Phantis Forums

Spanish bullfight-Barca/Real

Any of you see this match today and what you think?

I saw only the 1st half but read the 2nd didnt change much either so a very off day for the billion dollar team.

Real had no spark and seemed lost. Their passing was totally off. Figo, Zidane tried but nada. Ronaldinho is something else though.

That 1st goal that Roberto Carlos and Castillas allowed was so clumsy.

Beckham, Raul, and a few of these highly paid player$$$ were :tdown:

Amazing all this money so that they only look good.

Any of you see this match today and what you think?

I saw only the 1st half but read the 2nd didnt change much either so a very off day for the billion dollar team.

Real had no spark and seemed lost. Their passing was totally off. Figo, Zidane tried but nada. Ronaldinho is something else though.

That 1st goal that Roberto Carlos and Castillas allowed was so clumsy.

Beckham, Raul, and a few of these highly paid player$$$ were :tdown:

Amazing all this money so that they only look good.

what a surprise, flashy names vs real footballers and its a rout! Beckham isnt a player hes public relations, same with Roberto Carlos (worthless defender but can shoot hard and occasionaly scores) Figo is washed up......Barcelona is young and powerful, no suprise they thrashed them.

Did you like what you saw in this game?

Personally I think it was one of the most boring games I have ever watched in my life. No imagination, no extraordinary piece of skill in display, not a lot of chances...

I could easily fall asleep if I was watching it on my own (I had company, so I had to try and stay awake!)

I mean, if we're seeing performances like this by 2 of the greatest european teams with so many stars on the pitch, then we can't complain about the displays of the greek teams in the greek league....

Did you like what you saw in this game?

Personally I think it was one of the most boring games I have ever watched in my life. No imagination, no extraordinary piece of skill in display, not a lot of chances...

I could easily fall asleep if I was watching it on my own (I had company, so I had to try and stay awake!)

I mean, if we're seeing performances like this by 2 of the greatest european teams with so many stars on the pitch, then we can't complain about the displays of the greek teams in the greek league....

Well the 1st 20mins was not that boring but eventually came to that. However Barca, ahem I mean Ronaldinho showed why he's one of the best in europe at the moment. He's smiling all the time and shows he's enjoying himself.

For some reason I just don't like that shorty Deco and they say he's very good and could pick-up footballer of the year :blink: For me he's an A1 diver.

Dragon I agree with you. With 2 "power houses and super-stars" like these you'd expect a great game which I thought would have happened but hey the wonder boys had a night off. They don't need to fight hard and win since they're already raking the big cash.

Nobody should even complain about the so-called boring defensive style of our NT during euro 04.

For some reason I just don't like that shorty Deco and they say he's very good and could pick-up footballer of the year :blink: For me he's an A1 diver.

oh yeah, Deco sucks. :LOL

I mean,get real man. Who would you think should win this year? A Madrid p.r as Drakos calls them? Arent you bored to death wit the same old players from the same old teams? Deco was European Champion with FCP and carried Portugal to the European Championship final playing some times as a right back. Go and tell F***ing Figo to play right back and you ll see what that stupid a**hole tells you. Deco is a humble player who gives everything to his team. And if that involves making and getting fouls so be it. He is capable of wonders and he is playing in another position in Barca something Riquelme didnt want to do because he is very important. ;)

Deco rules.

i also agree with dragonfly..it was a pretty bring match for two such great teams and such a huge buildup for the match...in the deco discussion, i believe he is a very skilled great player...hes got alot of quality in him and can lay some really good ball...

but, i partially agree with chameleon..the guy dives like none other..when he gets touched, he always seems to fal strait down..you never really see him battling shoulder vs shoulder with someone because he falls alot..another thig ive noticed is when he gets frustrated, instead of raising his game, he sinks into a ditch and performs terribly..this was really evident in the greece v portugal game..he got frustrated and shanked every ball he shot...but none the less, i believe he is a very good player who fits in very well in the barca system...

I agree with Ronaldinho winning this year. He is the best player since Maradona and if the traditional excuse of "he hasnt won anything this year" sticks then I can only foresee a Deco/Zagorakis battle. I dare you FIFA to give it again to a Madrid player. :box:

I know you guys are not very fond of players like Deco or Henry but in my point of view they are simply brilliant.

Ronaldinho, Deco, Henry. It is only fair.

some of you guys comments are really crap. a very young emphatic team plays one of the most washed-up opposition in Europe and it was as clear as crsytal that Barca would eradicate Real... Ronaldinho is a mile-over Zidane, Deco flushed Beckham and Figo was nowhere against Gio!

go Barca... go and win the Europea Championship... you really deserve it!!!

and just watching Ronaldinho makes a game frantic... I cannot understand while you were so bored...

Ronaldinho is the biggest player World Football is witnessing ever after Maradona!!! :box: :king: :smartass:

I didnt say he sucked. Just that from the games I've seen him play (excluding euro 04) he dives pretty much without a fight unless he's not strong enough to battle for the ball or to get the important foul like everyone does.

I dont think Deco is a diver... In contrast, I think he's so clever that he knows when and how the slightest touch of the defender can be a foul, so he positions his body accordingly in order to win the foul...

Remember KMelachrinosalis technique when he was playing in Olympiakos?? He would take the ball and pass it forward when we were in attack BUT when we're in defensive position OR when it looks difficult to get the attacking game going, he would look on how to win a foul in order to give the team some seconds to recover... That's perfectly OK. And that's what Deco does.

Although I think the truly great from that Portuguese team was Rui Costa, I can't help but to admit that Deco right now is the best no.10 in Europe.

For me it wasn't boring at all.. Actually I was in Plaza Catalunia Saturday night and it looked like Omonia full of PAO fans.... :P Great night for the Catalan fans!!!! :tup:

By the way... DECO SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! If Deco gets the player of the year award then NEDVED has to be named the footballing GOD of the last 3 centuries!!!! :P

Archived