Phantis Forums

Pao vs Sevilla

HOLLYWOOD

Good post Green. Really some of you guys are making way too big a deal about this. We've beaten some of the best teams before; there's no reason why we can't beat Seville, give me a break. If we play at our best then we not only can beat them, we can beat ANYONE.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this???!!! Please, get a grip on yourselves! I think it was a good draw. What did you expect, Kolopetinitsa???

It's too early for predictions now, but I do think PAO can get through. Besides, aren't we the ones who play to our opponents level? If a crappy team, we suck. We tend to play better against good teams! Think abou this.

And, yes, we should go to Spain with a winning attitude.

We should not fear anyone. We have this mentality, if the players have the mentality that I have seen so far on this forum than yes we can lose to anyone. But we should not be afraid... our opponents should fear us.

If we play to our strengths we can go head to head with anyone in Europe

As for Seville thinking we are a defensive team - 11 goals in 6 CL games - I dont thinkso. We can turn it on offensive. I think were good to score anywhere in Europe. I rarely remember games were we are kept scoreless - except for Old Trafford.

PS - I actually thinks it a nice gesture that some of the Gauroi have shown some support for us in this draw. Well done!

As for Seville thinking we are a defensive team - 11 goals in 6 CL games - I dont thinkso.

spaniards are too arrogant....they didnt seem to notice this fact and labeled us defensive.....still bitter about the euro and the qualifyer.....

and as for Manoli being our only top player......wasnt Gonzalez just in Madrid for the charity match???????

Sevilla played AEK in a crucial game (for them) and barely won, by the skin of their teeth, on a last minute penalty (3-2).

The way I see it is that PAO should not overestimate them.

Watch the defence in Leoforos and try to win 2-0 and then play their game away to avoid Olympiakos fate in Anfield.

we can do this boys...we gota turn up our game though...our defense will have to be tight and if skazni plays it right...we will score..have some faith boys...the draw could have been worst...we can beat sevilla, we just gotta play good ball...have some faith!!

"Against Sevilla, Panathinaikos plays its first-leg match at home on February 16"

HOLLY_SHIT my Birthday!!!

i better get a good present of 2-0 :)

I hope you do get your present on that day and the rest of us greens.

I partly watched the Sevilla/Real Betis match today, however with some difficulty since my daughter wanted to put on elmo's christmas party video:)

I have confidence the trifilli can win.

• 2 weeks later...

History...vs Spanish opponents...

UEFA Cup

Thu 28 Nov 1968 Athletic Bilbao - PAO 1 - 0

Wed 20 Nov 1968 PAO - Athletic Bilbao 0 - 0

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Champions League

Tue 9 Apr 2002 Barcelona - PAO 3 - 1 Konstantinou M. (8)

Wed 3 Apr 2002 PAO - Barcelona 1 - 0 Basinas A. (79)

Champions League

Tue 24 Oct 2000 Deportivo La Coruna - PAO 1 - 0

Wed 13 Sep 2000 PAO - Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 1 Warzycha K. (29)

UEFA Cup

Thu 9 Dec 1999 PAO - Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 1 Asanovic A. (78)

Thu 25 Nov 1999 Deportivo La Coruna - PAO 4 - 2 Warzycha K. (21)

Galeto F. (66)

Champions League

Tue 30 Oct 2001 Mallorca - PAO 1 - 0

Wed 19 Sep 2001 PAO - Mallorca 2 - 0 Vlaovic G. (24)

Konstantinou M. (28)

Champions League

Wed 20 Mar 2002 PAO - Real Madrid 2 - 2 Lymberopoulos (9)

Goumas Y. (64)

Tue 4 Dec 2001 Real Madrid - PAO 3 - 0

Champions League

Tue 13 Mar 2001 Valencia - PAO 2 - 1 Basinas A. (27)

Wed 6 Dec 2000 PAO - Valencia 0 - 0

2 wins 7 losses 5 draws

...and we have never won in Spain and the goal differencial is as so..

for:11 goals

against:19 goals

Scorers:

Basinas 2

Konstandinou 2

Warzycha 2

Lymberopoulos 1

Goumas 1

Vlaovic 1

Galeto 1

Asanovic A. 1

I hope this was a good history lesson lets hope we can rewrite history and get a win in Spain :P

the pessimism here is so huge but needless, I feel! PAO is a better team than Sevilla CF and I can even see two wins in this tie for PAO if the team plays for a win away... Ease guyz, PAO will go thru and hopefully play with AC Parma... :D

• 5 weeks later...

there is no way we will beat them in current conditions.....hopefully with some changes soon in morale form and coaches we can rise up again and challenge for uefa....if that happens we are doing good

more importantly for us, Sevilla was blown out by Barcelona to hit there morale a bit (4-0) and now its possible there star player Julio Baptista could go to Atletico!!!!

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=45134&idSez=20

with Guerrero and Baptista gone, and if PAO resurects chances are looking favorable....

:nono:

(athinaios @ Dec 17 2004, 10:18 PM)

And, yes, we should go to Spain with a winning attitude.

Elastonpappou 13 Posted on Dec 20 2004, 06:11 AM

With that Kota Skazni on the bench I seriously doubt it!!!! 

As bad as Skasni might be, his European record, so far, is far superior to Scum's shame

PEACE

Archived