Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAO - PAOK

Ziaka

On Wednesday PAOK travel to Athens to meet Panathinaikos. Everyone expects PAOK to lose this game by a convincing margin. I am of the opinion that we have a chance to get a positive result here. The pressure will be on Panathinaikos, who are the clear favorite here. If we can frustrate them by keeping them from scoring an early goal we could have a chance. the longer the game goes scoreless, the better our chances. That's assuming we will not make the stupid defensive mistakes we have been making all season long.

My prediction is a 2-1 loss to Panathinaikos. Hope I am wrong.

The game will be televised live on Supersport 1 in Greece and on ERT-Sat in USA and Australia.

Pinacle turn around for PAOK.

PAOK 2-0!!!

Paok can get a result here

win or tie

Pao is in high hopes b/c they are 1 point back on the league lead

they think Paok sucks they are all thinking of a high scoring win

Paok got rid of most of the crap and headache players a couple of weeks ago and they played great last weekend

carry that to leoforos

if they don't score early they will be frustrated and if Paok scores early forget about it

go for it Paok

Like I said PAOK has nothing to lose in this game and the players should play freely. With that in mind if we get some lucky bounces anything is possible. last time we beat PAO at leoforo was in 2001. I remmeber that in that game we were heavy underdogs, and managed to win 2-1 with a goal by Pappou's favorite player who now plays at PAO.

PAOK travels to Athens without injured maladenis, Ekgomitis, and Vaggelis. As a result fringer had to include Zavantias (rumored to be axed soon), and the youngster Christodoulopoulos.

Here is the 18-man squad for the PAO game:

Guest Protathlitis

I posted this in the Pao forum but i thought id post it here too since its aimed at paok fans:

During the Paok game, after the vazeloi went down 0-1 they started up their paok=bulgarian chants. People from Salonika and Makedonia are the real macedonians and they dont deserve that from fellow Greeks.

Thats a fukin disgrace, i dont mind the fanatic chants that the gavroi, vazeloi, aektzides or anyone else comes up with; but when you start chanting s%$#! like that just because your a goal down its anti-greek.

Im not saying its just vazeloi that do it, im sure OSFP and Aek fans do it aswell and they are a disgrace as well.

I apologise to all Paok fans and anyone else from the REAL MACEDONIA for the behaviour of the Athenians.

Who agrees with me?

Tough loss to swallow after playing hard and with passion throughout the game. With a little luck we could have walked out with 3 points from this game. Had PAO not equalised right before the end of 1st half, I think we would have won the game. Very stupid giveaway by Spasic to let PAO equalise. Had a great chance with Salpiggidis in 2nd half to go ahead 2-1 but PAO goalie made a great save. Too bad we deserved at least 1 point from this game. Great game by Salpiggidis, Udese, Karypidis, and the suprise this season so far the youngster Zisopoulos.

As for the "famous" chant, nothing new under the sun. Also heard was the usual "Gamiete o PAOK ke i Thessaloniki" chant. Another thing that was not publicized by the media was the fact that the 300 PAOK fans were attacked with stones and bricks while making their way to Leoforo.

Archived