Phantis Forums

Location of First Division clubs ?

WinnipegFury

Guest Protathlitis

Oly, aek, pana, aigaleo, chalkidona, panionios, kallithea and ionikos are sadly ALL from Athens

Iraklis, paok, aris are from salonica

like you said ergotelis is from rethymno, crete and ofi from irakleio, crete

xanthi is from xanthi in northern greece

kerkira is from the island of kerkira/ corfu

kalamaria is from kalamaria in macedonia just south of salonica

So of the four clubs from Salonika, which are the biggest ? Would I be correct to assume that PAOK are the biggest in terms of support ?

Yes, support-wise PAOK are bigger both in Salonica and in Northern Greece.

Achievement-wise, PAOK have won the title twice (1976, 1985) Aris have won it 3 times (the last time in 1946) while Iraklis were robbed of one title in the late 1940's (that's a whole different story).

Apollon spend their time bouncing from A' to B' Ethniki and back.

OSFP and PAO are the most.....shirts are about 50-60E (offical ones, from the stadium shops)

in other words thats about :

25000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Million Turkish Liras

:P :P :P

as for more fans - Panathinaikos and Olympiakos have the most... i think Olympiakos is a bit bigger with fans, but not that much.

Oly, aek, pana, aigaleo, chalkidona, panionios, kallithea and ionikos are sadly ALL from Athens

Iraklis, paok, aris are from salonica

like you said ergotelis is from rethymno, crete and ofi from irakleio, crete

xanthi is from xanthi in northern greece

kerkira is from the island of kerkira/ corfu

kalamaria is from kalamaria in macedonia just south of salonica

Ergotelis is from Iraklio and no from rethymno...

• 2 weeks later...

How can you call Olympiakos an Athens club? PAO fans must be insulted, as an oly fan I'm insulted. The difference between Athens and Piraeus is like LA and Anaheim.

after the big 3 teams in athens

the biggest team is then Panionios but they still can't get above the big Athens teams b/c they haven't been consistent enough within the league

i mean in the last couple of years they have been able to get a uefa spot

Aigaleo might be that team that cracks it

they have a chance this season anywayz their only 7 points behind AEK and they are going through injuries so they could past them

and if they finish 3rd they get a c.l. qualifying spot and if they draw a team that isn't from the bigger leagues they could make it in

it would give the club alot of money

but remember i am being hypothetical here

Aigaleo has only been here in its third season if i am right and have a very and i mean a very low fan based but this could be a possibility

unfourtunatley we lost our 3rd CL spot.....we only have 2 next year and the 2nd place has to qualify.

i didn't know that

i figured since Greek teams have been struggling as of late in europe

let me guess we lost our spots to Portugal and Holland

well the Greek championship as more as of stake now b/c its automatic to c.l.

hopefully Greek teams (Especially Olympiakos) plays well in Uefa to gain Greece back some points

let me guess we lost our spots to Portugal and Holland

We lost it to Portugal for the 2005-06 European season. We ended 7th in those rankings.

Also for the 2006-07 season we are allready behind Holland in 8th place.

For the 2007-08 season we are still in 8th place, but with Scotland right behind us.

For the 2008-09 season we currently are in 11th place quite behind 8th.

For the 2009-10 season we currently stand in 15th place.

It is very important for Greek teams to collect points in their European games in the upcoming seasons, so we could move up.

Den pistevw na pistebei kanenas mas oti oi omades mas sto uefa tha proxwrhsoun poly!!!Edw h Aek den katafere na mazepsei oute bathmo stous omilous kai thelei na paei kai cl?gia pio logo kala einai kai sto uefa!!!Den mazebei polla @@@ toulaxiston!!! :tdown:

those are not good numbers at all

the Greek league cannot afford to drop anymore

i mean the scottish league are u ###### kidding me their is really only one team celtic

Rangers and the rest of that league just suck

as for the Holland league its a real tight race with them ahead of us by a bit

things can change if Greek teams progress and Holland teams drop

to be realistic here the only reason the Greek league has dropped is due to the inept of the Greek teams to take European play serious enough

they have allowed the other leagues to catch up

i mean Portugal only had Porto doing anything in Europe

Holland dropped a bit b/c everything depends on Ajax and they haven't been as good as of late.

Olympiakos with its new stadium and Pao having problems with finding a location for their ground will be years behind Olympiakos meaning Olympiakos will have the resources to get alot of good players but to do so they need better opportunities in Europe off course this depends on Olympiakos playing better in c.l. and even uefa cup

AEK will be behind for a while b/c of their finanical situation

lets be honest this will be a very important time for the Greek league its top 2 teams must progress to basically keep the Greek league on the map

Archived