Phantis Forums

PAOK punished

Ziaka

The sports judge punished PAOK with 2 games without fans at Toumba for the violence in the game with AEK. As a result, PAOK will have to play its cup game against Aigaleo and the league game against Ionikos behind closed doors.

I wonder if PAE POAK will now wthdraw the invitation to Maradona, since he was supposed to come for the game against Ionikos.

Incidently, AEK was fined 5,000 Euro for their fans behavior during the game at Toumba.

Also Olympiakos received a 1 game fan ban for the incidents during the game with Panathinaikos.

The PAOK fans are the hardest in Greece (Reds and Greens are like saints compared to the "Mauroi" :box: ) and this kind of stuff has been going on for ages in Greece and Europe...Once will we have many problems up there..

Correct me if I am wrong....

A tough punishment but a fair one in my estimation. PAOK's fans have to learn to control themselves when it comes to these games and hooliganism is not the way to express their love for the team.

I would agree Zacho..PAOK's fans are the nuttiest in all of Greece. But I'm sure other forum members will disagree.

As far as Maradona goes, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have him come to the game now. Maybe they could reschedule? This would have been a good opportunity for him to come to the match, seen (hopefully) a packed house and the passion that comes with PAOK football. Too bad really...

I don't disagree with the ban for PAOK. One of these days the fans will have to learn that they only punish the team with these actions. The problem lies with the front office. At the beggining of the season after some minor incidents they proposed to close gate 4 (where the majority ofl the problems occur), and were going to prosecute some PAOK fans that were arrested, but after seeing that fans stopped going to the games, they reversed their decision.

As for Olympiakos they will serve their ban inthe cup game against Kallithea, but yesterday I heard on ERA-Spor that they will appeal the decision, since Chalkias was not injured after he was hit by the object thrown from the stands!!!!! Incidently, PAOK also has the option to appeal the judges decision.

Archived