if they come by Scum-acher!!!!

However I must say, credit to him, because they were others financially similar to him who did not give anything.... ;)

These kind of actions must always be applauded!!! Even if they come by Scum-acher!!!!

ahhh, pappous gives credit to Schumacher!!!! I need to save this thread somewhere!!!Posted Image

Archived